Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

You can see he's really green in certain situation and needs time on the ball. There's a player in there but it looks like it will take time. Could really do with another striker right now.

Don't think it will matter really, the league as a whole lacks quality which is evidenced by today considering West Ham are 5th and none of their players outside of Payet look particularly great to me.

If Shelvey and Wijnaldum continue to play like they can then we'll be fine regardless of what Mitrovic does.

Yep, what others have said. One of my fave toon players since he's joined but he's absolutely dogshit as a finisher. A team trying to stay up shouldn't be relying on someone so green to lead the line and bang them in to keep them up. An abortion of a signing in that context, as he needs a genuine finisher ahead of him in the pecking order while he adjusts to this league, or next to him, banging in those chestballs and headers. Incredibly frustrating to watch him in front of goal, I'm constantly yelling "shoot you bastard!"

Yep, what others have said. One of my fave toon players since he's joined but he's absolutely dogshit as a finisher. A team trying to stay up shouldn't be relying on someone so green to lead the line and bang them in to keep them up. An abortion of a signing in that context, as he needs a genuine finisher ahead of him in the pecking order while he adjusts to this league, or next to him, banging in those chestballs and headers. Incredibly frustrating to watch him in front of goal, I'm constantly yelling "shoot you b******!"

Put him on a diet like Anderlecht did, and he will get quicker.

Yep, what others have said. One of my fave toon players since he's joined but he's absolutely dogshit as a finisher. A team trying to stay up shouldn't be relying on someone so green to lead the line and bang them in to keep them up. An abortion of a signing in that context, as he needs a genuine finisher ahead of him in the pecking order while he adjusts to this league, or next to him, banging in those chestballs and headers. Incredibly frustrating to watch him in front of goal, I'm constantly yelling "shoot you bastard!"

Totally agree. It's going to be a long nervy season unless we get a 1/3 type striker in.

Still love him, he grafts his fucking bollocks off all match and is handy in possession in build up play and then gets nervous around the box - funny the few smacks he took were actually where he looked most comfortable. Goals will come for him, needs to be a little more ruthless and stop placing these damn shots too :lol:

He will come good, with time and a bit of patience. Have seen from a graphic today that he put in a hell of a shift and that's good for me. What I will say is that we still must go out and sign an experienced quality striker, to take some pressure off the kid.

Right now we don't have the time to wait.

Why not? Can we not stay up and have a good season playing like today?

I fear not. Just don't believe we'll consistently perform like that for the rest of the season, obviously hope I am wrong though.

We'd have scored 4 or 5 today with a proper centre forward.

Correct, but he has it in him to be just that.

That remains to be seen. I hope you're right. Actually his general all round play outside the penalty area was really good but he's an awful finisher. I always think a strikers instinct is one thing you can't teach someone.

He's everything our recent ball bag forwards haven't been in recent years. Good attitude, works his arse off for the team and is prepared to go toe to toe with any fu**er in the league. Defenders are scared of him. Once he bags a few from open play he won't look back.

Hope he's the next to wear the no.9 shirt, he's certainly worthy of it.

Really like the lad. His confidence took a bump but he's overcoming it. Just remember his age...

I love the bloke. Give him time. Not every foreign player hits the ground running, especially playing in a poor team for the majority of the games so far. He's young and this experience will do him the world of good. I know we need goals now, but he's the best we have and he needs our backing and support, he seems to feed of it.

His link up play could be out of this world but he needs to start finishing some of the gilt-edged chances he's getting. Forget adjusting to the league, the language barrier and all that shit, he's either missing the target or hitting it straight at the keeper and it's got to stop. I like him, I think he'll get even better but he's got to score more.

That remains to be seen. I hope you're right. Actually his general all round play outside the penalty area was really good but he's an awful finisher. I always think a strikers instinct is one thing you can't teach someone.

I think he's got that instinct, but is lack confidence and form whilst having to step up in a much tougher league when his team is doing shite. It's a hard place to shine. Think once the team turns round we will see a lot more from him including goals.

In the future it'll be him grabbing games by the scruff of the neck and dragging players across the line. But all that is just games away from him, we've got to stick by him, keep him on the pitch and reap the rewards when it finally all clicks.

He will never be prolific.

Can I ask why out of interest? At the exact same age, Shearer had scored 3 in 5 (the famous hat-trick), 0 in 10, 3 in 26, 4 in 36, then 13 in 41. It was that stage he got his move to Blackburn and he took off.

Mitrovic has a better record abroad and doesn't have the benefit of having the comfort of having his season aged 21 in an environment where he's grown over the years in familiar surroundings. I don't see why he can't go from the above figures to the 18-20 mark in a year or so because his all-round game imo is pretty spot on taking everything into account. To say he'll 'never be prolific' is bollocks. In fact I'm sure on one of those Premier League Heroes programmes with Shearer, I remember an interview being shown when he was a kid at Southampton saying something like, "I'm not prolific but I'm happy my game helps the team", or words of that nature. Look what happened to him.

Yeah, Demba Ba would have had 2 or 3 today.

Misstrovic is a good all around player, but he is paid to score goals, the one thing missing from his game. Hope we aren't relegated on the back of that fact.

Yeah, Demba Ba would have had 2 or 3 today.

Misstrovic is a good all around player, but he is paid to score goals, the one thing missing from his game. Hope we aren't relegated on the back of that fact.

:lol:

Comparing a rough diamond early in his career in a new league versus a seasoned pro on top of his game.