England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Doubt it will matter much because it's Iceland but neither Kane or Sterling should be playing.

:lol: So arrogant.

Because i think we can beat we can beat Iceland? GTFO :lol: Not like i'm saying it about a legitimately great team now is it.

If me thinking we can beat Iceland is arrogant then go ahead and call me arrogant.

:lol: You're f***ing arrogant. You've been awful all tournament and the team you think you have in your minds is never the team that shows up at the match. You're just banging names together in your head and siding with the more famous ones. Iceland have been busting their asses and working together in every f***ing match and you think all you have to do to win is show up because you're England. That s***'s f***ing delusional.

Having said that you'll probably win.

It's fucking Iceland ffs :lol: It's not like i'm expecting a lot, for example i expect to be smashed in the next round should we get through. I'm not being delusional at all and i don't expect to just show up and win ffs, overreacting as per usual.

The way you are acting you'd think i expect to win the tournament, instead of expecting to beat fucking Iceland. As if you don't watch the US national team and expect to win some games, if i said this before playing France for example you have the right to call me delusional and arrogant but as of now you can GTFOH. :lol:

Iceland aren't your typical minnows like, we should win it but we cannot take the p*ss with the team selection.

Who said we can? All i was saying that we SHOULD win whether we pick Sturridge and Vardy or Kane and Sterling where as if we played France for example i'd say we have to pick Sturridge and Vardy. Not like i'm saying we should win even if we make 11 changes.

Iceland knocked out Holland on the way there and have done great against "better" opposition for years now. It's idiotic to write them off just because they're a small nation. They get results, especially against "better" opposition. They mostly struggle against similar stature nations.

England is also not a very good team at all. Mike is spot on in his analysis.

England won all ten qualifying games; scoring 31, conceding 3.

They are unbeaten at the finals, having 64 shots in the three games (18 against), with most of the possession in all games (70% in victory over quarter finalists, Wales). Bit harsh to say they're not very good.

England is also not a very good team at all. Mike is spot on in his analysis.

England won all ten qualifying games; scoring 31, conceding 3.

They are unbeaten at the finals, having 64 shots in the three games (18 against), with most of the possession in all games (70% in victory over quarter finalists, Wales). Bit harsh to say they're not very good.

11 of 31 against San Marino. Numbers mean nothing when not taking context into consideration.

"Doubt it would matter much because it's Iceland"

They're a good side man, if Kane and Sterling play like they did the first 2 games they'll be laughing.

If you can't be confident with beating Iceland you might as well have not qualified to begin with because we'll have no chance of dealing with the rest and what's the point in qualifying if you are just going to make up the numbers?

Just a waste of time, i'm trying not to sound like a prick here but this Newcastle mentality of everyone is class being applied to international football is really making it difficult. :lol:

As if you don't watch the US national team and expect to win some games

:lol: I absolutely do not. We are so bad.

Considering your results over the last 5 years i refuse to believe that and even if it were true it just means there are many more teams who are much worse.

Some envy showing itself in this thread. We're not a great side yet, but we're definitely a good one and we should bulldoze shit like Iceland. We should beat France too.

http://www.blather.net/theshitegeist/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/oldblather/careful_now.jpg

It would be an absolute embarrassment if Iceland turned us over tbf. Should be crushing them and, along with Wales, represent the might of the home nations in the Quarter Finals. Irish and American tears will be lapped up mercilessly as Raheem nets the third.

I don't think England will lose or so, but Iceland is a decent and organized team. Having beaten Turkey 3-0, Netherlands twice and the Czech at home in the qualifiers and then taking 5points against Portugal, Austria and Hungary I doubt England will destroy them. Expect a solid 1-0 win with a goal in the 90th or so.

I don't think England will lose or so, but Iceland is a decent and organized team. Having beaten Turkey 3-0, Netherlands twice and the Czech at home in the qualifiers and then taking 5points against Portugal, Austria and Hungary I doubt England will destroy them. Expect a solid 1-0 win with a goal in the 90th or so.

:thup:

I think we'll win, but I don't know why Iceland are being talked down like we should be steamrolling them, they're a decent side.