Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

f*** I wish he would have scored though. Did well to find that space against two players. Good save from Hart as well, unfortunately.

He should have squared it, he had two players running through the middle and he probably had the least chance of scoring.  Still, he made the chance so deserved to have a go.

It would have been to Colback.

f*** I wish he would have scored though. Did well to find that space against two players. Good save from Hart as well, unfortunately.

He should have squared it, he had two players running through the middle and he probably had the least chance of scoring.  Still, he made the chance so deserved to have a go.

It would have been to Colback.

http://i.giphy.com/MyzfERo9SqG1G.gif

Need to see it again, but it didn't look like there was a huge chance to square it?  They had 2-3 players in the box, that got across to him fairly quickly.  Then when he cut back to get room for a shot, there was no angle to pass to anyone.  I thought he did pretty much everything right, a lot of credit has to go to Hart.  Came flying out to close him down and spread himself really well. 

I hate the 'he struck it too well' cliché.  But I think Henry was spot on and it is actually applicable, in this instance.  If he catches that slightly on the inside of his foot, he might have dragged that into the bottom corner, or if he sliced it a bit, it might have gone through Hart's legs. 

Fine margins.  I have a feeling that miss and the 2 points it has cost us, may come back to haunt us. 

Fine margins.  I have a feeling that miss and the 2 points it has cost us, may come back to haunt us.

Not bringing Rafa in sooner will be what costs us.

Funny you should say that.  I just posted the same in the Rafa thread  O0

Not sure he could have done anything more with his chance tbh. They had about three defenders between Colback and the goal from memory, and from the angle they showed behind the goal, it would have taken something pretty special to put it in the one part of the goal that was free. Earned the shot.

Glad he didn't square it. Skinned the defender, created the opportunity with his customary quick short-range dribbling and hit it on target. Hart made a good save, can't blame Gini too much for any of that.

Glad he didn't square it. Skinned the defender, created the opportunity with his customary quick short-range dribbling and hit it on target. Hart made a good save, can't blame Gini too much for any of that.

Seeing we didn't  score, I would have liked to seen him square it.

Absolutely nobody is going to square that ffs. It'd have taken a ridiculous pass and the chances of him knowing anyone is even there is bordering on nil given that he'd just beat a man at close quarters and had no time to look up.

Put a decent defensive shift in tbf.

Disagree. He was ok going forward and looks to make runs behind, but defensively he just coasts around. He's not up for it and doesn't deserve to play but Rafa is obviously hoping he can create a goal and is sacrificing defensive duties for that possibility.