Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Just a reminder that we sold Sissoko for £30m before the insane transfer fee inflation happened.

Sissoko had way more hype behind him tbf, rightly or wrongly that plays massively into these things.

Hmm, I dunno. Still not enough to make up that much of a difference. Mitrovic's basically just got Fulham promoted and then did alright at the World Cup. But then maybe we'd get better fees if we stopped walking around pretending we're skint.

The man was linked with Real Madrid :lol: People were acting like he was a world beater that summer.

None of it justified of course but it clearly had an effect on his fee, I have no strong feelings on Mitrovic deal tbh but I don't think this comparison is very apt if I'm honest.

Of course I agree on our inability to get good fees though, everyone knows the joke we are in every department.

That's a shite fee in today's market.

Not really like. If we had any intention whatsoever of playing him sometime then maybe but we clearly want rid and Fulham know that. Surprised we even got £22m tbh

Spurs regularly get fees like that for players they clearly don't want and don't rate. They bought Kevin Wimmer for £4m, played him 15 times in 2 seasons and sold him to Stoke for £18m. They'd negotiate an enormous fee for Mitrovic given the last six months.

Its Spurs though. I think Wimmer is shit but if you're on a bigger teams' books people just assume you're good. Also those kind of teams don't need to sell to buy so they can just name their price. Spurs probably would have happily kept him just in case. Mitro clearly isn't wanted by Rafa, we clearly need to sell to buy and <b>he hasn't really shown that much in the PL anyway</b>

Most of your post I agree with but this craic needs to stop like. Don't know how many appearances he made exactly in 15/16 or minutes on pitch off the top of my head, but 9 goals in that fucking shit heartless Mclaren team destined for relegation isn't "not showing much". He was 20, from another country, thrust into our shit-show and expected to save the day.

Guest firetotheworks

Just a reminder that we sold Sissoko for £30m before the insane transfer fee inflation happened.

Sissoko had way more hype behind him tbf, rightly or wrongly that plays massively into these things.

Hmm, I dunno. Still not enough to make up that much of a difference. Mitrovic's basically just got Fulham promoted and then did alright at the World Cup. But then maybe we'd get better fees if we stopped walking around pretending we're skint.

Rafa had made Sissoko captain and happily would have kept him though

I take your point, but the other side of that coin with Mitrovic is that although he's not wanted by Rafa like Sissoko was, he's very much wanted by Fulham and they're the ones paying. He got them promoted, they already know that he's probably worth £30m to them and that he works really well in their system. The only risk for them is the Championship to Premier League jump.

That's a shite fee in today's market.

Not really like. If we had any intention whatsoever of playing him sometime then maybe but we clearly want rid and Fulham know that. Surprised we even got £22m tbh

Spurs regularly get fees like that for players they clearly don't want and don't rate. They bought Kevin Wimmer for £4m, played him 15 times in 2 seasons and sold him to Stoke for £18m. They'd negotiate an enormous fee for Mitrovic given the last six months.

Its Spurs though. I think Wimmer is shit but if you're on a bigger teams' books people just assume you're good. Also those kind of teams don't need to sell to buy so they can just name their price. Spurs probably would have happily kept him just in case. Mitro clearly isn't wanted by Rafa, we clearly need to sell to buy and <b>he hasn't really shown that much in the PL anyway</b>

Most of your post I agree with but this craic needs to stop like. Don't know how many appearances he made exactly in 15/16 or minutes on pitch off the top of my head, but 9 goals in that fucking shit heartless Mclaren team destined for relegation isn't "not showing much". He was 20, from another country, thrust into our shit-show and expected to save the day.

He was alright like, that's about it

22m or more for a player who was never going to feature for us this season is decent going. It's basically free money and if the whole lot is spent buying someone who will contribute to the team then it's fair play. Moving on Merino, Sels, Mbemba and Mitrovic for about 42m is good going. Their contribution last season was virtually nil.

The annoyance is the fact that the owner sees that 42m as enough to get by on.

22m or more for a player who was never going to feature for us this season is decent going. It's basically free money and if the whole lot is spent buying someone who will contribute to the team then it's fair play. Moving on Merino, Sels, Mbemba and Mitrovic for about 42m is good going. Their contribution last season was virtually nil.

If that 42 million was matched with around the same in TV money we'd probably be looking at a very exciting season ahead. It's a pisstake.

If that 42 million was matched with around the same in TV money we'd probably be looking at a very exciting season ahead. It's a pisstake.

Absolutely. Just trying desperately to see it from Ashley's point of view. He'll think. "hang on, you've raised 40m+ from players who didn't even figure in the team that finished 10th last year. I've let you spend that 40m making that team even better so went do I need to give you more?"

The idea of actually 'investing' doesn't even cross his mind. Just get by, do just enough to survive, squeak through, cross your fingers, hope 3 teams are worse, spend in January if absolutely necessary etc. We've been here time and time again with this cunt. He needs to fucking do one or fucking die  :hmm:

Aye Sissoko ran down the wing past a couple of players in the Euros final and it genuinely added about £10m onto his fee. Very odd.

That's a superficial view IMO, He worked hard across the pitch, offered pace as an outlet, and could cross a decent ball after all that. The only reason we got such a high price was because Rafa didn't want to lose him.

The lad has a lot to prove at the top level, the last 6 months hasn't really changed that, imo. 22 is a decent price, all things considered. Reinvestment, however...

Don't think he'll ever be a rally good prem player. His big attribute has always been his size and physicality, he's playing in a league with defenders that can match it. He has no other outstanding attributes to compensate, and I really don't think his attitude is great when things don't go his way.

Aye Sissoko ran down the wing past a couple of players in the Euros final and it genuinely added about £10m onto his fee. Very odd.

That's a superficial view IMO, He worked hard across the pitch, offered pace as an outlet, and could cross a decent ball after all that. The only reason we got such a high price was because Rafa didn't want to lose him.

It's true. His end product in the Euros was 0 goals and 0 assists. He's never been able to cross.

The lad has a lot to prove at the top level, the last 6 months hasn't really changed that, imo. 22 is a decent price, all things considered. Reinvestment, however...

Don't think he'll ever be a rally good prem player. His big attribute has always been his size and physicality, he's playing in a league with defenders that can match it. He has no other outstanding attributes to compensate, and I really don't think his attitude is great when things don't go his way.

Good post.

Decent fee.

Mitro had 14 shots at the WC for one goal. Based on minutes, 4.9 shots per game, way higher than anyone else. You cannot blame Serbia for not supplying him.

Time once again for one of my favourite links, but a 40% drop in goals is par for the course when a striker for a promoted team plays in the PL. I can see him getting double figures, but not much more. It may take a lot of ammo, more ammo than we could ever have given him. Dwight Gayle's drop was way more than 40% obviously.

https://experimental361.com/2017/07/15/how-do-goalscorers-fare-after-their-team-is-promoted/