Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Pathetic again. 18 touches in that first half. He is better then Colback and going invisible.

Improved in the 2nd half but just not good enough, drop him for away games.

Thought he had a marked improvement on his usual away performances. Influenced the midfield a lot more than he normally would?

Certainly not in the first half. he got involved the least out of everyone. He did get involved more in the 2nd half though when moved next to Shelvey.

Pathetic again. 18 touches in that first half. He is better then Colback and going invisible.

Improved in the 2nd half but just not good enough, drop him for away games.

Thought he had a marked improvement on his usual away performances. Influenced the midfield a lot more than he normally would?

Certainly not in the first half. he got involved the least out of everyone. He did get involved more in the 2nd half though when moved next to Shelvey.

For him, it was a massive improvement.

I actually think he did well, when dropped deeper.  The game suited him by then, as Leicester had started to sit back, so he managed to get on the ball more in space.  He's probably our best dribbler of the ball and he's pretty quick.  Always seems to turn out of trouble, as well. 

He still doesn't get involved away from home, in the supposed no.10 role that he starts in.  He ends up in no man's land, between Mitro and the midfield.

I don't know what the answer is.  I still feel we're not utilising him properly.  But at the same time, he goes missing and it has to be down to him, as well. 

Agree with Nath. Thought he looked better deep, as he has the technical ability and vision to start a counter attack. Up front he needs someone to supply him with the balls and he ends up being anonoymous for most parts. He can still score goals from a deeper role as long as Shelvey sits even deeper. Give Wijnaldum more of a box to box role imo.

I actually think he did well, when dropped deeper.  The game suited him by then, as Leicester had started to sit back, so he managed to get on the ball more in space.  He's probably our best dribbler of the ball and he's pretty quick.  Always seems to turn out of trouble, as well. 

He still doesn't get involved away from home, in the supposed no.10 role that he starts in.  He ends up in no man's land, between Mitro and the midfield.

I don't know what the answer is.  I still feel we're not utilising him properly.  But at the same time, he goes missing and it has to be down to him, as well. 

Remember him playing quite a deep midfield role for the Netherlands a little while back.

I don't know what we do with this guy tbh. All I know is we need to stop playing hi behind the striker. Perez is far more dangerous and versatile there.

He just looks totally devoid of ANY confidence for me. He was sold a dream when he came here, he was the captain of PSV and I think this season has just destroyed his enthusiasm, I really don't think he knew what he was in for. When he picks up the ball he looks up, thinks about going forward/playing a pass, then loses confidence in his ability, turns around and plays a pass back or just switches play.

Hopefully with Rafa in charge, we win enough games to stay up, Rafa sorts out the squad a bit and we see what this kid can do under the guidance of an actual manager.

He slows things down far too often. Which really hasn't been the way I remember him at PSV. Don't know if it's lack of movement or just lack of confidence.

He will develop under Rafa - maybe he is capable of moving further back.

He slows things down far too often. Which really hasn't been the way I remember him at PSV. Don't know if it's lack of movement or just lack of confidence.

He will develop under Rafa - maybe he is capable of moving further back.

The Philippe Coutinho syndrome.

If we were sitting in mid-table, safe, I'd almost certainly give him a month out to recover and go again, looking finish the season on a high.

He looked whacked against Leicester in the second half.

Just saw this chant  :D

"Gini is a Geordie he comes from Geordie town and if he scores a worldie I'll let him shag me mam!"