England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

He's a charlatan like 😂. Cannot stand the lucky fucker. At times yesterday I honestly thought he's sabotaging us from having a chance of going through making no subs then the wrong ones when he did. 

Afterwards coming out with everytime he's made a sub in the tournament they've made an impact. 😂 

17 minutes ago, andycap said:

He's a charlatan like 😂. Cannot stand the lucky fucker. At times yesterday I honestly thought he's sabotaging us from having a chance of going through making no subs then the wrong ones when he did. 

Afterwards coming out with everytime he's made a sub in the tournament they've made an impact. 😂 

He made the right subs yesterday 

but too late 

On 16/06/2024 at 19:09, junkhead said:

Absolutely, as a fellow dodgy Balkan resident, there are very clear differences in the profile of the fans and their behaviour - 95% of English fans are decent, civilised people who try to live a good life but are maybe prone to the occasional drunk embarrassment.

While in eastern europe the organised fans, the so called ultras, are 90% criminals, ex or future convicts, primitive people who live very primitive lives. The high % is not an exaggeration. As a rule, big clubs in the Balkans are owned by oligarchs connected to the russian mafia and most of them follow the same model - the ultras become like a private praetorian guard for the owner - which makes for a very militant make up, usually dominated by some sort of an organised-crime group.. At what was my home club - Levski, most ultras are part of a well known drug 'cartel'.

In Serbia, I imagine it's even worse - a lot of men, still in active age who have actual very bloody war experiences. There's a large Serbian volunteer battalion fighting in Ukraine for fucking russia since the start of the full-scale invasion. Granted, I doubt there are any of them in Germany now..

Of course, fucking Russia won the subhuman prize, sending Spetsnaz and Wagner killers to Euro 2016..

You’re obviously more clued up in this than mine but as the owner / director of a Serbian company I’ve been to Belgrade (and spent a lot of time in  the surrounding region as well as other interesting places like Belarus) and there’s actually less edge in a night out than in any uk city I’ve been in. However the “bad lads” are more organised and this may help prevent some of the lower level anti social behaviour and drunken / drug fuelled violence we see here. The police also take no shit. Having been in a central Belgrade police station to get my white card and having seen first hand thec”interrogation rooms” it’s no B&B at market street . 

didnt make too many subs he didnt want to lose the shape of the team

what fucking shape.

this bloke had no qualifications that made him a candidate for being the highest paid international manager.

he's fucking stubborn and clueless.

the self pity has got him to levels where the media have started it taking it easier on him.

pressconference questions are shit.

Southgate has had (probably) two changes thrust upon him for the Switzerland game. Guehi out and Tripps probably out. I would've put money on the team being the exact same again otherwise. 

Which is truly ridiculous IMO, Foden has had more than enough time to prove he can do it, he needs to be taken out, same goes for Saka really. Walker should be dropped but unfortunately that would mean changing 3/4 backline so thats not happening. Plus Kane needs a rest but that ain't happening either.

A back 3 would be the best option. But then it's a question of who to play as LWB and it means there's no room for Gordon. 

Pickford

Walker - Stones - Konsa

Trent - Mainoo - Rice - Gomez

Palmer - Bellingham 

Kane

I'd be truly shocked if Southgate does change but I fear something needs to else we will get turned out pretty comfortably.

7 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Southgate has had (probably) two changes thrust upon him for the Switzerland game. Guehi out and Tripps probably out. I would've put money on the team being the exact same again otherwise. 

Which is truly ridiculous IMO, Foden has had more than enough time to prove he can do it, he needs to be taken out, same goes for Saka really. Walker should be dropped but unfortunately that would mean changing 3/4 backline so thats not happening. Plus Kane needs a rest but that ain't happening either.

A back 3 would be the best option. But then it's a question of who to play as LWB and it means there's no room for Gordon. 

Pickford

Walker - Stones - Konsa

Trent - Mainoo - Rice - Gomez

Palmer - Bellingham 

Kane

I'd be truly shocked if Southgate does change but I fear something needs to else we will get turned out pretty comfortably.

Trent should be nowhere near the first eleven.

12 minutes ago, Rod said:

Trent should be nowhere near the first eleven.

I've been really up and down about Trent this summer but watching Walker pass backwards and sideward to Stones 99% of the time these last two games has broken me. Keep Walker at the back and let Trent progress the ball down that right side. 

Walker has stifled Saka just as much as Trippier has done for Foden IMO. 

We either need real pace on the wings or two forwards up top.

Switzerland are terrific in terms of organisation and play 3 CBs. Kane alone up top with Foden coming inside isn't going to cut it.

For me it's the perfect game for Gordon (to run at Schar) and Palmer to play RW to get in between the lines. If Foden has to play, I'd bring him in as a No.10 and drop back Bellingham to an 8.

Then, after an hour or so you have the flexibility to bring off Foden, push Bellingham up, and bring Mainoo on. If we need a goal we could bring Saka on at LB again to give us even more pace on the left and more width. That really stretched the game for us and is a good tactic only when we're dominant in possession...

11 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

You’re obviously more clued up in this than mine but as the owner / director of a Serbian company I’ve been to Belgrade (and spent a lot of time in  the surrounding region as well as other interesting places like Belarus) and there’s actually less edge in a night out than in any uk city I’ve been in. However the “bad lads” are more organised and this may help prevent some of the lower level anti social behaviour and drunken / drug fuelled violence we see here. The police also take no shit. Having been in a central Belgrade police station to get my white card and having seen first hand thec”interrogation rooms” it’s no B&B at market street . 

My friend, if you are westerner running a business in our post-totalitarian bureaucracy.. it's you that is THE FEROCIOUS FIGHTER!

Although it's derailing the thread, I'd love to read more of your overall impressions.. Belarus ffs, it's not safe for you to go there anymore right?

Re-reading what I wrote, I was perhaps a bit harsh on our Serbian neighbours - as everywhere (apart from fucking russia - the root of all evil) the majority would be good, friendly people. But the scars of war remain (war is a soft word for the mass genocide that were the Yugoslav wars) and together with the eternal criminal russian influence, they form this invisible ugly underbelly, that in my experience, is totally oblivious to most foreigners who visit. On the surface things might look okay-ish but our societies are terminally sick and there's no chance of a cure, until fucking russia disintegrates in 1000s pieces. 

Just a quick note on England - as always I'm following the BBC/ITV coverage and I'M DYING!! The awkward long-winded patriotic reports pre-game - Kobe Mainoo pictured in slo-mo training in the rain, as if he's some kind of a martyr, discussing if Jude is "one of the best to ever step foot on a pitch".. then comes the usual shock and disbelief at half time.. and the full-on meltdown and vitriol at full-time.. top quality entertainment! 

Otherwise, Bellingham seems like a colossal twat.. I can picture him bullying the young lads at Castilla, taking their lunch money and stuff..

Edited by junkhead