England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Why are Colombia being considered as an easy route btw?

They arent. It's what comes after

Beat Colombia then it's Sweden/Switzerland. After them one from Spain/Russia/Croatia/Denmark.

Belgium have Japan, then Brazil/Mexico, France/Argentina/Uruguay/Portugal

Boils down to wanting to play Brazil or Spain IMO. All the rest are beatable on a good day.

It's 'Japan then Brazil' vs 'Columbia then Sweden/Switzerland', the latter choice is infinitely more preferable. We might get dicked in the last 16 but we're just as likely to make the semis.

As far as I remember England don't always find it easy against Sweden (if we get there that is) Think we're likely to play Colombia in the quarter though. Butyeah, Sweden might still be preferable to u, understandable.

How is it arrogant to want an easier draw?  Don't get that at all. It's literally no different at all to wanting an easier draw in any cup competition.

Probably because Japan are the far easier draw for the next round but everyone’s talking about a favourable QF draw like we’ll stroll past Colombia.

Why is this being twisted like this?

We know the teams we'll play and coming 2nd is far, far easier. Nobody is saying we'll beat Columbia, it's just we have a far better chance of beating them than Brazil.

Guest neesy111

How is it arrogant to want an easier draw?  Don't get that at all. It's literally no different at all to wanting an easier draw in any cup competition.

How is wanting a loss going to be good for the moral of the squad of a young team?

:lol: They're highly paid professional footballers, not the under 11s. I'm sure Marcus Rashford will get over this defeat in a dead rubber.

Seriously man, this might be the guy's only world cup and he's happy to take things on the chin in missing chances deliberately.

It's 'Japan then Brazil' vs 'Columbia then Sweden/Switzerland', the latter choice is infinitely more preferable. We might get dicked in the last 16 but we're just as likely to make the semis.

As far as I remember England don't always find it easy against Sweden (if we get there that is) Think we're likely to play Colombia in the quarter though.

DIDN'T KNA YI WERE SWIZZ MATE HAHAHAHAHA

Probably because Japan are the far easier draw for the next round but everyone’s talking about a favourable QF draw like we’ll stroll past Colombia.

Why is this being twisted like this?

We know the teams we'll play and coming 2nd is far, far easier. Nobody is saying we'll beat Columbia, it's just we have a far better chance of beating them than Brazil.

aye.. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Your whole reasoning relies on us beating Colombia in the first place. If we dont do that it doesn’t fucking matter.

Brazil in the quarters would be a great game, a huge test and if we were to beat them give them the confidence and belief that we can win this you know.

How is wanting a loss going to be good for the moral of the squad of a young team?

[emoji38] They're highly paid professional footballers, not the under 11s. I'm sure Marcus Rashford will get over this defeat in a dead rubber.

Seriously man, this might be the guy's only world cup and he's happy to take things on the chin in missing chances deliberately.

He didn't miss that chance deliberately like [emoji38]

Guest neesy111

Anyone wanting a loss doesn't have a clue about momentum in sport works.

Like when Portugal finished 3rd in their group in 2016?

The euros is fucked forever with the current format.  Will never take it seriously again.

Guest neesy111

[emoji38] They're highly paid professional footballers, not the under 11s. I'm sure Marcus Rashford will get over this defeat in a dead rubber.

Then it's an awful miss considering he was 1 on 1.

Guest neesy111

Gary Neville absolutely spot on there in my opinion.

Aye, failed football manager and international assistant as he is.

That's a perfectly fair point and I think the point was rendered a little moot by Colombia being next for second place. But I do think the route to the final is much simpler as it stands - that's not the same as thinking it's a done deal.

Then it's an awful miss considering he was 1 on 1.

He should have scored but the keeper does get a touch on it so doubt he missed it on purpose

Your whole reasoning relies on us beating Colombia in the first place. If we dont do that it doesn’t fucking matter.

Brazil in the quarters would be a great game, a huge test and if we were to beat them give them the confidence and belief that we can win this you know.

Have I got wingdings on or something? :lol:

It's just the easier route of the 2.