Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

I don't think you can use the setup as an excuse at this stage. He's not been good enough and, at this stage of the season, there really are no excuses for his inability to influence our away performances.

Sometimes, the player just has to look at themselves.

I don't think you can use the setup as an excuse at this stage. He's not been good enough and, at this stage of the season, there really are no excuses for his inability to influence our away performances.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you bring someone else in playing the same system I wouldn't fancy them to do much either. But yes, he should be doing more. If even just from a defensive and harrying POV rather than anything positive.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you bring someone else in playing the same system I wouldn't fancy them to do much either. But yes, he should be doing more. If even just from a defensive and harrying POV rather than anything positive.

:thup:

:thup: Agree with that mate.

Never known a player to be so good yet have so little involvement. Not even sure McClaren is to blame on this one. He's played LM, LW, AM, CM...far too often he just goes missing in games in any position he's put. Like he's actively trying to not be involved. Very strange. Deserved hooked today but for Perez or Doumbia.

Never known a player to be so good yet have so little involvement. Not even sure McClaren is to blame on this one. He's played LM, LW, AM, CM...far too often he just goes missing in games in any position he's put. Like he's actively trying to not be involved. Very strange. Deserved hooked today but for Perez or Doumbia.

Aye, to bring Colback on for Gini was a gutless a change as you could get.

Wonder if he had the same issue with away form at psv. If he didn't then point the finger at the plank in the dugout.

Or the 14-15 inferior opponents he'd face every other week in Holland. Either/or.

The premier has been poor this season in terms of over all quality. Internationals and European games would be a be a better indicator.

Wonder if he had the same issue with away form at psv. If he didn't then point the finger at the plank in the dugout.

Or the 14-15 inferior opponents he'd face every other week in Holland. Either/or.

The premier has been poor this season in terms of over all quality. Internationals and European games would be a be a better indicator.

:lol: Nonsense.

Don't think even the setup can be blamed, it's simply Wijnaldum just not getting involved or putting in the effort.

The last couple of away games have seemed very complacent. I know we don't have a team of grafters, like, which we probably need a better balance of away from home, but it appears a little like some of them have taken their foot off the pedal because we've got some new players in and they can pick up the slack instead. 

Or the 14-15 inferior opponents he'd face every other week in Holdland. Either/or.

:huff:

Absolutely baffling how he can be so good when we play at home, yet totally anonymous away from home.

It is certainly polar opposites with Wijnaldum.  But I would say the same for the team in general.  At times, we look like a top half team at home and look really comfortable and create a lot of chances.  Away from home, we're the worst team in the league.  I mean statistically, Villa are worse.  But I think even they have managed more goals and conceded less.  Plus, I still can't believe we won at Bournemouth!

• 3 weeks later...

One of his better away games for us last night...which is saying something because he's one of the biggest bottlers in the team during them.

How does he escape criticism as well?

He just plays very odd sometimes, drags everything down to a snails pace...seems like he is trying to make an intelligent pass or do something but nobody is moving around, no movement, and he's just kind of confused all over.