Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Awful.  He gets absolutely fuck all in the way of service.  But he looks overweight to me and often makes the wrong decision. 

He regularly seems to drop into someone else's space.  Like the ball will be going straight to one of our players, he seems to think they won't win the header, hold it up or whatever.  So he just runs straight towards them, gets in the way, or just leaves a big hole behind him, when the ball is eventually flicked on. 

He also seems to have a knack, of winning a header and then not knowing where the ball is.  He looks so lost and clumsy at times. 

Finally, his play acting is absolutely pathetic.  Throws his weight around like some sort of hard man.  Then goes down like a sack of shit and screams at the slightest bit of contact.  Like a poor man's Diego Costa. 

Despite all of this, for some reason.  I still kind of like him.  I think he's been thrown in at the deep end and he is usually completely isolated up front. Playing for a team that don't create chances.  Hardly conducive to a successful season. 

In his defence, he has apparently been playing through and ankle injury this season.  Sounds like he was a last minute decision for last night, as well.  So with some of the gutless wankers we've had in the past, it's nice that he wants to actually fight for the cause and play through injuries.  Not really helping if he's going to play so badly, though. 

I know he's not exactly the goal threat we need but is hold up play is invaluable to the team, without him the ball comes straight back at us, huge loss if he's not fit.

There isn't a single player in that squad who brings anything you could call "invaluable" to the team man.

Made me laugh when he knocked it past his man on the wing and tried to beat him for pace. What was he thinking???

me too. Slow as fok!

But he will be much better if he had someone around him to make the runs. No service and no support.

Finally, his play acting is absolutely pathetic.  Throws his weight around like some sort of hard man.  Then goes down like a sack of shit and screams at the slightest bit of contact.  Like a poor man's Diego Costa. 

This is what pisses me off the most. He tried to get physical with Shawcross at SJP, got smacked around like a little bitch and then spent the rest of the game either hiding from him or throwing himself to the floor. He's basically like a primary school tough guy finding out how different life is in high school.

The big question with Mitro is: does he have the attributes required to ever make it at this level? It's unfair to judge a young striker coming in from another league on his first season in a way, but the worry for me is his complete lack of athleticism or pace, which is really the first and foremost you would look for when in search of a PL striker. He's also deceptively weak for such a stocky lad. Us going down could be the making of him like it was for Carroll, but if we stay up I fear for his future and I certainly wouldn't want to go into another season depending on him coming good after a bedding in year.

Guest Howaythetoon

Came from the same league as Benteke & Lukaku at similar ages right?

Pace and athleticism they have in abundance, Mitrovic has neither.