England

Yorkie

Surprised Lascelles was not mentioned.

i like lascelles a lot but he's a long way from international football tbh, mind a call up to get him some experience in and around the scene shouldn't be beyond him

Agreed, however I don't think there's two many English defenders better than him just now.

CM out LB in? Wonder if Shelvey was in their thoughts, playing at a lower level but he's more than capable of replacing Danny Drinkwater on current form.  It's not as if he's just played in the championship either he was a squad regular not so long ago.

Lascelles is well out of the international picture at the moment and will be until he is an established Premier League defender. He wasn't a regular at U21 either so even Southgate won't have spared him a single thought.

Would think someone like Gibson at Boro would be ahead of him.

Lascelles is well out of the international picture at the moment and will be until he is an established Premier League defender. He wasn't a regular at U21 either so even Southgate won't have spared him a single thought.

The chairman?

Ben Gibson

The chairman?

Ben Gibson

Makes more sense now although I've never heard of him.  I've not followed the PL closely this year as we're not in it and I've seen next to nothing of Boro.