England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Guest neesy111

If England end up losing to Colombia, this whole 1st/2nd debate was a waste of time because the team clearly wasn't close to good enough.

Says the guy who was proposing the whole situation after we beat Tunisia.  Talk about pot calling kettle.

I wouldn't say I'm confident about the Colombia game. I've been watching England too long for that, but Colombia looked really poor today. Senegal should have beaten them, they just lacked a bit of quality and composure in the box. Colombia couldn't handle Senegal's pressing in midfield or their physicality. England should really beat them. Obviously, whether James is fit or not will make a big difference to Colombia's chances too - he wen't off early in the Senegal match and he never really looked fully fit from the start.

The only thing I'm annoyed about us losing this game, is that were on ITV again.

:lol: Only time I ever watch it is for football. Entire channel built on programmes for thick c***s.

BBC's coverage for this tournament is absolutely s****.

I actually completely and utterly disagree with this, the BBC have a decent amount of pundits, Shearer, Lineker, Lampard, Rio are all decent pundits.

If England end up losing to Colombia, this whole 1st/2nd debate was a waste of time because the team clearly wasn't close to good enough.

Says the guy who was proposing the whole situation after we beat Tunisia.  Talk about pot calling kettle.

Yeah I know, how is that a contradiction?

I think 2nd is smarter but also don't realistically think England will win the World Cup. So ultimately it's all a bit pointless.

Guest neesy111

The only thing I'm annoyed about us losing this game, is that were on ITV again.

:lol: Only time I ever watch it is for football. Entire channel built on programmes for thick c***s.

I actually completely and utterly disagree with this, the BBC have a decent amount of pundits, Shearer, Lineker, Lampard, Rio are all decent pundits.

They employ lawro.  Case closed.

Lawro's eternal whinging and shit jokes > Roy Keane, as per, being an insufferable prick.

True, but he's kind of that racist uncle that you detest but love at the same time, if that makes sense. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

It says a lot when Ian Wright (as much as I like him) is the stand out pundit on there. Quite like Bilic mind and how he’s always trying to either but in or just get some words in lookimg left and right like a pigeon waiting for the other pundit to shit the fuck up or finish with his hands outstretched like stretch Armstrong. Touching Roy as well :lol:

BBC piss all over ITV when it comes to anything sport related, not that they are perfect of course, but ITV man :lol: Its like when Chanel 5 was first launched and tried to do the news. Today in the world, this happened. Turns to studio guest, thoughts? It’s news of course and news that is news to me. Right, to other news. Turns to same studio guest, thoughts? News news news new to me!

Fucking hell lads :lol:, so much ado about nothing. You play to maximize your chances. Southgate probably doesn’t care all that much which side of the draw he ends up on, he’d just been handed a great opportunity to rest his best players and give the fringe players a game and a chance to prove themselves. That’s what gives us the best opportunity to progress. The risk outweighs the reward. All he can do is put his team in the best position to succeed, and yes, that could also mean avoiding the better teams - not being afraid of them, just maximizing your chances.

Anyway, it was interesting if uninspiring. I thought Rashford tired late on, but was generally good with one almighty fuck-up. Rose was generally good with one almighty fuck-up. Alexander-Armold’s delivery got progressively worse as the game went on, but he found some good space out right in the second half (when they shifted over because they were concerned about Rose?). Dier was poor, Delph wasn’t much better, and Pickford didn’t exactly cover himself with glory. RLC did OK. They looked like the B team, basically.

I’m completely stumped as to how Delph is playing for England and Man City in 2018, Shelvey any day.

I’m happy with our position to be honest I’d rather go out in the last 16 than the quarters before my hopes get to high.

Was embarrassing watching the England mongs in the pub making out like we were going out of the World Cup.

I’m completely stumped as to how Delph is playing for England and Man City in 2018, Shelvey any day.

I’m happy with our position to be honest I’d rather go out in the last 16 than the quarters before my hopes get to high.

Was embarrassing watching the England mongs in the pub making out like we were going out of the World Cup.

Only one mong here, because it is coming home.

Fucking hell lads :lol:, so much ado about nothing. You play to maximize your chances. Southgate probably doesn’t care all that much which side of the draw he ends up on, he’d just been handed a great opportunity to rest his best players and give the fringe players a game and a chance to prove themselves. That’s what gives us the best opportunity to progress. The risk outweighs the reward. All he can do is put his team in the best position to succeed, and yes, that could also mean avoiding the better teams - not being afraid of them, just maximizing your chances.

Anyway, it was interesting if uninspiring. I thought Rashford tired late on, but was generally good with one almighty fuck-up. Rose was generally good with one almighty fuck-up. Alexander-Armold’s delivery got progressively worse as the game went on, but he found some good space out right in the second half (when they shifted over because they were concerned about Rose?). Dier was poor, Delph wasn’t much better, and Pickford didn’t exactly cover himself with glory. RLC did OK. They looked like the B team, basically.

Dier just didn't look happy out there. It was his chance to state a case, but he just didn't try to make anything happen.

That game is an experience I never hope to repeat. In fact I'm glad this group is over.

Tunisia - Great game. Tight, competitive. Enjoyed it

Panama - Sunday afternoon training exercise, result was a foregone conclusion.

Belgium - Sat in a pub watching England in a World Cup and didn't want us to win. Never want to do that again.

Looking forward to the next game now so I can focus on just wanting us to win again with out any other considerations.

EDIT : Just noticed it's on ITV again, bollocks. We always lose on ITV  :hmm:

Guest Howaythetoon

Lawro is class man, like a demented old drunk who hates the world being wheeled out to commentate on a game he no longer likes when he’d rather be elsewhere and he doesn’t hide it, he actually revels in it :lol:

I can’t stand Glen Hoddle co commentating despite finding his analysis in studio pre, half-time and post match often spot on. Different to having to analyse in real time and on the spot.

The lasses have been a breath of fresh air as pundits and Drogba although does t say anything insightful is a different face. I like Bilic, Keane is false as fuck and uncomfortable when not able to talk about softies.

Phil Neville though, his fuckimg voice and style man, just mute the cunt.

Disappointed not to win and continue the form we had but the outcome is the better option of the two. It was a strange match, I didn't want us to lose but I didn't want us to finish top either. It was a nothing game and we treated it as such, the "B" team didn't exactly cover themselves in glory, Dier, Delph, Vardy and Pickford were all poor, Trent-Arnold and Loftus-Cheek both faded out of the game and we weren't the same at the back once Stones went off.

Our best team should be enough to see off Columbia and hopefully take us to the Semis. Croatia will destroy us if we make it that far but I'd be more than happy with getting that far.

A World Cup match should never feel like a non-entity, especially a World Cup that has been this entertaining. That was utter shite last night and part of me would laugh if England are put out by Colombia. It would make the approach to last nights game look even more pathetic.

I love how people think if we beat Colombia we're in the semis as well, the arrogance is astonishing, England haven't even played a decent half of football against even an average team yet  :lol:

A World Cup match should never feel like a non-entity, especially a World Cup that has been this entertaining. That was utter s**** last night and part of me would laugh if England are put out by Colombia. It would make the approach to last nights game look even more pathetic.

I love how people think if we beat Colombia we're in the semis as well, the arrogance is astonishing, England haven't even played a decent half of football against even an average team yet  :lol:

I don't think anyone thinks it's a given, just that on paper this is the far easier route. Belgium were also going for the same tactic and had Rashford scored we'd be in that too half of the draw.