Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

All of his goals have come at Anfield but three of them were against Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal. It follows on from last season when his 11 strikes for Newcastle were all at St James’ Park. The last time he hit the target away from home was for PSV Eindhoven at Den Haag in May 2015.

Is he a player, then, who only performs well at home?

‘That is people's opinion,’ said Wijnaldum. ‘I think I also play good in away games, especially this season. It is funny because last season we didn't perform at a level as a whole team in away games for Newcastle but I was the only one who got the complaints.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4299234/Gini-Wijnaldum-wants-Liverpool-blitz-Burnley.html#ixzz4auBfx7TC

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I've watched a few Liverpool games lately and he's been absolute quality. It's annoying to be honest because he was obviously a top class player but it was just pure desire and a lack of care for our cause - even under Benitez - that was the problem with him.

I don't have the same dislike for him as I do Sissoko which I guess is strange given it was the same problem with him.

We only put up with Gini for one season and he had plenty of positives for us, I don't think you can put him on the same level of Sissoko really. Yes, he didn't shine or graft much after a few months into the season, but he was playing for Newcastle under McClaren and the team as a whole was shocking. It was enough to demotivate anyone, let alone a player of his class.

We were fucking vile last season tbh. When you look at the team now it is evident that the players last year just didn't give a shit - a direct result of 4 years of Pardew.

For that I think we need to take a step back and look at it from Wijnaldum's perspective. I mean I despise my boss at the moment. Am I giving 100% every day? Am I fuck.

Guest neesy111

We were fucking vile last season tbh. When you look at the team now it is evident that the players last year just didn't give a shit - a direct result of 4 years of Pardew.

For that I think we need to take a step back and look at it from Wijnaldum's perspective. I mean I despise my boss at the moment. Am I giving 100% every day? Am I fuck.

Graham Carr is more to blame than Pardew for that.

Guest firetotheworks

All of his goals have come at Anfield but three of them were against Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal. It follows on from last season when his 11 strikes for Newcastle were all at St James’ Park. The last time he hit the target away from home was for PSV Eindhoven at Den Haag in May 2015.

Is he a player, then, who only performs well at home?

‘That is people's opinion,’ said Wijnaldum. ‘I think I also play good in away games, especially this season. It is funny because last season we didn't perform at a level as a whole team in away games for Newcastle but I was the only one who got the complaints.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4299234/Gini-Wijnaldum-wants-Liverpool-blitz-Burnley.html#ixzz4auBfx7TC

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

He'd have a point if he wasn't consistently the stand out worst player away from home, and only stood out when it got to the 74th minute and you suddenly remembered that his name was in the starting line up. In terms of anonymity in midfield, he made Jack Colback look like Roy Keane.

Guest firetotheworks

I've watched a few Liverpool games lately and he's been absolute quality. It's annoying to be honest because he was obviously a top class player but it was just pure desire and a lack of care for our cause - even under Benitez - that was the problem with him.

I don't have the same dislike for him as I do Sissoko which I guess is strange given it was the same problem with him.

You're right, it is strange, but you're not alone. It's one of the things I don't understand about this place at times.

Guest firetotheworks

Graham Carr is more to blame than Pardew for that.

Don't be fucking ridiculous Neesy. [emoji38] Even if he is, then why stop there and not bring Ashley into it?

My serious worry is we're an interference/fuck up from being rotten again. To be honest Rafa has changed so much but if he goes, i think the rotten core is still beating away. And always will until the fat arsehole dies/sells.

My serious worry is we're an interference/fuck up from being rotten again. To be honest Rafa has changed so much but if he goes, i think the rotten core is still beating away. And always will until the fat arsehole dies/sells.

Of course, everything depends on Rafa basically. If he stays a few years and his happy, it's possible the club could really have decided on a different course. Otherwise we're back to square one.

Of course, everything depends on Rafa basically. If he stays a few years and his happy, it's possible the club could really have decided on a different course. Otherwise we're back to square one.

I think we're at the enjoy it while it lasts stage, i dread Rafa being messed around and walking away because as you just put it very well  'we'll be back to square one'.

That's the thing of being a Newcastle fan for me (especially under Ashley), you're scared to enjoy it because you just fear the next move.

My serious worry is we're an interference/f*** up from being rotten again. To be honest Rafa has changed so much but if he goes, i think the rotten core is still beating away. And always will until the fat arsehole dies/sells.

I think we're at the enjoy it while it lasts stage, i dread Rafa being messed around and walking away because as you just put it very well  'we'll be back to square one'.

That's the thing of being a Newcastle fan for me (especially under Ashley), you're scared to enjoy it because you just fear the next move.

It will always be the same until he sells...and that is a few years away unless he gives Rafa a decent budget and we win something because he said he would sell after that....

My serious worry is we're an interference/f*** up from being rotten again. To be honest Rafa has changed so much but if he goes, i think the rotten core is still beating away. And always will until the fat arsehole dies/sells.

It will always be the same until he sells...and that is a few years away unless he gives Rafa a decent budget and we win something because he said he would sell after that....

I'm hoping he does buy Rangers, just imo as i think that'll see him sell up far faster.

I'm not sure that he would have been a Benitez player, and there still has to be some doubts as to whether he'sprepared to put in his foot like you have to in English football, but there was never much doubt about his quality on the ball. He was one of our most valuable assets last season and Liverpool will be happy enough with what they have had in return.

• 6 months later...

Getting a bit stick tonight off Liverpool fans tonight, his stats today showed that the Liverpool keeper made more passes than him against Leicester and he was playing central midfield play-maker, he;s getting called "The Ghost"