Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

It's a shame he couldn't get the goal to round off a very good performance but he needs to get that confidence sooner rather than later and it doesn't look like happening when he's completely missing the ball on cut-backs and missing 1-on-1's. As it is the way he plays is integral to allowing Wijnaldum to score the goals but that tactic will get sussed out soon I think and we really need him to be putting chances likes the ones he had today in the back of the net.

Brilliant today. Absolutely loved watching the lad put all his effort in. The part of his game that I've been impressed with the most is whenever the ball comes to him out of defence, for such a big lad, he not only holds up play well but can then pass or flick the ball out wide or through the center and we're suddenly in a dangerous attacking position. We haven't had such a striker since Shearer.

On another day, one of his shots would have gone in and he would probably be a strong contender for MOTM.

His link up and hold up play was absolutely superb today.

Just needs to start burying a few of the chances he gets.

He is good on the deck for a big fellow, his control is excellent, wherever the ball is played to him be it low or high. I'm certain the finishing will come because  his touch is so good,but he's just snatching a tad at the minute, possibly why he has so many air shots.

So much better than cisse. Yes papisse is more likely to score, but you have to absolutely carry him for 90 minutes. Mitro contributes a lot and we have shown we can score from midfield with gini and Perez and now hopefully shelvey.

He will never be prolific.

He will score 10-15 a year in the league. That's prolific enough if his hold up play remains as good as it is. His movement is also superb. If our players passed the ball to him more often, he'd be getting tap ins every damn game.

His overall play is class but he has to start scoring and soon, we aren't in the position to give him lots of time to work out where the goal is.

He has missed FAR too many great chances for us, really hope he turns it around.

Thought he was good, made some crazy passes and clearances stick. Still needs more crosses from wide areas, but I think he's close to a bit of a breakthrough.

With Shelvey here now we won't have to rely on our right side as much hopefully so we'll be getting less crosses in if anything

Can I ask why out of interest? At the exact same age, Shearer had scored 3 in 5 (the famous hat-trick), 0 in 10, 3 in 26, 4 in 36, then 13 in 41. It was that stage he got his move to Blackburn and he took off.

Mitrovic has a better record abroad and doesn't have the benefit of having the comfort of having his season aged 21 in an environment where he's grown over the years in familiar surroundings. I don't see why he can't go from the above figures to the 18-20 mark in a year or so because his all-round game imo is pretty spot on taking everything into account. To say he'll 'never be prolific' is bollocks. In fact I'm sure on one of those Premier League Heroes programmes with Shearer, I remember an interview being shown when he was a kid at Southampton saying something like, "I'm not prolific but I'm happy my game helps the team", or words of that nature. Look what happened to him.

He will come good, with time and a bit of patience. Have seen from a graphic today that he put in a hell of a shift and that's good for me. What I will say is that we still must go out and sign an experienced quality striker, to take some pressure off the kid.

I have a spider living on my veranda that can probably shoot better than Mitro at the moment. Excellent game despite the obvious lack of confidence in front of goal. The penalty he scored last game was immense and vital to his development IMO. Will only get better and better.

He will come good, with time and a bit of patience. Have seen from a graphic today that he put in a hell of a shift and that's good for me. What I will say is that we still must go out and sign an experienced quality striker, to take some pressure off the kid.

Right now we don't have the time to wait.

Right now we don't have the time to wait.

Why not? Can we not stay up and have a good season playing like today?

Can I ask why out of interest? At the exact same age, Shearer had scored 3 in 5 (the famous hat-trick), 0 in 10, 3 in 26, 4 in 36, then 13 in 41. It was that stage he got his move to Blackburn and he took off.

Mitrovic has a better record abroad and doesn't have the benefit of having the comfort of having his season aged 21 in an environment where he's grown over the years in familiar surroundings. I don't see why he can't go from the above figures to the 18-20 mark in a year or so because his all-round game imo is pretty spot on taking everything into account. To say he'll 'never be prolific' is bollocks. In fact I'm sure on one of those Premier League Heroes programmes with Shearer,0 I remember an interview being shown when he was a kid at Southampton saying something like, "I'm not prolific but I'm happy my game helps the team", or words of that nature. Look what happened to him.

:thup: