Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

As if footballers wear shin pads because it's probably the most impact-prone region of the body playing the sport of football. Never ever a red card in a million years. Not 30 years ago, not today. Marriner is a corrupt cunt and his subsequent decisions only confirmed it.

He barely made contact with his shin, come away man.

If Coquelin had stood up and walked off (which he easily could have, as evidenced when he ran back on the pitch seconds later) - it would have been a yellow, at most.

The reaction bought the red card without a shadow of a doubt.

Barely made contact, you need your eyes checking.

You need your eyes checking mate. It's just not a Red Card. Costa/Rooney do that - they ain't getting sent off.

Guest neesy111

If Coquelin had stood up and walked off (which he easily could have, as evidenced when he ran back on the pitch seconds later) - it would have been a yellow, at most.

You need your eyes checking mate. It's just not a Red Card. Costa/Rooney do that - they ain't getting sent off.

Yeah fucking right, studs up on ankle is a red card.

Yeah f***ing right, studs up on ankle is a red card.

only with intent, if not every badly timed challenge is a red.

I'll remember your username and remember never to take anything you say seriously.

So weird that you think it's a red.

Guest neesy111

I'll remember your username and remember never to take anything you say seriously.

So weird that you think it's a red.

So weird I think a bad challenge can be a red card which most pundits on tv also think so, righteo.

hmm... i remember a certain Callum McManaman early in is career doing a horror-tackle on Massadio-Haidara & getting what again?  was Mitro's anything like that 'challenge'?

Good fucking post.

I can see why some could think it's a red, tbh. But it shows a fundamental lack of recognition for what the player was trying to do IMO. He tried to bring the ball down and the Arsenal player nicked in there first, simple as that. Add a scream and a bit of writhing around and hey presto the referee is conned.

Haidara also missed considerable time after wards. But nah man. Mitrovic deserved a red bc his studs were up and he got s foot down on poor Coqs foot and he jumped around like a fucking pansy and then came back and played.

:thup:

The more I see it the less it looks like a sending off, just tries to trap the ball.

About 5 mins too late unfortunately. If he'd even got close to a touch on the ball then he might have got away with it.

I can see why some could think it's a red, tbh. But it shows a fundamental lack of recognition for what the player was trying to do IMO. He tried to bring the ball down and the Arsenal player nicked in there first, simple as that. Add a scream and a bit of writhing around and hey presto the referee is conned.

Said exactly this at the time. Fuck knows when leaping into the air followed by a tuck and roll with scream became acceptable for an elite athlete.

hmm... i remember a certain Callum McManaman early in is career doing a horror-tackle on Massadio-Haidara & getting what again?  was Mitro's anything like that 'challenge'?

No, but it doesn't mean it wasn't dangerous.

I don't get why there's such an argument about it. Vast majority of pundits and NUFC fans can see why he gave a red. It's not like it's an outrageous decision.

I personally think it is a red. Can see why people think it's soft, but to hear people say "never a red" is ludicrous when basically 95% of all coverage of it has agreed that it was probably the right decision.

Martin Keown - ex-Arsenal player said it was a red.

The same bloke who thought Coquelin was going to die under Thauvin's "challenge".

I don't get why there's such an argument about it. Vast majority of pundits and NUFC fans can see why he gave a red. It's not like it's an outrageous decision.

I personally think it is a red. Can see why people think it's soft, but to hear people say "never a red" is ludicrous when basically 95% of all coverage of it has agreed that it was probably the right decision.

A... Do you think it would have been a red had Giroud done it ?

B....Do you think there was intent ?

The same bloke who thought Coquelin was going to die under Thauvin's "challenge".

I'm not watching MOTD so I have no idea what Keown said, but every single match report say it was deserved, all the BT commentators and pundits said it was deserved, and my eyes tell me that it's a perfectly legitimate red card. No intent, but it turned into a bad challenge.

Loads of people on here disagree with you, what's the big deal?

a) some days yes, some days no. Don't think anyone can say either way for sure.

b) No, but it's already been established that they don't take that into account.

Have to say I think your wrong. Look at every tackle in isolation like that and you can buiold a case. Colback was fouled at shin height with no attempt at playing tha ball, foul, no booking, it's letter of the law some times, not at others (and today that was obvious) not helped by by a ref who gave 2 bookings because someone told him to.

b) No, but it's already been established that they don't take that into account.

But he was sent off for the intent? The reason it was a red, was because he intended to do it. The referee believed he intended to hurt Coquelin.

He would not have been sent off, if the referee thought it was an accident as he is not seriously hurting a player - as he has stood on somebody's foot.

So your whole argument is wrong, if you believe there was no intent?

I'm not watching MOTD so I have no idea what Keown said, but every single match report say it was deserved, all the BT commentators and pundits said it was deserved, and my eyes tell me that it's a perfectly legitimate red card. No intent, but it turned into a bad challenge.

Loads of people on here disagree with you, what's the big deal?

Who said there was a big deal?

I'll rephrase the question, why don't you get that there's an argument about it? People see it different ways, no matter how many statistics you imagine.