Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Beardsley, Shearer and Robert are our 3 best Premier League era players imo.

[emoji38]

There's having favourite players and that but Robert doesn't belong alongside those two like. Not going to argue it with you or anything, I just can't see how you'd have Robert alongside those two and that's before getting onto having him ahead of the likes of Lee and Cole.

:thup:

[emoji38]

There's having favourite players and that but Robert doesn't belong alongside those two like. Not going to argue it with you or anything, I just can't see how you'd have Robert alongside those two and that's before getting onto having him ahead of the likes of Lee and Cole.

Can't remember seeing those two wander round the pitch in their pants. Thats the difference.

:lol:

There's having favourite players and that but Robert doesn't belong alongside those two like. Not going to argue it with you or anything because obviously it's all down to opinions and everything, I just can't see how you'd have Robert alongside those two and that's before getting onto having him ahead of the likes of Lee and Cole.

All about opinions of course but Robert was capable of doing things Lee and Cole could only dream of.

Guest firetotheworks

There's having favourite players and that but Robert doesn't belong alongside those two like. Not going to argue it with you or anything because obviously it's all down to opinions and everything, I just can't see how you'd have Robert alongside those two and that's before getting onto having him ahead of the likes of Lee and Cole.

All about opinions of course but Robert was capable of doing things Lee and Cole could only dream of.

On that basis, I'd bring up Ginola and HBA, who did things that Robert could only dream of. I get your point though.

On that basis, I'd bring up Ginola and HBA, who did things that Robert could only dream of. I get your point though.

Their goal tallys and assists don't come near to Roberts though. He was far more productive as an attacking force. Have to say loved them both as well mind. One of them should still be here.

[emoji38]

Robert Lee was pretty fucking amazing. Still the best midfielder of our times in the Premier League. From 93-97 he had everything.

He was but one thing which always stuck in my craw was in the season that we looked like we were going to win the title, him and Ferdinand went missing in the latter part of the campaign. First half of the season they were banging in goals left right and centre, then in the final run in they just disappeared goals wise.

[emoji38]

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38]

[emoji38]

:thdn:

Robert was an odd one, wasteful in possession, would go missing for large parts of the game, but boy could he cross and shoot and he set up loads of goals and scored them too. A frustrating figure but easily one of our best ever PL players.

Apart from his goals, his delivery was amazing. None of this floated stuff to the back post, he used to whip them in with dip and curve. A nightmare for keepers and defenders, but the pundits preferred to concentrate on his lack of defensive work. Another reason why I loved Bernard at the time, he not only covered for Robert defensively, he worked brilliantly in tandem going forward as well.

Carr is owed more credit for this signing, especially if he's also getting blamed for Thauvin and Cabella.

Yep well done Graham:  established international with around 20 caps, young yet respected captain, his team won the title, Dutch player of the year. Unearthed a hidden gem there and for just under £15m--we bow to your perceptiveness.

Carr is owed more credit for this signing, especially if he's also getting blamed for Thauvin and Cabella.

Yep well done Graham:  established international with around 20 caps, young yet respected captain, his team won the title, Dutch player of the year. Unearthed a hidden gem there and for just under £15m--we bow to your perceptiveness.

For his ability and at such a young age, he is an absolute steal for under £15m and we got him to come HERE. I think credit where it's due or does that not fit into your agenda?

aye.. :lol:

Always try to be fair Matt. No agenda, that I'm aware of...apart form aversion to fuckwits.

Fuckwits that can't appreciate Colback's contribution to the team for example, while so many coaches, managers and ex-players do right?