1 hour ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

for shits and giggles...

Pickford

Walker   Stones    Maguire   Tripps

Rice

Bellingham         Foden

Saka.                                                        Gordon

Kane

Fuck the two holding Midfielder bollocks....

I’d be tempted to pull Trippier out of that side and play TAA as a DM - go full-on W-M formation and have a real go at teams

1 hour ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

for shits and giggles...

Pickford

Walker   Stones    Maguire   Tripps

Rice

Bellingham         Foden

Saka.                                                        Gordon

Kane

Fuck the two holding Midfielder bollocks....

This is exactly how i think we should play although i'd swap Tripps for a proper left footed full back and there's an argument for swapping Gordon for Grealish (when fit).
I understand going a bit less all out attack against some of the big boys, but we should be playing to our strengths and making statements against any team outside the top 10 in the world really. 

41 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

At least 7 of the first 11 will be defensively-minded, absolutely no point fantasising otherwise :lol:

Aye, can´t see Southgate changing his favoured two holding midfielders. I think with Rice sitting and bellingham backing him as he is a very intelligent player when it comes to decisions of when to stay or go, I think we could be a really feared team.

Unfortunately, I think Tripps on the left isn´t our best option, >Chillwell is playing great football at the moment.

Think he'll go with this for the Euros:

Pickford

Walker     Stones   Maguire   Chillwell 

Rice          Phillips 

Bellingham

Saka           Kane            Foden

I dont think Southgate trusts TAA in midfield. He might drop Bellingham back as a holding midfielder and stick Foden in as a 10, but I think thatll be too expressive for Gaz and he'll prefer to have Foden shunted out wide and a bang average Phillips holidng who he can substitute for Henderson to come on and point and shout lots. 

Has anyone managed to buy tickets for the match at St James'?

I am trying to but the page validation is requested a delivery method despite there being no way of selecting \ choosing a delivery method on the page (at least that I can see)

If anyone can help with a work around or show me how I am missing it I'd be very grateful, thanks!

1 hour ago, Monters said:

Has anyone managed to buy tickets for the match at St James'?

I am trying to but the page validation is requested a delivery method despite there being no way of selecting \ choosing a delivery method on the page (at least that I can see)

If anyone can help with a work around or show me how I am missing it I'd be very grateful, thanks!

Sorted - my address wasn't fully updated in my membership profile.

8 minutes ago, Monters said:

Sorted - my address wasn't fully updated in my membership profile.

Had the same issue yesterday.  Very confusing especially when there was already a delivery method pre-selected. Eventually realised as you did, that I needed to update my profile.

21 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Can Ross Barkley play his way into the squad... and team?

He should be in the mix but reckon Curtis Jones will get the nod - similar profile, career on the rise, decent season etc. 

18 minutes ago, Parsley said:

He should be in the mix but reckon Curtis Jones will get the nod - similar profile, career on the rise, decent season etc. 

Wouldn't begrudge that.

I think Southgate would prefer a more defensive midfield partner to Rice but the options aren't there.

Southgate is a fucking weirdo. There’s no logic to his actions at times. If you care about form, why pick the same player for so long when he’s not even playing.

Edited by Kimbo

11 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Phillips has managed to play his way out of the squad through regular football. If he was still at City he'd probably be in.

He really has, utterly ridiculous from Southgate that he continued to pick him whilst he was getting zero club minutes. The best manager in the world called him “overweight”. Then he goes to Ham, gets mins, then he drops him, justifying what his (Phillips) critics had been saying.

GS had his time, he brought some feel good between fans/players in last few tourneys, but we’ve really seen his limited tactical knowledge and inflexibility. The fact he’d only previously managed ‘Boro (outside of FA setup), and that was 15 years ago is really showing. 

Edited by Joelinton7

43 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

He really has, utterly ridiculous from Southgate that he continued to pick him whilst he was getting zero club minutes. The best manager in the world called him “overweight”. Then he goes to Ham, gets mins, then he drops him, justifying what his (Phillips) critics had been saying.

GS had his time, he brought some feel good between fans/players in last few tourneys, but we’ve really seen his limited tactical knowledge and inflexibility. The fact he’d only previously managed ‘Boro (outside of FA setup), and that was 15 years ago is really showing. 

There's an argument to be made here about a certain someone.

Replace Henderson with someone else and that's a very decent squad. Surprisingly chock full of attackers, which perhaps  highlights how few good CMs we have right now. 

Glad to see Braithwaite and Gomez getting a call up, need to get them both some international experience as we're lacking quality in that area also.

I'd still take any of Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliot, Ward-Prowse or Eze over Henderson though. Even Willock. 

Max Southgate would play from that attacking collection is 3 so not sure why he needs 9 options and then bare bones midfield options.

5 minutes ago, alexf said:

Max Southgate would play from that attacking collection is 3 so not sure why he needs 9 options and then bare bones midfield options.

Foden could easily be in the midfield category in that list though. But I do agree it seems excessive, I imagine he'll play two entirely different teams in each match and wants to see as many of the "maybe" players as he can.

Edited by Mazzy