England

Yorkie

I wouldn't bring Rooney like. Would rather have Kane, Vardy, Sturridge, Welbeck, Sterling, Lallana, Barkley and Alli for the attacking positions.

Plus it's not Rooney's fault but the circus you'll see if/when he's not picked to start is at best incredibly annoying for people like us and at worst a distraction to the team. I'd sack him off, he's yesterday's man.

Rooney shouldn't even be in the squad

Name 4 strikers better or 4 attacking midfielders better. No? Exactly.

Rooney is a striker who has Kane, Vardy, Sturridge at the very least ahead of him. They won't take four attacking midfielders but he surely would be behind Alli and Barkley. On this season's form, he should be nowhere near the England squad, and nor should he be on his own tournament history either.

I wouldn't bring Rooney like. Would rather have Kane, Vardy, Sturridge, Welbeck, Sterling, Lallana, Barkley and Alli for the attacking positions.

Plus it's not Rooney's fault but the circus you'll see if/when he's not picked to start is at best incredibly annoying for people like us and at worst a distraction to the team. I'd sack him off, he's yesterday's man.

He deserves to be there, the problem is i wouldn't start him and would he be a problem to the squad from a chemistry point of view.

Not that any of this matters as he'll be there and starting. :lol:

Would imagine it'll be Alli or Henderson to be dropped in favour of Rooney.

So instead of dropping an in-form striker, we simply shoehorn another striker into some stupid position in some stupid formation to accomodate him. :thup:

That's exactly what I see Roy doing. Not what he should do at all given the red hot form Vardy and Kane are in.

Nice to have some competition and also some decent, hard-working players who look like they give a toss.

Would be nice to see some centre backs come through though.

Rooney is a striker who has Kane, Vardy, Sturridge at the very least ahead of him. They won't take four attacking midfielders but he surely would be behind Alli and Barkley. On this season's form, he should be nowhere near the England squad, and nor should he on tournament history.

You still can't name 4 strikers who should go ahead of him. It's worth mentioning that Rooney's generally been good for England since the WC and scored plenty of goals. He's been poor for Man U with the shackles on, granted.

Rooney is a striker who has Kane, Vardy, Sturridge at the very least ahead of him. They won't take four attacking midfielders but he surely would be behind Alli and Barkley. On this season's form, he should be nowhere near the England squad, and nor should he on tournament history.

You still can't name 4 strikers who should go ahead of him. It's worth mentioning that Rooney's generally been good for England since the WC and scored plenty of goals. He's been poor for Man U with the shackles on, granted.

I actually think the turn of the year and prior to his injury he looked to be in a bit of form? His performance at our place included.

Rewriting history again Ron, as is your wont. I remember you giving it a couple of years before informing us that Rooney had had a good Euro 2012.

He's been average despite knocking in a few goals, and we look far better without him. FWIW, I'd take Welbeck ahead of him too.

Guest alijmitchell

I don't want to see England take Rooney tbh. He's been nothing short of complete toss in tournaments for years now. Hate him

I concede he maybe should be in squad, was being harsh, but i still would rather see Vardy, Kane and even Welbeck play ahead of him and I don't rate him playing in any other position but up front very much at all.

Matthaus is ace, should get him in for every match. :lol:

Yeah he's been really good, unsurprisingly much better than Ian Wright.

Remember when ITV got Cannavaro in for the whole World Cup and he was absolutely terrible :lol:

That was such a good game, England are playing with real heart and determination for the first time in fucking ages.

The senior picks will soon put paid to that when the tournament starts

One of the most enjoyable England performances I've watched that. My view of Dier and Alli especially has gone up massively in their respective roles. The way we pressed Germany as a team was truly excellent and not something that Rooney would be able to do. Saying that, I'd still take him as the 4th striker assuming Welbeck is seen as a wide forward.