England

Yorkie

It's nice to see England having a system that works.  Complete opposite to some of s**** that's managed us since 2000.

Can see why Lascelles wasn't picked tbh. We've looked pretty dodgy at the back IMO but it's nearly all been of our own making.

It's nice to see England having a system that works.  Complete opposite to some of s**** that's managed us since 2000.

Can see why Lascelles wasn't picked tbh. We've looked pretty dodgy at the back IMO but it's nearly all been of our own making.

Aye same, couldn't see Lascelles playing as expansively as our defenders have been tbh. Shelvey wouldn't make much sense given how we play either, you could bring him for a sub option i suppose but in general i understand why he made those decisions now.

Aye same, couldn't see Lascelles playing as expansively as our defenders have been tbh. Shelvey wouldn't make much sense given how we play either, you could bring him for a sub option i suppose but in general i understand why he made those decisions now.

we've played against two of the worst teams going tbf, the point about lascelles and shelvey was always to give yourself the option of having something different

if he thinks we play this defence against good teams and don't get punished he's insane imo

we've played against two of the worst teams going tbf, the point about lascelles and shelvey was always to give yourself the option of having something different

if he thinks we play this defence against good teams and don't get punished he's insane imo

Yeah but he's playing 3 in the back, all the defenders are asked to carry the ball forward and we are pressing a lot. Not exactly something which is suited to Lascelles skillset personally.

I'm sure against big teams we will adapt accordingly but personally i don't have any issues with the decisions he's made now i've seen how he wants the team to play.

Guest neesy111

Would rather we concentrate on making this system good tbh.

there's gonna come a time when you need a backs against the wall performance against a better side, that's why i'd have had lascelles and shelvey in the squad as opposed to dross like phil jones

that's all, i like the way they play and tbh it's nice to see but he's purposefully denied himself certain options and that's poor management imo

if you're under pressure against a superior team you do not want stones and maguire sorting it out

Sure but we don't know how this team will react to that yet, i'm not as quick to rule out a possibility they could be good as you are tbh.

As of right now we don't know how good/bad they could be in that scenario, it's all conjecture.

Shelvey backs against the wall with his known stamina, concentration and defensive positioning?

shelvey with better passing range than anyone in the england squad to utilise pace on the breakaway? 

lascelles bothers me more than shelvey tbh, much more

kid yourselves all you want, as we do most world cups/tournaments, but that defence is really there to be got at the way we play now...if i was manager i'd rather have a different option in my squad that's all

we'll see how it goes, hopefully i'm 100% wrong and we pass our way to WC glory

Sure but we don't know how this team will react to that yet, i'm not as quick to rule out a possibility they could be good as you are tbh.

As of right now we don't know how good/bad they could be in that scenario, it's all conjecture.

fair and i agree, they might be mint, i really hope they are

lets be honest we've beaten some poor teams but then so has everyone else, if there's a WC there for the taking it's this one

First game was basically Walker being a moron( they barely got in the box outside of that) and elbowing someone and the second game we were up 6-0 and much better teams would have also conceded in the same scenario.

You just get careless when you have big leads, if Real Madrid has done it then obviously we will. I'm a lot more concerned with our ability to create in open play personally, conceding 1 goal in each game is nowhere near as concerning as that to me.

That's a pretty basic lack of knowledge of the rules.

Apparently they can kick off and play on if all of the opposition players are off the pitch celebrating? Not sure if this includes the GK, though.

Apparently they can kick off and play on if all of the opposition players are off the pitch celebrating? Not sure if this includes the GK, though.

Fake news spread on Twitter.

And pass it back not forwards from kick off?