England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Liked Winks willingness to try and pass through the lines tbh

He's legitimately a good footballer, and the kind of player that England are a bit short on - clever, good vision, nice range of passing, comfortable on the ball. It's faintly pathetic that a player with so little experience is starting game for England, but this is where we are.

Also, he has been playing for England in every age group since he was 16 IIRC.

Guest Howaythetoon

You've got to wonder if some of these random youngesters or big club fringe players get caps because of agents as we all know if an english youngster also happens to be a full international the premium is even higher... I've long suspected that could be why the likes of Lingaard for example keeps getting caps! It happens in South America and among African nations!

• 4 weeks later...

Not a chance Loftus-Cheek should be getting the nod ahead of Shelvey like, no way

I was thinking the same. I think Loftus-Cheek looks talented and Newcastle should be watching him closely, but he's done fuck all really.

Don't see why Lascelles is a year away when plenty of other players are getting picked these days on the strength of a few games.

That is very true, however the statement is probably right Lascelles is not ready yet, if he was playing for one of the top 6 he would certainly be in the squad though.

Don't see why Lascelles is a year away when plenty of other players are getting picked these days on the strength of a few games.

That is very true, however the statement is probably right Lascelles is not ready yet, if he was playing for one of the top 6 he would certainly be in the squad though.

Could the same be said for Dunk? Wonder if Lascelles is ahead of him in the pecking order

Not a chance Loftus-Cheek should be getting the nod ahead of Shelvey like, no way

I was thinking the same. I think Loftus-Cheek looks talented and Newcastle should be watching him closely, but he's done f*** all really.

Absolutely, ridiculous decision from a ridiculous manager that should never be in charge of the national team.

Guest firetotheworks

I agree that if player X is getting a look in, then Lascelles and Shelvey should be. But being totally honest, neither should be playing for England.

Could the same be said for Dunk? Wonder if Lascelles is ahead of him in the pecking order

2 year age difference but they're both at the age (Lascelles nearly 24 and Dunk nearly 26) where it shouldn't really be prohibitive.