England

Yorkie

22 minutes ago, Ben said:

The Hungary FA will be crippled with a £350 fine after the disgraceful scene's tonight.

Looked like the Carpathian Brigade behind that goal. They should be kicked out of qualification completely, they know who they are and they give them prime seating every home game. 

https://www.marca.com/en/football/national-teams/2016/06/18/5765b9c746163fbd458b460a.html

yep that's them - black t-shirt crew 

Edited by GeordieDazzler

If the racism is a tactic to put England players off and make them not concentrate on their own performance and the game taking place  its a Terrible one, the players just get angry and give it another 20%.

With respect to the people that don't rate England under Southgate, this team have performed fantastic and have a fantastic attitude.

I'm annoyed this morning, like. My blue England shirt finally arrived from China yesterday and I was all excited to do my Stifler/Colback 14 reveal on here... but the fuckers forgot to print Southgate 6 on the back. Gutted. :lol: Forum bants aside, I genuinely wanted the print so it is a bit disappointing. 

Thought England were very good last night, could have been 6/7 easily, that midfield isn’t right though and if we can find a fix to that we would be so so good. Grealish was great I thought, Walker had a very string game, Kane needs to play further forward at all times and Sterling is fuckimg lush. Rice was very good too. I don’t see what the fuss is all about with Mount, neat and tidy player, but not creative enough or forceful enough. To beat Hungary so easily though says everything. And I still love Southgate!

13 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Thought England were very good last night, could have been 6/7 easily, that midfield isn’t right though and if we can find a fix to that we would be so so good. Grealish was great I thought, Walker had a very string game, Kane needs to play further forward at all times and Sterling is fuckimg lush. Rice was very good too. I don’t see what the fuss is all about with Mount, neat and tidy player, but not creative enough or forceful enough. To beat Hungary so easily though says everything. And I still love Southgate!

Yeah I agree, I think the Kane/Mount experiment isn't working. Not sure who they replace Mount with as I don't think Foden really suits that role either.

I'm still amazed to see how good Shaw is at the moment. Very key player for us.

24 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Yeah I agree, I think the Kane/Mount experiment isn't working. Not sure who they replace Mount with as I don't think Foden really suits that role either.

I'm still amazed to see how good Shaw is at the moment. Very key player for us.

Aye I really rate Shaw now, he’s similar to Walker who gets flack, but he’s a tank, quick, covers well, and gets forward well. The difference with Walker is when he’s down that flank, he rarely swings it in, Shaw does and he’s very good at it. I thought Maguire was strong too and although Stones never fills me with confidence with balls over the top, he’s good on the ball. Rice showed for me why he’s in there, Phillips is industrious, but zero creativity really, but given how hard the rest work pressing and getting back do we need to DCM’s in there? Grealish has to always start for me and I’d find a place for Greenwood in the near future. 

Edited by HTT II

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think Mount looks a bit lost, and Kane is always dropping into his space. 

TBH I wouldn't be against just playing Kane behind another striker, we have a few.

DCL?

UEFA/FIFA should disqualify anyone whose fans are being racist and award every side who would have played them 3 points. And disqualify them for any following tournament until they get their house in order. Petty fines, behind closed door matches etc. wont cut it. Unfair on coaches, players and fans who are well behaved yes, but zero tolerance is needed.  By the way, I’d also want that if it was England too. Enough is enough, it’s the 2021 FFS.

Edited by HTT II

Sadly we all know fuck all will be done and we will be talking about this at every international qualifying stage and tournaments. 

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

UEFA/FIFA should disqualify anyone whose fans are being racist and award every side who would have played them 3 points. And disqualify them for any following tournament until they get their house in order. Petty fines, behind closed door matches etc. wont cut it. Unfair on coaches, players and fans who are well behaved yes, but zero tolerance is needed.  By the way, I’d also want that if it was England too. Enough is enough, it’s the 2021 FFS.

Uefa had actually banned Hungarian fans from the ground but as this is a FIFA game they were allowed in. Football is morally bankrupt but it's still pretty jarring.

Not enough being made of the fact that this an organised hate group who are supported and legitimised by Orban. Its not 'unsavoury elements'.

22 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Uefa had actually banned Hungarian fans from the ground but as this is a FIFA game they were allowed in. Football is morally bankrupt but it's still pretty jarring.

Not enough being made of the fact that this an organised hate group who are supported and legitimised by Orban. Its not 'unsavoury elements'.

I never knew that, seriously there should be some universal sanction across the governing bodies. It makes a mockery of it all really.

Edited by HTT II

Back to England though, I love the unity, togetherness, maturity and responsibility of this group which stems from Southgate IMO, he’s the best England manager in my time following them and this is the best team/group and long may it continue. 

5 hours ago, HTT II said:

Didn't watch last night but Mount was virtually invisible at the Euros. Don't get the fuss at all.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Back to England though, I love the unity, togetherness, maturity and responsibility of this group which stems from Southgate IMO, he’s the best England manager in my time following them and this is the best team/group and long may it continue. 

Maybe Mount is a vital part of that unity. He seems to have a healthy, competitive relationship with Rice.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Didn't watch last night but Mount was virtually invisible at the Euros. Don't get the fuss at all.

Aye, totally agree, neat and tidy, doesn’t lose the ball, has energy and tracks back, but as an attacking threat he offers next to nowt. He probably did more running/action than Grealish last night but the difference attacking wise is huge between the two. He’s a very safe, basic, generic, tidy player for me. Which we have so many of. Lingard made more potent runs in his cameo for example, and Rice as a DCM looked far more dangerous. Says it all IMO.