Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

How come nobody posted his comments the other day?

Rafa's or Mitro's? Either way could you sum up please?

I'm paraphrasing, but "Rafa wanted me to press from the front, that's not my game, I get tired doing that, my game is crosses in the box, I tried adapting but I couldn't do it."

Wish people would move on. He was never going to play under Rafa and asking Rafa to adapt his ways and tactics which have given him so much success down the years to accommodate him is daft. If Rafa was backed it would be more black and white than simply Mitro being sold and proving a world beater whilst Rafa prefers Joselu/Rondon.

This. The sensible solution was for Rafa to be backed with a striker he wanted. Whether it can be claimed Rondon is that backing is another matter.

However, assuming Rafa is leaving at the end of the season and we have only loaned Rondon, in retrospect it's a shame we didn't loan Mitro out. A new manager probably would have played to his strengths and can't help but feel that we'll be a lot weaker next summer without him.

I'm paraphrasing, but "Rafa wanted me to press from the front, that's not my game, I get tired doing that, my game is crosses in the box, I tried adapting but I couldn't do it."

Wish people would move on. He was never going to play under Rafa and asking Rafa to adapt his ways and tactics which have given him so much success down the years to accommodate him is daft. If Rafa was backed it would be more black and white than simply Mitro being sold and proving a world beater whilst Rafa prefers Joselu/Rondon.

The I get tired doing that tells you everything you need to know. Better teams can accommodate him but we need every player to have a serious engine.

This. The sensible solution was for Rafa to be backed with a striker he wanted. Whether it can be claimed Rondon is that backing is another matter.

However, assuming Rafa is leaving at the end of the season and we have only loaned Rondon, in retrospect it's a shame we didn't loan Mitro out. A new manager probably would have played to his strengths and can't help but feel that we'll be a lot weaker next summer without him.

Fuck this shit. Fuck this shit because Ashley is likely to be here still; so what's the point of the above? If that goes to plan (a new manager complementing Mitro), then I'm sure there is something else that Ashley would have fucked up.

Fuck this shit. Fuck this shit because Ashley is likely to be here still; so what's the point of the above? If that goes to plan (a new manager complementing Mitro), then I'm sure there is something else that Ashley would have fucked up.

Sorry mate, this is the Mitrovich thread. Obviously we could post on every thread that it's pointless discussing <insert thread name> because of Ashley, in which case let's lock the football forum down and replace with a sub-forum called Mike Ashley, with one thread also called Mike Ashley.

I’m sick of people apologising for Rafa on this one. When you have a striker like that in the club, you play to their strengths and they will get goals.

You get goals you stand a chance of winning games. It’s quite simple.

He played in a diabolical Steve McClaren side and then barely played for Rafa in a league that he would have torn up if let loose. That doesn’t count as a fair crack at it.

If we weren’t gonna play him, we should have loaned him out that season. He would have had a run of games and come back on form for last season perhaps.

It leaves a bad taste in the mouth that he’s a Fulham player now. I still wish him all the success in the world, he was black n white through n through. He still loves this club.

You're questioning a man that has won everything there is to win in the game!!! Saying Rafa should adapt his clearly very successful methods to accommodate one player is absolute lunacy.

'Ere Rafa, i know you've won multiple league titles, and the Champions League with a rank outsider but my expert opinion is that you're wrong and you should change your winning ways to work around Mitrovic because he's class' 

:dowie:

Guest firetotheworks

Not to mention that we were successful (won the Championship and finished 10th) in both seasons that Mitrovic wasn't getting a look in. Rafa's not free of criticism, but I'm yet to see a criticism of him where Mitrovic is concerned that actually makes any sense within the way Rafa has had us setup.

Not to mention that we were successful (won the Championship and finished 10th) in both seasons that Mitrovic wasn't getting a look in. Rafa's not free of criticism, but I'm yet to see a criticism of him where Mitrovic is concerned that actually makes any sense within the way Rafa has had us setup.

again, for me the mitrovic conversation is only a thing imo because we've not replaced him with someone demonstrably better

mitro will be a 15-20 striker in a team that suits him and is playing well creating plenty of chances, he's unlikely to ever better that or to become a top class striker

I'll put my hand up as someone who was foolish enough to think we'd spend the Mitrovic fee.

If we are not going to spend any money at all, then yes, every member of the squad is likely to be better than their replacements. Especially members of the squad who can be sold for high fees.

I'm glad he's said that tbf, otherwise I would be looking at his goals and wondering what Rafa's problem was. But you tend to find most winning managers tend to have quite high standards when it comes to pressing from the front, so now I'm thinking I would rather stick with the manager's philosophy on this one, considering his proven record of success with it. I don't know how Jokanovic will turn out in the long term, maybe his judgement on how to use Mitro will prove to be right. I just wish Rafa had been given that sort of money to spend this summer because I would definitely have backed him to finish higher up the table if he had.

I’m sick of people apologising for Rafa on this one. When you have a striker like that in the club, you play to their strengths and they will get goals.

You get goals you stand a chance of winning games. It’s quite simple.

He played in a diabolical Steve McClaren side and then barely played for Rafa in a league that he would have torn up if let loose. That doesn’t count as a fair crack at it.

If we weren’t gonna play him, we should have loaned him out that season. He would have had a run of games and come back on form for last season perhaps.

It leaves a bad taste in the mouth that he’s a Fulham player now. I still wish him all the success in the world, he was black n white through n through. He still loves this club.

You're questioning a man that has won everything there is to win in the game!!! Saying Rafa should adapt his clearly very successful methods to accommodate one player is absolute lunacy.

'Ere Rafa, i know you've won multiple league titles, and the Champions League with a rank outsider but my expert opinion is that you're wrong and you should change your winning ways to work around Mitrovic because he's class' 

:dowie:

I’m not sure if you’ve noticed but we play nothing like what Liverpool did when he was there.

We barely play the same way from game to game despite picking the same shite line up.

Respecting what Rafa has done in the game doesn’t shield him from criticism. He got it wrong here. By the time we sold Mitro it was fairly obvious that the money wouldn’t be spent. So if Rafa is prepared to walk away, why not leave at least a few players with promise in the squad.

Maybe the next manager would have rated him..

I watched every Fulham games this season and honestly Mitrovic did run around and gave pressures to opponent defenders, except for the final few minutes where he looked knackered.  His statement was strange imo. Rather than "his style not fit under Rafa", I would say it's  "he doesn't wanna run for Rafa".

Their relationship was broken down a long time ago, i think it's pretty clear.  Rafa was right to get rid of someone who doesn't want to work under him.  Rafa, however, should be questioned why the relationship with our most valuable asset (sadly) has worsened to the point of no return.

I watched every Fulham games this season and honestly Mitrovic did run around and gave pressures to opponent defenders, except for the final few minutes where he looked knackered.  His statement was strange imo. Rather than "his style not fit under Rafa", I would say it's  "he doesn't wanna run for Rafa".

Their relationship was broken down a long time ago, i think it's pretty clear.  Rafa was right to get rid of someone who doesn't want to work under him.  Rafa, however, should be questioned why the relationship with our most valuable asset (sadly) has worsened to the point of no return.

Lascelles?!

I'm sick of this thread already and it's only September  :lol:

Why question Rafa rather than Mitro? If he'd rather run around for Jokanovic wearing a Fulham shirt then he can fuck off anyway.

Lascelles?!

I'm sick of this thread already and it's only September  :lol:

At this moment I am pretty sure Mitrovic could get a higher transfer fee from the market.