England

Yorkie

58 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

People always say things like this but players fall off all the time. And many never reach their potential. People sued to talk of Phil Jones in this way.

I personally never saw it in Jones. He was much injury prone from the moment his career started.

I’m hoping we can replicate what Germany did in 09 where six of their starting players in the u21 final went on to win the World Cup five years later.  

On 20/03/2024 at 09:46, andycap said:

Why do we play friendlies for? Is there a qualifier of sorts around the corner sometime? 

You have set international weeks to accommodate qualifiers instead of having them scattered around the calendar. Both international and domestic coaches can prepare well in advance. Then if you’ve already qualified or are already out and don’t have a playoff you can have a couple of friendlies to try out new tactics and players, and bring squads together for training and bonding.

I prefer it like this tbh. Imagine you had Bruno Guimaraes flying halfway round the world for midweek games between league matches every three weeks or so.

:lol: We're a nation of absolute nonces. Crying over the colour scheme of a flag being messed around with for some clothes ffs.

Quite like them myself. 

5 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Infrared levels of gammon fewm in the replies to this 

I dont recall the St George Cross ever having purple or blue in it. Weirdest 'modern take on a classic' I ever saw. What next, the France tricolor in brown green and yellow?

There is such a thing as trying too hard....and Nike have nailed it

Edited by gjohnson

I hope it wasn't meant to offend as I love the St George flag. 

Be interesting how the yanks would feel the American flag getting a multi colour update I can imagine regardless of cost the strip would be pulled. 

Not that political and not smart enough to eloquently say what national pride should be but sometimes I feel like we are too mild mannered for our own good. 

Similar to the Bud light situation. I just don’t really see the point from a business perspective. The amount of right wing flag shaggers who won’t buy that shirt out spite. Will likely cost Nike millions.