England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Guest awaymag

What is this crap with Momentum!  Let say we had beat Belgium tonight and then on Monday, Japan, score 2 early goals.  You wont hear the commentators go on about momentum then.

Focus now on Columbia, score early and then see Momentum for the rest of the game.  Next Game, it starts from scratch again.

How is it arrogant to want an easier draw?  Don't get that at all. It's literally no different at all to wanting an easier draw in any cup competition.

Probably because Japan are the far easier draw for the next round but everyone’s talking about a favourable QF draw like we’ll stroll past Colombia.

Why is this being twisted like this?

We know the teams we'll play and coming 2nd is far, far easier. Nobody is saying we'll beat Columbia, it's just we have a far better chance of beating them than Brazil.

It wasn’t between Brazil or Colombia though :lol: It was between Colombia or Japan. Brazil still have to get through a Mexico side that looked really good in their first two games anyway.

Aye I kna. It's playing the odds though and this is by far the easiest route to the semi-final.

TBH I'd have cared more if Belgium hadn't already stated they didn't give a fuck about the game, it was a pretty meaningless fixture after that. If they'd tried then I would have wanted us to as well.

Absolutely hate the concept of losing being the better option in a world cup game like. You're going to need to play the best teams at some point anyway, getting into a losing mentality and trying to avoid tough games doesn't seem right at all.

Might be why the stats say most of the winners finish top of their groups.  But according to some on here that might not be true.

Has anyone said that most winners don't finish top of the group? [emoji38]

I mean, we didn’t try to lose, we just didn’t care enough about winning to play the first team. The performance is pretty much what you’d expect when you change the whole team. Both teams were shite, one player scored a great goal.

Question is how much this effects the actual England team.

Did Spain finish top when they won it? I know they lost their first game, but it wasn’t on purpose [emoji38]

Yes. They drew their first game though.

Lost it to Gelson Fernandes didn't they?

Guest neesy111

Did Spain finish top when they won it? I know they lost their first game, but it wasn’t on purpose [emoji38]

Yeap, ottmar hitzfeld was manager as well.

Guest Howaythetoon

Now that the dust has settled and we know who we are playing next, it’s up to Southgate to send out the right team and to get them playing the way he wants us to play so that we can beat Columbus. Let’s hope those rested return chomping at the bit and keep the dream of not facing Brazil in the quarters alive!

8sHe2lB.png

Yeah, that's what neesy meant though I think, are Croatia on our side of the draw or can we not meet them until the final.

We'd meet them (or Spain) in the semis. The other side we would likely meet France or Portugal. Although Argentina could shithouse their way there too.

Guest Howaythetoon

Yeap, ottmar hitzfeld was manager as well.

I laughed at Spain that day ha ha!

8sHe2lB.png

Yeah, that's what neesy meant though I think, are Croatia on our side of the draw or can we not meet them until the final.

We'd meet them (or Spain) in the semis. The other side we would likely meet France or Portugal. Although Argentina could shithouse their way there too.

I know, man!

8sHe2lB.png

I know, man!

:lol: I don;t even know what's going on anymore.

Turns out I can’t read, thought he meant v Portugal.

8sHe2lB.png

I know, man!

[emoji38] I don;t even know what's going on anymore.

[emoji38] neesy asked if Croatia were on our side of the draw and Dave said nar. Dave and neesy have just fucking disappeared like, obviously.

8sHe2lB.png

I know, man!

[emoji38] I don;t even know what's going on anymore.

[emoji38] neesy asked if Croatia were on our side of the draw and Dave said nar. Dave and neesy have just fucking disappeared like, obviously.

:lol: I was thinking "is this fucker thick, can he not read a fixture map?" like

Mad how it ends up with one heavy side of the draw and one not these days.

Lessen the venues after the groups and make it an open draw post R16 I propose.

Have all QFs and SFs in two venues.