Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

• 3 weeks later...

If Sissoko creates an auction and we get £25 - £30 million for him then the chances of Gini stopping must increase as I just cant see Benitez want to lose the two of them. Add in the fact that he seems happy enough in training and not his face tripping him like Janmaat and De Jong, he may yet stay against the odds.

Wonder what his leadership stats are on FM?  He may be tempted by a captain's role.

Guest chopey

I must admit I would love this bloke to come out and pledge his commitment to us, if not, then sell him to the highest bidder.

I think he'd do well for Spurs, regardless I'd want shot of him for that kind of money. He's a bit of a luxury for a side like ours, this year and probably beyond.

Don't know about beyond like. Exactly the sort of player we'd want should we come straight back up, but now and if that fee is correct........see you!

Can't see how we can keep him or Sissoko TBH, maybe Wijnaldum at a push since he's just arrived. Both of them will go.

Of the two I'd much rather keep Wijnaldum than Sissoko but as you say both will go (with Janmaat).

I think the people saying he's the type of player who flourishes in a side who dominates possession had a valid point. Not sure we'll ever be that type of side in enough of our games across a season and there'll be more suitable players for us.

I think the people saying he's the type of player who flourishes in a side who dominates possession had a valid point. Not sure we'll ever be that type of side in enough of our games across a season and there'll be more suitable players for us.

Never watched him for PSV like but just based on his time here he seems a lot more suited to counter attacking. Never wants the ball at his feet, can't really pass more than 5 or 10 yards, just floats around the place looking to get into the box

Guest chopey

He seems like a confidence player and once Stevie fucked him up by playing him no matter what he just crumbled

Wasn't up for it once the going got tough, seems to be a player who only performs when things are going well, coming from the dutch league where he was always in a winning side he probably wasn't used to being on the end of constant batterings and didn't have the stomach for it, I do think he would destroy the championship mind but would be just as happy to see us bring in a healthy fee for him and invest in players who will perform rain or shine.

Sure I read that his touches and passes per game between his time here and PSV were very similar. Would suggest he's simply a finishing touches player used to sides with much more of the ball. He could be a really good playmaker, IMO, but not sure it's in his mentality. Strange, strange player.

I hope we can keep Wijnaldum, he's shown what he can do in glimpses during his first season and I think he will get much better.  11 goals in his first season is much better than most could have hoped for.  He could be a massive player for us if he stays and that will be one less player to replace if we do get up first time. I think he'll be stronger in his second season, both physically and mentally and he'll be part of a much more organised team under Rafa.

Guest chopey

I would love both Wini and Sissoko to stay but if their hearts aren't in it then they must be let go

I would love both Wini and Sissoko to stay but if their hearts aren't in it then they must be let go

Really? There's no must about it, they can go if we get a price which would be suitable to us otherwise they aren't going anywhere.

The irony is that the best players want to go to a club that is successful, in a couple of years time we might be able to attract players who want to play for an ambitious team rather than use us as a stepping stone. Hopefully once Rafa has turned this place round we'll no longer see players looking elsewhere to fulfil their dreams.