England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

just me or has Sterling been frankly mediocre for a while? By previous standards he's set anyway.

He's showing the same issues he did a few years ago of being indecisive and wasteful in great positions (which admittedly he puts himself into).

1 minute ago, Neil said:

just me or has Sterling been frankly mediocre for a while? By previous standards he's set anyway.

He's showing the same issues he did a few years ago of being indecisive and wasteful in great positions (which admittedly he puts himself into).

Poland are really struggling with him today, but his decision making has been poor.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

No you're spot on. Would seriously consider playing Sancho on the right and Foden on the left of Kane ahead of him. 

Mount is turning into a really good player now IMO. Got some vision that lad. 

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Yeah. Think I'm starting to understand Rice now as well. If anyone looks expendable/unnecessary here it's Phillips.

Yeah I'll happily say I was wrong about Mount, I can see what the fuss is about. Looks a very well rounded, mature playmaker which is a big compliment given how young he is. Gets stuck in too which isn't a bad thing.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Think I'm starting to understand Rice now as well. If anyone looks expendable/unnecessary here it's Phillips.

Rice is playing well tonight so far, but haven't seen him enough for West Ham to fully agree. Must be doing something right mind considering the season they are having. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Poland have been so passive, it's been far too easy for England.

Like Dixon said they’ve got no out ball and can’t press well because they’re all one paced as fuck. Expected better for reasons I’m not sure on..

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah. Think I'm starting to understand Rice now as well. If anyone looks expendable/unnecessary here it's Phillips.

I’d like to see Ward Prowse, although Phillips looks a safe bet as a continuity type player. 

13 minutes ago, Nobody said:

No you're spot on. Would seriously consider playing Sancho on the right and Foden on the left of Kane ahead of him. 

I think Grealish should play left when available. 

England have made em look pish. Totally in control. Will be a bit disappointed if we can't force at least another goal. 

Aside from winning the pen Sterling's been a bit frustrating. Agree totally with what was being said above - he seemed to be eternally frustrating until it clicked in an England shirt, and he was a constant threat. That Kosovo game it was like having a cheat activated. Seems to have reverted to type a bit, though, and I'm kinda dubious about him being a certainty on the team sheet, especially when you consider the talent waiting in the wings. 

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think Grealish should play left when available. 

I strongly disagree, but then I'm really not a fan of Grealish. Would have both Foden and Sterling ahead of him on the left, possibly Rashford as well. 

Would quite like to see Kane drop deep a bit more for England like he does for Spurs. Would open up space for the wide forwards and the full backs. 

Speaking of full backs, Walker is pretty far down the list for me for the right back slot. Would really like to see Trent find his form again. 

Sure I read Sterling has started every competitive game under Southgate or something to that degree. He starts 100%, rightly so IMO. He was captain against San Marino n all just to underline that further.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Sure I read Sterling has started every competitive game under Southgate or something to that degree. He starts 100%, rightly so IMO. He was captain against San Marino n all just to underline that further.

He's our best player imo. He can hurt any side and his pace is so valuable.