England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Imagine the FA building that thing then selling it as soon as it's starting to pay for itself :lol:

Guess this would mean the London Jaguars are a step closer to being an NFL team

FaroffUnnaturalAvocet-max-1mb.gif

So having read a few more tweets it seems the "relocation" of Jacksonville Jaguars could be the reason

Why the fuck would you relocate a US team to London?  They gonna fly across the Atlantic (and likewise other teams obviously) every few days?  Then there's the fans? There will be no team in Jacksonville all of a sudden?

Who goes to the "home" games? 80,000 Londoners who are all of a sudden fans of Jacksonville Jaguars?

eh.. anyone got the answers here cause I'm lost. Doesnt make any sense :lol:

So having read a few more tweets it seems the "relocation" of Jacksonville Jaguars could be the reason

Why the fuck would you relocate a US team to London?  They gonna fly across the Atlantic (and likewise other teams obviously) every few days?  Then there's the fans? There will be no team in Jacksonville all of a sudden?

Who goes to the "home" games? 80,000 Londoners who are all of a sudden fans of Jacksonville Jaguars?

eh.. anyone got the answers here cause I'm lost. Doesnt make any sense [emoji38]

[emoji38] There hasn't been a team in Jacksonville for ages.

The one thing I know about the NFL, is that the owners don't give a single fuck about the fans, most teams change location every 10/20 years or so. The owners even get given the trophy. It'd be like us winning the FA Cup and instead of Lascelles going up for collect the it, Ashley goes up and get the cup. :lol:

sports teams in america do have a habit of moving around though having the kind of distance as this seems a bit ludicrous

Yeah, I think the idea of a London NFL team is ridiculous, even though I've been to the games twice and I'm going again this season :lol:

I imagine the travelling isn't much different from travelling around America. Crazy for the local fans obviously, but teams already get moved from city to city as it is.

Guest neesy111

American franchises move especially in the NFL, the LA rams were previously the St Loius Rams.  Owned by the majority shareholder in arsenal funnily enough.

It was enivetable someone would make a move to have an NFL team in London.

I'd be shocked if they even seriously considered this, the FA would lose their status symbol.

I also think a British NFL team would be an expensive failure, one off games is one thing, competing with the premier league on a weekly basis is another. Plus the team would probably be shit. It would be a good opportunity for Americans to start saying Jaguar properly though.

Guest neesy111

There's a canadian Rugby League team that play in the UK.

Also some south african team(s) that are about to move to the Pro 14 rugby union compeition.

They play 3 games per year and it's worked so far. A London franchise would move it to 8 games per year. It's not like the football where they'd play 18 games over 3/4 of the year. Perfectly attainable iyam.

They would likely just be based on the East coast of the US and just travel over for games.

Also, I don't think the notion of selling Wembley is a bad one. Under the assumption that England get to continue to use it, what's the issue? They get a shit ton of money that they otherwise wouldn't have. They built it because they (believe they) needed a fancy national stadium. That still applies. The ownership is irrelevant.

The one thing I know about the NFL, is that the owners don't give a single fuck about the fans, most teams change location every 10/20 years or so. The owners even get given the trophy. It'd be like us winning the FA Cup and instead of Lascelles going up for collect the it, Ashley goes up and get the cup. :lol:

Well that’s patently false :lol:

Well that’s patently false :lol:

I imagine we're going to get lots of interestingly erroneous statements during this discussion...

Guest neesy111

They play 3 games per year and it's worked so far. A London franchise would move it to 8 games per year. Perfectly attainable iyam.

They would likely just be based on the East coast of the US and just travel over for games.

Also, I don't think the notion of selling Wembley is a bad one. Under the assumption that England get to continue to use it, what's the issue? They get a shit ton of money that they otherwise wouldn't have. They built it because they (believe they) needed a fancy national stadium. That still applies. The ownership is irrelevant.

Be 10 games since the NFL have put money into Spurs' new stadium and they have a contract for 10 years.

I agree though, they'll easily sell out.