Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Let's not make this a big club v small club thing. Giroud was sent off for something very similar to this two years ago against Fulham. His was an even worse decision by the ref.

This was the referee's mistake but it could have, and in fact has, happened to Arsenal before.

I've just found that on the video site and tbh they are completely different situations.  Giroud goes completely over the ball into the players ankle at speed and looks a potential leg breaker.

The Telegraph article strangely enough isn't overly, if at all critical about the challenge either, excusing him for a marginal touch on the ball.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10010579/Arsenal-to-appeal-against-Olivier-Girouds-red-card-for-tackle-on-Fulham-defender-Stanislav-Manolev.html

There's a load of neutrals talking about the challenge, I'd hazard a guess and say there isn't 95% of them claiming it was a red.

Congratulatons...you've found a link that allows you to back up your view. Please see every single match report as a means to up mine.

Anyway man, seriously what's the point. It was a red card (deserved or not). I can't be bothered to talk about it anymore.

I don't think it backs up my point of view does it?

It's pretty mixed. Just an example from a neutral and popular website that everyone outside of this forum doesn't think it was a red card.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/17/article-2294816-18BD34AD000005DC-314_634x431.jpg

Wasn't a red and nothing done in retrospect either. Was a million times worse.

I forgot how fucking diabolical that challenge was!  Martinez was a fucking disgrace after that match as well.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/17/article-2294816-18BD34AD000005DC-314_634x431.jpg

I forgot how f***ing diabolical that challenge was!  Martinez was a f***ing disgrace after that match as well.

Not even a yellow, think it got given as a foul so no retrospective action could be taken because the ref saw it.  That odious t*** Whealen  defended it as well

I forgot how f***ing diabolical that challenge was!  Martinez was a f***ing disgrace after that match as well.

Not even a yellow, think it got given as a foul so no retrospective action could be taken because the ref saw it.  That odious t*** Whealen  defended it as well

Wasn't even given as a foul.

No card, Haidara misses considerable amount of game time. And we've got people claiming Mitrovic's was deserved. Fucking hell have a word.

Didn't FIFA come out and say that the FA not being able to take retrospective action was bullshit anyway? They have the right but they just choose not to for some arbitrary reason.

Yeah the referee said he saw it but deemed it not to be a foul.

Some crap referee being crap 2 years ago is not really relevant to yesterday's match tbh.

Yeah I don't think the McManaman challenge has much relevance tbh. That just highlighted what a fucked up system we have.

I can see why people agree with the Mitrovic red card, I just think they're overestimating the severity of it because studs touched shin.

Guest Gino14

I'm not too incensed by this decision in isolation. It's a questionable red card but one where I can understand it and why it was given. In isolation it wouldn't be that bad. Something that does worry me is that Mitrovic has been pre judged as a Balotelli like figure and will probably be sent off again for something similar. Even before he got here the media were talking about his temperament and he'll always be a marked man by refs.

My main worry though is the stat I saw last night. We've had 15 red cards in the same time the next nearest team has had ten. Now each decision in isolation you may be able to write off and say fair enough, I get why that was given, but all together as a package we never get the benefit of the doubt the way other teams seem to. Robert Huth yesterday put his hand in someone's face, no red card. Charlie Adam finally got sent off yesterday and he's done about six or seven stamps or horror tackles in the past year. We've become the team where it's easy to just send a player off and nobody questions it. We don't have a team of ex Newcastle pundits who are totally biased and will question the decision no matter how correct it is, but we're just about big enough and hated enough to get everyone's attention. I wouldn't say we're a dirty, aggressive or tough tackling team really. We were getting hammered last season for not trying even.

It's just weird to me and a bit of an anomaly that we barely get penalties (I can't remember our last one despite blatant ones we should have had) and we get so many people sent off. I applaud Steve McClaren's stance on the Red Card, because whether he's right or wrong, we need to not be such a soft touch about all this. Refs need to know that when you send someone off, give a penalty against us, or don't give one for us, your decisions will be questioned and brought into the spotlight for review. We simply can't allow it to continue where we're the team it's easy to give no decisions to. It's really easy to justify, like last night when you can right it off and say "Oh well his studs were up so I can see why it was given." When you break it down though to 15 red cards in a time the next nearest team has had 10 it tells a different story. The same with the penalties. I've lost track of how many blatant hand ball penalties we didn't get last season. Each one in isolation a fair enough mistake maybe, but overall I bet we had less penalties than everyone else last season as well.

Its an indefensable red card. Over the top of the ball with studs into shin.  No point appealing cos it will just be increased to four games out if we do.  Sign  Austin now.  Mitro will be suspended for half the season as he is too stupid to learn from his errors of judgment.

We get it, you're the owld man who doesn't like the foreigners, get a nice bit of british beef in. You've made your point. Now pls stahp posting shite.

I'm not too incensed by this decision in isolation. It's a questionable red card but one where I can understand it and why it was given. In isolation it wouldn't be that bad. Something that does worry me is that Mitrovic has been pre judged as a Balotelli like figure and will probably be sent off again for something similar. Even before he got here the media were talking about his temperament and he'll always be a marked man by refs.

My main worry though is the stat I saw last night. We've had 15 red cards in the same time the next nearest team has had ten. Now each decision in isolation you may be able to write off and say fair enough, I get why that was given, but all together as a package we never get the benefit of the doubt the way other teams seem to. Robert Huth yesterday put his hand in someone's face, no red card. Charlie Adam finally got sent off yesterday and he's done about six or seven stamps or horror tackles in the past year. We've become the team where it's easy to just send a player off and nobody questions it. We don't have a team of ex Newcastle pundits who are totally biased and will question the decision no matter how correct it is, but we're just about big enough and hated enough to get everyone's attention. I wouldn't say we're a dirty, aggressive or tough tackling team really. We were getting hammered last season for not trying even.

It's just weird to me and a bit of an anomaly that we barely get penalties (I can't remember our last one despite blatant ones we should have had) and we get so many people sent off. I applaud Steve McClaren's stance on the Red Card, because whether he's right or wrong, we need to not be such a soft touch about all this. Refs need to know that when you send someone off, give a penalty against us, or don't give one for us, your decisions will be questioned and brought into the spotlight for review. We simply can't allow it to continue where we're the team it's easy to give no decisions to. It's really easy to justify, like last night when you can right it off and say "Oh well his studs were up so I can see why it was given." When you break it down though to 15 red cards in a time the next nearest team has had 10 it tells a different story. The same with the penalties. I've lost track of how many blatant hand ball penalties we didn't get last season. Each one in isolation a fair enough mistake maybe, but overall I bet we had less penalties than everyone else last season as well.

Good post.  I can't actually remember our last pen in the league.  Might be something really obvious but I can't remember it

Starting matches with the ref having a pre-concieved stance to be againt us has been an issue for years, since at least Howard Webb first darkened our doorstep.  At St James they want to be able to prove how 'tough' they are and won't be swayed by a large partisan crowd, but know they won't be able to get away with it at other large grounds either by their managers or the media, so we are the best fit for them to do this.