Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

I don't think we have the luxury of labeling him a "sell at all costs" player just because we don't like him, which is to say, if the price isn't right, he stays. He's clearly talented even if his attitude is shit.

He seems to be sought after by other clubs and we are not in a position where we have to sell plus he is on a long contract.  That means we can name our price and if other clubs don't like it then he stays.  They can all afford it anyway.

I want him gone, his attitude stinks. Don't need characters like that in the squad.

Why single Wijnaldum out alone for this though?, our whole squad were bottlers, if some of the others have redemption in them, why not Gini?

For what it's worth I think he'll be sold for most of what we paid for him.

I want him gone, his attitude stinks. Don't need characters like that in the squad.

Why single Wijnaldum out alone for this though?, our whole squad were bottlers, if some of the others have redemption in them, why not Gini?

For what it's worth I think he'll be sold for most of what we paid for him.

He was the worst

My gut feeling is that his terrible attitude is simply from walking into a poisonous atmosphere after a terrible f***ing season for the club before, it never corrected itself (until Rafa), I think if he sat down with the club and bought into the direction it wants to go, he could be the main man. Did PSV not have a half time presentation to him mid season with the fans thanking him for all his efforts before? That kinda stuff doesn't happen to genuine bad eggs.

Could be a massive mistake selling the lad (if we don't have to)

Gotta agree, it's as debatable as the Mitrovic divide in support. First season either leaves or is given another chance under better direction as you put so well above.

Twatter full of rumours he's off to Roma. We should at least break even on him IMO.

Didn't roma sell Pjanic to fund a replacement for the injured Rudiger.

We shouldn't sell cheaply.

We won't. Despite the fact he's gone missing for a lot of the season, there's clearly a very good player in there. I think he'd have looked twice the player next season under Rafa.

Twatter full of rumours he's off to Roma. We should at least break even on him IMO.

We won't. Despite the fact he's gone missing for a lot of the season, there's clearly a very good player in there. I think he'd have looked twice the player next season under Rafa.

Agree but prepare for pelters him and Sissoko are this forums pet hates [emoji38]

Agree but prepare for pelters him and Sissoko are this forums pet hates [emoji38]

That's fair enough from a fans POV, it's what you would expect, but I try and look at it from Rafa's perspective and he won't want to lose a quality player unless we get well compensated.

Guest chopey

Charnley will panic and try to sell him for five jam jars but Rafa will send him home early with 50p for a mix up.

As with Sissoko, if he feels he's as good as he thinks (wasn't there a quote a week or so back where he was boasting about his stats?), then he can't moan at us for pricing him out of a move if we are holding out for £30m. Another one where if he stays should boss the division and if he leaves, meh.

We'll settle for 20 million, probably 30 million is are start point for negotiations and we'll drop down, if someone meets us at 20 million we'll sell I'm sure, if not, see ya. Despite the stick he gets, he has a lot of quality and would be a huge asset in that division next season. Financially we are not yet in a position to be bullied, that would change if we do not bounce straight back up of course.

I just remember the Austin and QPR situation last year, everyone thought they could get him on the cheap. He only had a year left on his deal and QPR were just relegated, they held out though for a 15 million fee or something. They still got a reasonable fee for him 6 months later with even less time on his contract. The parachute payments give clubs the capacity to hold onto their star players despite relegation, if you can bounce straight back up you can still play hard ball with clubs looking to feast off your carcass.

Guest antz1uk

Was generally reported that Southampton paid QPR only 4 million for Austin.

He only had 12 months left on his contract

Was generally reported that Southampton paid QPR only 4 million for Austin.

That's still decent money for a player who would have been gone in the summer on a free, Gini have 4 or 5 years left on his deal !!