England

Yorkie

On 07/09/2023 at 21:16, RobsonsWonderland said:

Which team does Johnstone play for...

Oh its Crystal Palace.

I mentioned it before but he does like to pick from his old team.

Tbf Pope not being selected is pretty reasonable.  I wouldn’t have either based on form.

Some of the other selections are bat shit, mind. 

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

Palace have just signed Dean Henderson for 20 million who will be starting over Johnstone shortly.

Like fuck are either of them better keepers than Pope

Not that it matters as they'd all be 3rd choice anyway

Really don’t care if any of our players are picked. Think I’ve said it before but a week training with our coaches will be night and day from what Southgate is spewing up.

9 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Really don’t care if any of our players are picked. Think I’ve said it before but a week training with our coaches will be night and day from what Southgate is spewing up.

Aye same here. International football is shit all round to me. Despise these international breaks

5 hours ago, andycap said:

Southgate is a tosspot like 😂 why start a past it no future with England player. Makes no sense to me like should of been booted after the World Cup. 

He was not good enough to start for Liverpool but good enough for England. Southgate wants some Saudi oil money.

I support England but it holds nothing like the same feeling as it does with Newcastle it has to be said. This game tonight is just one of those ones where I'd check my phone to see the score and that's about it unless I have nowt else on. Wor lasses mate has booked us to have a meal at kick off time and I was just like "Ah wey" but if it had have been the Toon there'd be a no show or a rescheduling like for sure :lol:

20 minutes ago, Heron said:

I support England but it holds nothing like the same feeling as it does with Newcastle it has to be said. This game tonight is just one of those ones where I'd check my phone to see the score and that's about it unless I have nowt else on. Wor lasses mate has booked us to have a meal at kick off time and I was just like "Ah wey" but if it had have been the Toon there'd be a no show or a rescheduling like for sure :lol:

Exactly how I feel. I get up for the big games and tournaments, but owt like this, nah. It's a foregone conclusion at this stage that England will qualify for every major tournament securing 90% of the maximum available points. Kinda like I imagine how it feels being a Man City fan when you've got a bottom half side at home.

Like, I honestly long term have had no issues with gazza picking his preferred players because his results have been good as England manager with said shit players. 

But, what’s the goal here? We’re practically qualified already given how piss easy qualification is. Are we planning on riding a 34 year old Jordan Henderson to a Euro 2024 victory? After a year playing in Saudi? 

Harry Maguire will be on his 4th year of valiantly fighting for a place in Man Utd’s starting XI. 

I don’t completely begrudge their place in the squad (for now), but they should be glorified mascots sitting on the bench until they’re eventually frozen out. 

I just don’t understand the plan going forward at all. I presumed they were trying to do a sort of 4-2-3-1, and it sort of is. Rice is holding on the left, Henderson sort of holding on the right. , Maddison is leftish but floating. Bellingham is kinda everywhere but advanced, Kane is doing what he wants again. The one showing the most positional discipline is Saka.

It would make more sense to me to have Maddison free behind Kane, make sure Kane is playing as a proper CF and have a more overt left-sided player mirroring Saka on the right.