England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

We had Gerrard, Scholes, Carrick and Lampard all around a similar time but we're crying out for someone like that now

Well all four of them are very different types of player [emoji38]. I’d say Alli is like Lampard tbh. We def need a Scholes and/or a Carrick though.

Alli and Lampard I agree with, I was hesitant to put Lampard in with the other 3 but put him in because we forced him to play as a centre mid in a 4-4-2 for England.

I think the other 3 could do the Henderson role at the moment, although not sure Gerrard would have the discipline for it

• 2 weeks later...

We had Gerrard, Scholes, Carrick and Lampard all around a similar time but we're crying out for someone like that now

Well all four of them are very different types of player :lol:. I’d say Alli is like Lampard tbh. We def need a Scholes and/or a Carrick though.

Lampard was a much better passer of the ball. Lampard played a lot of his football at CM in a 4-4-2, I don't think Alli could play that role ever. Alli is more of a Muller type midfielder/forward.

So many unlikable players in this Spain team mind. Can't stand Thiago, Isco, Carvahal, Ramos. All so irritating when you're supporting whoever's against them.

Ramos aye but it just seems like you despise Real Madrid.. Carvajal seems like such a nice lad too. In comparison to who Spain usually play at FB anyway.

aye, wtf is wrong with Isco?

So many unlikable players in this Spain team mind. Can't stand Thiago, Isco, Carvahal, Ramos. All so irritating when you're supporting whoever's against them.

Ramos aye but it just seems like you despise Real Madrid.. Carvajal seems like such a nice lad too. In comparison to who Spain usually play at FB anyway.

Carvajal is horrible man, he's in a similar mould to Busquets.

Behave. He's nowhere as bad as Alba let alone Busquets.

Costa-- Alba ------ Busquets - Ramos

That's the Spanish national team cunt top 4.

Guest firetotheworks

He's irritatingly good, which is annoying when you're supporting the other team.

He's irritatingly good, which is annoying when you're supporting the other team.

ah, fair enough :lol:

Behave. He's nowhere as bad as Alba let alone Busquets.

Costa-- Alba ------ Busquets - Ramos

That's the Spanish national team cunt top 4.

Ramos right behind Alba imo

Don't buy into the whole WC 2018 hype that surrounds Southgate/England.  Ultimately, we lost three games and scraped past some very average teams.

However, he seems like a decent bloke and we DID reach the semis with an extremely limited group of players.  The alternative to Southgate is some utter twat like Allerdyce or Pulis, so on balance I'm pretty happy to see him stay.

He's massively tactically limited which will always get exposed but he's at least trying to do things the right way bringing through young players and attempting to play half decent football.

Rancho, Mount, Chalobsh and Madison called up

Chalobah is a weird one; hardly played for Watford but I know he has a James Milner esque amount of 21s caps. Seems harsh on Lewis Cewk.

Rancho could be a saucy addition too if he's not too relaxo.

Guest firetotheworks

Glad to hear it. I'm sure it'll make a hell of a difference to the likes of Loftus-Cheek and Foden seeing players getting out there and playing and then being rewarded with call ups.

Pleased with the call ups except one thing. I'd like to see Sturridge back. I think last time, there was a discussion of who plays up front if Kane is injured, well Sturridge fits the bill. He's great at hold up play as he's so technical especially back to goal. Southgate said he's going for youth but Sturridge will be only be 31 by 2020.

I know there are question marks over his fitness, but I believe he's the type of player you choose if fit because he's so explosive.