England

Yorkie

That was one the most technically deficient England performances I've seen, and I can remember Don Revie filling his team with 5 centre backs.

There was a 0-0 draw against Spain when Shaun Wright Phillips was racially abused that was so dire that everyone seems to have forgotten it ever happened.

I remember Bobby Robson putting out a side that got easily  beat at Wembley against Russia that had a centre midfield pairing of John Gregory and Steve Hunt. Grim times.

Do we really need to play Dier and Henderson together? Despite having two defensive midfielders, our back four was still regularly exposed.

If you keep on losing the ball and getting hit on the break, you're in trouble regardless of who is in front of the defence. The balance in the midfield was all wrong tonight.

Guest milburn990

Shelvey must think his England chances are over if this squad are higher up the pecking order......they were awful

Guest milburn990

Shelvey must think his England chances are over if this squad are higher up the pecking order......they were awful

He's barely played in the time this squad was picked though tbf.

I would have thought he's played more than lingard and winks for their clubs.

Jake Livermore was on the bench has just had a few weeks off with mental issues too :thup:

That was one the most technically deficient England performances I've seen, and I can remember Don Revie filling his team with 5 centre backs.

There was a 0-0 draw against Spain when Shaun Wright Phillips was racially abused that was so dire that everyone seems to have forgotten it ever happened.

I remember Bobby Robson putting out a side that got easily  beat at Wembley against Russia that had a centre midfield pairing of John Gregory and Steve Hunt. Grim times.

If it's the game I'm thinking of, I believe I was there. FFS.

Guest chopey

As I said the other day, I've never cared less about England than I do right now, if Ryan Giggs goes on live telly and calls you boring then you ate in trouble.

Do we really need to play Dier and Henderson together? Despite having two defensive midfielders, our back four was still regularly exposed.

If you keep on losing the ball and getting hit on the break, you're in trouble regardless of who is in front of the defence. The balance in the midfield was all wrong tonight.

Can't be having an England team without the famous Liverpool famous captain famous. Liverpool captains are what England are made of mate!! Despite him being a totally average nothing footballer, he must be in the side for his Englishness and complexion.

Jake Livermore was on the bench has just had a few weeks off with mental issues too :thup:

He missed one game. You wouldn't say he doesnt deserve to be there on the basis of missing one game through a muscle injury now.

We've been serving up utter dogshit at international level since 2010 for me. That poor and under par finals performances are now creeping in to our group games.

There's not a shred of evidence Russia tournament will be any different to how we exited the 2016 finals. If anything it will be worse.

We have talented players, what's holding us back and has done for the last 4-6 years is the naïve tactical approach. A possession based 4-2-3-1 isn't going to work properly without a deep playmaker and most of the play features the ball circulating between Dier, Henderson, Stones and Cahill until one of them inevitably launches a long ball and loses it. How someone like Shelvey isn't in this team is beyond me.

'84 , before Sir Bobby realised Glenn Hoddle was the man to build his team around. Think we lost 2-0 and were lucky to get 0.

He missed one game. You wouldn't say he doesnt deserve to be there on the basis of missing one game through a muscle injury now.

I would say he doesn't deserve to be there because he's nowhere near the quality of an International player though.

'84 , before Sir Bobby realised Glenn Hoddle was the man to build his team around. Think we lost 2-0 and were lucky to get 0.

Yeah I was there :lol:. Does the statute of limitations apply to child cruelty over 30 years?