Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

How has he not actually been banned for it? :lol:

Insane isn't it, unless they don't have retrospective action in the football league. I know we got Dummett and Shelvey's red cards pulled back in the Forest game, surely it works in reverse too ?

That elbow is ridiculous :lol:

yet people still wonder why Rafa doesnt trust him

People aren't wondering that. They're saying Rafa should've played him over Joselu.

Plenty are like. "He hasnt even had a red card for 2 years!" or whatever

People aren't wondering that. They're saying Rafa should've played him over Joselu.

The two are one and the same, though, aren’t they?

Plenty are like. "He hasnt even had a red card for 2 years!" or whatever

That’ll be because he hasn’t.

He’s also not been suspended retrospectively for the above incident - yet Cahil has been for his elbow. If the incident was as bad as it looks, I’d suspect that Cahill/Millwall would have pointed to the Mitro incident and questioned why he hasn’t been retrospectively banned.

As others have said, it’s difficult to see the full extent of it without another angle. Cahill made absolutely nothing of it either (didn’t even go down injured at time IIRC), so maybe it’s nowhere near as bad as it looks.

It's a blatant red like and should result in retrospective action and it's this sort of thing that Rafa wont want.

He's crucial for Fulham and he's put their season at jeapordy for nothing. He's reckless.

It's a blatant red like and should result in retrospective action and it's this sort of thing that Rafa wont want.

He's crucial for Fulham and he's put their season at jeapordy for nothing. He's reckless.

:lol:

Based on the fact he received neither a red card or retrospective action for it, I’ll stick my neck out and say you’re wrong.

Don’t get me wrong - it’s a very brainless thing to do and doesn’t look good at all, but lets get it into perspective a little bit and accept the FA’s judgement that the incident was not as it seems. It’s not like the FA to not take up the opportunity of handing out punishment for a player outside of the top 6 in England.

Sighting this one incident as the sole reason Rafa ‘doesn’t trust him’ and is justified for playing Joselu ahead of him is ridiculous. People love writing Mitro off at any opportunity, it’s a shame people cant accept his fantastic form for what it is and the same faces who have disappeared from this thread whilst he’s been in such great form have come rushing back at the sight of this incident.

There's quite a few incidents that Rafa doesn't trust him I reckon.  The red against Spurs, the Wolves away game when he should have been sent off and we played most of the second half without a proper striker because of this, and then the West Ham game this season when he got a stupid 3 match suspension. 

We'd be mad to sell him before the World Cup. I still have hopes he might still have a future here.

But he's better than joselu... Can joselu be "trusted"? I'm wondering what we're trusting him for. It certainly isn't his ability to play football.

Joselu is shit, but he will probably follow instructions where Mitro won't. Rafa is quite tough on that, he had the same issue with Mbemba. From a fan's POV it is frustrating, but we've had managers who didn't know their own minds before and it hasn't gone well for us. If we want to see Mitro playing for Rafa, he'll have to convince the manager he can toe the line.

Hold on, Tim Cahill plays for Millwall?

:lol:

Was news to me too.

He’s trying to get into the Australia World Cup squad. He was sitting on the bench for an A-League club, so he left to sit on Milwall’s bench. He’s an Australian legend, but he’s well past it. No tears here if he doesn’t get picked, which I’d put at 50/50.

That elbow of Cahill’s was ugly, but so was Mitro’s. Both have form, too. The Australian media is howling, and I have to say if one deserved a ban then they both did.

But he's better than joselu... Can joselu be "trusted"? I'm wondering what we're trusting him for. It certainly isn't his ability to play football.

Joselu is s***, but he will probably follow instructions where Mitro won't. Rafa is quite tough on that, he had the same issue with Mbemba. From a fan's POV it is frustrating, but we've had managers who didn't know their own minds before and it hasn't gone well for us. If we want to see Mitro playing for Rafa, he'll have to convince the manager he can toe the line.

I guess I'd just like to know what these instructions are, because I can't say I've noticed joselu contributing much of anything. Even weird boring intangible shit.

Joselu is s***, but he will probably follow instructions where Mitro won't. Rafa is quite tough on that, he had the same issue with Mbemba. From a fan's POV it is frustrating, but we've had managers who didn't know their own minds before and it hasn't gone well for us. If we want to see Mitro playing for Rafa, he'll have to convince the manager he can toe the line.

I guess I'd just like to know what these instructions are, because I can't say I've noticed joselu contributing much of anything. Even weird boring intangible shit.

I can’t have that, I’m afraid.

In the first half of the season, Rafa set us out in a very specific type of counter-attacking line-up. Up top, he needed a guy who could contest a quick ball forward, hopefully holding it up. He also needed to press the defenders in a particular manner and in tandem with a #10.

His fifth choice summer signing, a Stoke reject, was a player he felt could do what he wanted than Mitro. There are times when I like what Joselu does, but I’ll freely admit by the time he was dropped for Gayle he was playing like a donkey. And he’s missed some chances, my God. But Rafa picked him over Mitro because Joselu did what he was told as best he could.

Hope Mitro has a great World Cup and gets a career defining move, but not sad it won’t be here.

I can’t have that, I’m afraid.

In the first half of the season, Rafa set us out in a very specific type of counter-attacking line-up. Up top, he needed a guy who could contest a quick ball forward, hopefully holding it up. He also needed to press the defenders in a particular manner and in tandem with a #10.

His fifth choice summer signing, a Stoke reject, was a player he felt could do what he wanted than Mitro. There are times when I like what Joselu does, but I’ll freely admit by the time he was dropped for Gayle he was playing like a donkey. And he’s missed some chances, my God. But Rafa picked him over Mitro because Joselu did what he was told as best he could.

Hope Mitro has a great World Cup and gets a career defining move, but not sad it won’t be here.

We can only speculate. Think it's more likely something has happened behind the scenes with Mitro and Rafa simply had to pick the players he had left (Gayle and Joselu).

We can only speculate. Think it's more likely something has happened behind the scenes with Mitro and Rafa simply had to pick the players he had left (Gayle and Joselu).

:thup:

and I'm fine with that. In rafa etc.

...I just can't accept that Joselu is actually better at anything other than being Spanish.