Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Plays for a manager who's teams play attacking football, might keep them up but i know who i prefer when the shit gets to the nitty gritty. Besides, i wonder just how much more attacking we would be if Rafa had £50m + to actually spend.

People like to make out that he wasn’t given his chance here. He was, he routinely missed sitters, even in games where he did score he used to miss more chances that should have been finished.

He was a Newcastle fan as a kid and obviously loved the club, but it didn’t work out here for him. Ok he’s at a club where it’s working for him, but that’s no ‘proving people wrong’.

People like to make out that he wasn’t given his chance here. He was, he routinely missed sitters, even in games where he did score he used to miss more chances that should have been finished.

He was a Newcastle fan as a kid and obviously loved the club, but it didn’t work out here for him. Ok he’s at a club where it’s working for him, but that’s no ‘proving people wrong’.

It’s a bullshit argument. It’s worked for him pretty much at every other club other than Newcastle.

Possibly due to working with two clowns before finally working with a proper coach, who unfortunately was prepared to sacrifice an obvious way to score goals in order to contain decent teams for 70% of matches.

It’s a bullshit argument. It’s worked for him pretty much at every other club other than Newcastle.

Possibly due to working with two clowns before finally working with a proper coach, who unfortunately was prepared to sacrifice an obvious way to score goals in order to contain decent teams for 70% of matches.

Totally agree  O0

Guest Howaythetoon

So one more goal than Joselu? Well done Mitro, you’re proving the doubters wrong and making a fool out of Rafa son. Keep it up...

Reactionaries are gonna jerk their knees. This has to be the worst revision of Mitro history I’ve ever seen :lol:

Mitro had more attempts per game than any other player at the WC. 15 in three games, for one goal. So far he's on 15 in three games for Fulham, for three goals. Averaging five attempts a game is Kane/Aguero level, way beyond a decent PL striker.

So he must be doing a lot right. He's also getting a lot of supply, which he wouldn't here. His three Fulham goals have been from a combined distance of about twelve yards. You would expect anyone to score them.

My lasting memories of Mitro playing for us aren't so much missing chances but of really shit attempts at playing the dark arts. With three red cards in less than PL 2500 minutes, his cards were also marked as an easy player to send off. I suspect the last one when he came on as sub was the last straw for Rafa. Maybe it helps that Mitro's now at a nice middle class club with a reputation for pretty football whose lads can't be "that type of player". No neutral is going to admit they screamed "red card" every time Mitro went near the ball for us.

I remember the misses distinctly. That he’s doing well now is great for him and Fulham, and I wish him best of luck with his career. His time here simply didn’t work out due to the reasons regurgitated a billion times in this thread. Nothing more to say except good for him. But let’s not rewrite history like people are trying to do.

Gayle got plenty of supply last year, which he didn't make the most of. It's a myth that we don't create chances and are negative.

Mitro was to blame for not working out here. He was a knuckle head early on under Benitez, by doing silly things on the pitch, and apparently didn't follow instructions off the pitch, in training.

We've had a very tough start and Joselu has bagged two in three. Looking forward to beginning to get into playing some lesser teams, ad then we'll see.

I've always liked him a lot because a player who gets chances will inevitably convert some. He missed a lot of chances but he was getting a lot of them, which would eventually be converted. You'd rather someone have loads of chances than someone who doesn't and Mitrovic always got chances whenever he played.

He was a knucklehead because he was young. He joined us at 20, and now he's only 23.

I accept that he would struggle in our team today because Benitez's tactics don't bring out the best in him, but Fulham have got a good player on their hands. He's great at holding the ball up, good with his feet and he runs all game. The only thing lacking in his game is pace and that's mitigated by Fulham playing a generally attacking style of football.

I wish this thread wasn't bumped every time he plays well or scores, but that would only be the case if we had spent the money we got for him. Now it's almost inevitable that we will have to discuss his performances because we didn't get anything back for selling him except money in the bank. Mitrovic > money in the bank.

I supported Benitez's decision to sell him because I thought we'd get a long-term replacement for him, which we didn't. It's not Rafa's fault but it does make the decision to sell him more questionable.

I also don't think he'll end up at a much bigger club because those teams all require pace up front. So the upside to Mitrovic in terms of price isn't much more than what we sold him for, but he could easily get enough goals to guarantee Fulham's survival and that'd make him worth it for them. He's not going to end up at Arsenal or Spurs, let alone Liverpool or Man Utd.

- Newly promoted club's first win of the season, previous games including a defeat to Spurs

- Game finished 4-2 at home to the team who finished 7th the previous season

- 2 goals scored by striker who's been there since February, having scored 12 goals in their promotion season and 1 goal in the previous game

- Other 2 goals scored by 2 summer signings

BRB, betting everything I own on Mitro ending the season with 41 goals in all competitions.

Rafa chooses to marginalise players who don’t fit a system of containing, which at my current estimate only works for a portion of games as we always seem to lose them before 90 minutes are done.

They say the definition of madness is trying something and failing only to try the same thing again and expect a different result.

I remember the misses distinctly. That he’s doing well now is great for him and Fulham, and I wish him best of luck with his career. His time here simply didn’t work out due to the reasons regurgitated a billion times in this thread. Nothing more to say except good for him. But let’s not rewrite history like people are trying to do.

She was a lovely woman.

Guest chopey

The fee we got for him was pathetic in this market and I expect him to get close to 20 goals this season. One thing I've always disagreed with Benitez on is Mitrovic.

Me too but to be fair Rafa must of had the belief that he would be allowed to spend big on his replacement