England

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Southgate is such a coward. 

Must be so demotivating for Gordon, Palmer etc so see him try Saka as a wingback. Just drop Saka on form grounds and drop Foden on tactical ones and the whole thing is sorted 

the italy game did it for me.

never seen a more cowardly performance from a coach.

but now every game ends with him saying... we know have to do better.

4 games and we;ve gotten worse with each one.

but then again, i also blame the fuckers who employed him, extended his contract and made him the highest paid international coach in the world on the basis of fuck all on his managerial cv.

We need to go 4-3-3 and sack off Saka and Foden OR Kane. Amazing players yes, but don't fit our system.

We either need Toney upfront to hold up the ball and get beyond the backline to give Saka, Bellingham and Foden space...

OR keep Kane and play Palmer and Gordon alongside him, sacrificing Saka and Foden.

It's clear to almost everyone but he's so stubborn it will cost us yet another opportunity.

How come the turkish boy has to serve his ban at Euro 24 yet Bellingham has a whole year to serve his. 

I get the severity of the Turkish gesture but that’s why he got more games 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, it stinks. Clearly it’s political behind the scenes with England wielding more influence 

I’ve never in my 43 years heard of a suspension being valid for a whole year. Just pick the Nations league game after they’ve already topped the group

i’d bet if it wasn’t Jude Bellingham and say for example it was Connor Gallagher the ban would be different. 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I don't think he did anything wrong :lol:

That’s a different argument. He made the gesture to the opposition bench. Saying it was to his friend is bullshit :lol:

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Would a ref send a player off during a game for that? I'm not sure either way tbh.

No probably not but I assume there are rules about certain gestures. For what it’s worth I think banning him for it is a nonsense but since they have banned him, stretching it over a year when another player has to serve his ban immediately is an even bigger nonsense and I’m certain if it wasn’t such a big player like Bellingham he’d be missing the quarter final 

Edited by gdm

The one game ban is suspended no? So he won't get any kind of ban unless he does something else? That's how I've understood it and think that's somewhat standard? 

He's done the celebration before so his story has some credibility, and the two different situations are not comparable really in terms of their respective offence. 

Don't doubt Bellingham's superstar status and eyes he brings, sponsors, money etc has been factored in which is clearly bullshit, but think a ban would've been harsh so outcome seems correct. 

5 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

The one game ban is suspended no? So he won't get any kind of ban unless he does something else? That's how I've understood it and think that's somewhat standard?

No the it’s been reported over multiple sources is he has the ban but it’s valid for a year so he can miss any game within a year. If that’s wrong it’s certainly the strangest way I’ve ever heard of a suspended sentence being reported 

50 minutes ago, gdm said:

No the it’s been reported over multiple sources is he has the ban but it’s valid for a year so he can miss any game within a year. If that’s wrong it’s certainly the strangest way I’ve ever heard of a suspended sentence being reported 

Possibly those suggesting that are clickbait tricks? From Sky News

"He has been given a one-match ban - but that is "subject to a probationary period of one year, starting from the date of the present decision". This means the ban will only apply if there is a further incident in the next year."

This is how I understood it, never ever heard of the other suggestion, sounds like bs... likely is bs :)

43 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Find Bellingham very unlikeable. 

Tbf he's very well spoken in interviews, seems he has his family close by him, seems pretty likeable to me. 

Obviously he has a huge ego, you have to have to reach the heights he already has, he's one of the top players at Real Madrid at 20 years old, seems a little overly judgemental to expect him not to be full of himself. 

4 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

Possibly those suggesting that are clickbait tricks? From Sky News

"He has been given a one-match ban - but that is "subject to a probationary period of one year, starting from the date of the present decision". This means the ban will only apply if there is a further incident in the next year."

This is how I understood it, never ever heard of the other suggestion, sounds like bs... likely is bs :)

Think you may be right the likes have Romano have deleted their original tweets and added the word suspended in. I assume it since got clarified. Fair enough 

1 hour ago, mondonewc said:

Tbf he's very well spoken in interviews, seems he has his family close by him, seems pretty likeable to me. 

Obviously he has a huge ego, you have to have to reach the heights he already has, he's one of the top players at Real Madrid at 20 years old, seems a little overly judgemental to expect him not to be full of himself. 

You can justify your arrogance if you've got that amount of talent but I still find it unlikeable. :lol:

The stuff post-Slovakia isn't the end of the world of course but it is very cringe given how fortunate England were. It's unpleasant but not worthy of a ban imo.