England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

I mean Tomori could've been picked to play alongside stones. But Southgate doesn't seem to rate him. That would be my number one target for the toon if I was manager bit of pace in the backline. 

"Two banks of four lads. If you are unsure just knock it up to Harry. Remember, none of that Tika Taka shite. Let's play for free kicks and corners. I know Jordan isn't here with us this tournament but if we just run about enough, it will feel like he is." That's Gareths team talk sorted.

"Also don't forget to practice your pens, that Chris Waddle looked a right walker when he missed that time."

Posted (edited)

I think he's been brave knowing relying on certain individuals in the past hasn't help him win anything, with his last chance he's looked at being more creative with selection, I agree with all the omissions, I actually think we stand a chance, probably in the top four with France,Germany, Portugal, and Southgate of winning. 

Edited by mighty__mag

Palace having more players in the England squad than any other club is wild.

Fair play to them and will be good to see how those players perform.

No Grealish is a strange one like. He hasn't been amazing this season but he's perfect for getting up the pitch and winning free kicks if you're under the cosh.

8 hours ago, Jimburst said:

I'm all for celebrations that aren't knee slides, tbh. Love the Wilson salute.

and the fabian schar.

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

No Grealish is a strange one like. He hasn't been amazing this season but he's perfect for getting up the pitch and winning free kicks if you're under the cosh.

I agree. Lots of experience in big games too and can certainly beat a man. Think it's actually Pep that had told him to halt that a bit as he wants safe,progressive possession.

I'd be absolutely pissed off if I was him. With both Pep and Southgate.

Grealish looked good in the recent friendly but I guess hard decision had to be made. I can’t say who id take out to put him back in. 

Pickford

Walker Stones Konza Trippier

Rice Bellingham 

Saka Foden Gordon

Kane

Is how I would start against Serbia from that squad

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Pickford

Walker Stones Konza Trippier

Rice Bellingham 

Saka Foden Gordon

Kane

Is how I would start against Serbia from that squad

This is the only competent lineup really, still think the defence looks a bit suspect. 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Who ?

Lord Livra probably a better choice for LB and back up RB than Trippier based on this season. Was never going to happen mind. 

2 hours ago, samptime29 said:

Our defence is a worry but our attacking options are strongest in tournament imo. Kane, Saka, Foden, Bellingham, Palmer, Eze, Gordon, Bowen, Watkins, Toney. Plenty of goals there.

I think France have overall strongest squad. I honestly think it's between France, England and Portugal to win it.

I’d say only 3 or 4 of those are proven/likely to perform at the very top level though. Do have hopes for Gordon, Palmer and Eze mind, so it could go better than I think. 

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Lord Livra probably a better choice for LB and back up RB than Trippier based on this season. Was never going to happen mind. 

Aye, definitely world cup though