Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

See I think Gini is capable of going on and being even better. He's risen to this level in PL and I think he will continue to rise.

He was arguably MOTM in his last three outings and if this form persists he could score 20 from midfield. How much better do you expect him to become? All I am saying is that he's playing better than I've ever seen him do and I don't expect him to be able to keep this high level up in all honesty. It could be a permanent thing of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if he tails off a bit, in which case he would still be a very good player for us. There's a reason why he has never been an undisputed fixture in our NT, as s*** as we are at the moment. Anyway, long may it last! :indi:

he's not playing midfield now, hasn't for a few games.

Rolls-Royce of a player. The first player in a few years I could put in that HBA, Ba, Cabaye and Remy bracket. Type of lad if he's in your team you think you have a chance.

Think he's half a step above those.

He's definitely a better player than all of those. He's our best player since Robert.

Guest Howaythetoon

Since Bobby I'd say our best players have been Ba, Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Wijnaldum and the Dutch lad will surpass them all.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's not as talented a dribbler as Ben Arfa but his overall game is better. He's sensational and certainly the best of those, in my opinion. The others all had some form of big-ish weakness in their game, Gini is pretty damn complete.

He's not as skillful a dribbler, but he can carry the ball long distances and beat his man with quick feet just as well as HBA could. I loved HBA, but Wijnaldum has a better work ethic and seems to make better decisions. He's a better all-rounder for me. And by work ethic I don't mean tracking back and getting "stuck in", I mean by working hard on his own game and within the team framework. He is constantly looking to get into the box, to get into space, to become an outlet, to make himself available for a pass. He works so hard on that front its no wonder he's reaping rewards.

He's not as talented a dribbler as Ben Arfa but his overall game is better. He's sensational and certainly the best of those, in my opinion. The others all had some form of big-ish weakness in their game, Gini is pretty damn complete.

I'd say there's only 1 better dribbler on the planet than Hatem.

Wij is like Rob Lee on crack :lol:

Rolls-Royce of a player. The first player in a few years I could put in that HBA, Ba, Cabaye and Remy bracket. Type of lad if he's in your team you think you have a chance.

He's definitely a better player than all of those. He's our best player since Robert.

Robert wasn't even the best player in Sir Bobby's team.

Never underestimate the effect watching Robert wander round SJP in his undercrackeres had on the young, impressionable Ronaldo.

Guest Howaythetoon

Robert was an odd one, wasteful in possession, would go missing for large parts of the game, but boy could he cross and shoot and he set up loads of goals and scored them too. A frustrating figure but easily one of our best ever PL players.

Never underestimate the effect watching Robert wander round SJP in his undercrackeres had on the young, impressionable Ronaldo.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Robert was an odd one, wasteful in possession, would go missing for large parts of the game, but boy could he cross and shoot and he set up loads of goals and scored them too. A frustrating figure but easily one of our best ever PL players.

Aye, good summary.

Loved Robert personally. Every time he got the ball, you would expect something to happen. Loved his moments of madness where he would shoot from 50 yards out, or smash the ball off Bernards face for no apparent reason  :lol:

He was by the time Bobby left.

Guest Howaythetoon

Speed was Bobby's most consistent performer in terms of fitness and being a steady 7/10 player. Chipped in with goals too. Shearer was the main man as the main goalscorer but Bellamy, Dyer and Robert were also key players, so too Nobby. Its weird because the defence in terms of individuals under SBR was never the best, but we did alright there and that's because of the attack and midfield.

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Guest firetotheworks

Beardsley, Shearer and Robert are our 3 best Premier League era players imo.

:lol:

There's having favourite players and that but Robert doesn't belong alongside those two like. Not going to argue it with you or anything because obviously it's all down to opinions and everything, I just can't see how you'd have Robert alongside those two and that's before getting onto having him ahead of the likes of Lee and Cole.