England

Nobody

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

He justified taking Luke Shaw because of the 3 extra places but not taking a left footed LB was ridiculous 

Mitchell is a much better LB than Trippier 

Hall would have been better than Trippier with Foden playing left wing IMO

12 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Hall would have been better than Trippier with Foden playing left wing IMO

I agree

I think Hall probably missed out by a month or so, apart from ourselves I heard next to no noise about picking him

It was really incompetent to take one left footed LB when the formation relies on the LB for width. It’s incompetence on incompetence to then refuse to change the LF to get width there instead when the left footed LB is out.

And then I think it’s triple incompetence to stick a RF as LWB for width if he does do that.

There's a lot to criticise Southgate for this tournament, but I really fail to see how not playing TAA is one of them. He's notorious for being poor defensively at RB/RWB, poor positionally in midfield, and he's had a poor tournament. I wouldn't play him personally. 

22 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

There's a lot to criticise Southgate for this tournament, but I really fail to see how not playing TAA is one of them. He's notorious for being poor defensively at RB/RWB, poor positionally in midfield, and he's had a poor tournament. I wouldn't play him personally. 

Based on form over a season, he has to be in the side ahead of Trippier imo.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Southgate is a defensive minded manager and Trippier is way way better defensively, so it’s not surprising, however it’s not like Trippier gives nothing going forward

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Based on how they usually play for England?

You can't just pick players on form like.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Based on how they usually play for England?

You can't just pick players on form like.

Hard to compare, since Trent has been playing CM and then came on at LB. Absolutely no chance Trippier should be ahead of him imo. 

2 hours ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

What's the overall feeling over here?

Are you all hyped up for this afternoon?

not really. strangely subdued for a quarter final.

almost not looking forward to it.

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hard to compare, since Trent has been playing CM and then came on at LB. Absolutely no chance Trippier should be ahead of him imo. 

Surely if you accept that Trippier has played well for England and usually does vs a player who hasn't and usually doesn't then it makes sense? 

For years this was the Harry Maguire argument as well. It's what makes Southgate's continuous picking of Foden so odd imo, because he's another one who's never performed for England. 

Posted (edited)

He could have had Palmer or Saka on the right but has Trippier on the right and Saka on the left where he could have played Gordon….

Edit: should have just waited instead of looking at daft LiveScore when I did[emoji38] 

Edited by Geordie Boyo