Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

People always say that you need to give time for these players to learn the country and the league in general but when it comes down to it nobody actually wants to give them that time. He's played 17 games and not all of them have been starts much less 90 minute appearances.

Yet have already decided what he is and what he always will be and none of that will ever change apparently.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm fickle and I change my mind, shoot me. I've made my mind up though, he's bobbins.

You changing your mind again?

Fuck off Pardew's bitch!

His main problem is he's still not fit enough for the pace of the league, by the time he gets a chance he's fucking knackered and can hardly lift his feet. I think he'll come good in time, his hold up play was excellent yesterday.

I rate this kid like.

Just needs to be more clinical with his finishing.

I rate him too, but can't help thinking rating a striker who needs to be "more clinical with his finishing", is a bit like rating a surgeon (great bedside manner, and clearly knows his stuff, advises the rest of the team wonderfully!) who needs to be a bit more accurate with his cutting.

I rate this kid like.

I rate him too, but can't help thinking rating a striker who needs to be "more clinical with his finishing", is a bit like rating a surgeon (great bedside manner, and clearly knows his stuff, advises the rest of the team wonderfully!) who needs to be a bit more accurate with his cutting.

Not really. Football isn't a matter of life and death..

I rate this kid like.

:lol:

"No, it's much more than that."

:razz:

Aye, I agree. To be a great striker you need to be scoring goals, that is your main job after all. Think he's doing fantastically well as a target man for now though. We aren't playing to his goalscoring strengths with our narrow play like, but ultimately he should be doing better with the chances he's had.

I rate this kid like.

Aye, I agree. To be a great striker you need to be scoring goals, that is your main job after all. Think he's doing fantastically well as a target man for now though. We aren't playing to his goalscoring strengths with our narrow play like, but ultimately he should be doing better with the chances he's had.

I set it up for Altamullan to finish off the quote since he loves his retro rhymes :lol:

I rate this kid like.

I set it up for Altamullan to finish off the quote since he loves his retro rhymes :lol:

Tiz true, my good man. As per, I missed a gaping empty net: Al= "...Alek is the name that I go by"! (tad cruel...)

His main problem is he's still not fit enough for the pace of the league, by the time he gets a chance he's fucking knackered and can hardly lift his feet. I think he'll come good in time, his hold up play was excellent yesterday.

Not sure fitness is the problem, he was everywhere yesterday and that was evidenced by the heat map or whatever it is going around. He is probably going to have to focus his areas of play to leave himself some fuel in the tank as you say.

I don't think anyone can underestimate the shape of this team with Mitrovic leading the line. Regardless of his goals, he's a part of the jigsaw that gets Wij, Sissoko and now Shelvey on the ball so much.

Looking at Newcastle teams in the past, he provides quality striker link up play which we've not had certainly since Carroll who really wasn't first choice all that long.

Shola never mastered it, Viduka was way past his best and Shearer was so unfortunate with injuries, certainly in the latter part of his career.

Mitro has the core to be a very good striker - if he can add the finishing to his game I can see him being a very successful Premier League striker.

Even for now he adds a massive focal point for our attack and causes defenders constant headaches.

If he can bring the hold up play he showed against West Ham into away games, he'll be utterly essential to us. That's one of the things we've lacked away from home, the ball is constantly coming back at us with no one to hold it up.

Would everybody be willing to give Elliot more time if he was excellent at goal kicks and catching crosses, but poor at stopping shots?

What a f***ing preposterous analogy this is. :lol:

:thup: :lol: Mental.

The analogy is fine, as analogies go. Main difference is that nobody else is going to do the shot stopping (well, occasional body in the way/on the line may help) whereas Mitro's effectivenss at other aspects of his game (of his kind of striker's game) increase the likelihood of other scoring (metaphorically shot stopping). That said, PLEASE score Alek!

He's definitely the focal point of all our attacking play and it's brilliant to have our striker come in deep to get involved with play and give the midfield that extra bit of support. The way he plays is absolutely essential for allowing Wijnaldum to score as many as he has this season for me as Mitro always has 2 or 3 defenders around him, giving Gini that freedom to break out of nowhere and convert the chances he does.

It's no surprise Cisse went to shit as soon Pardew implemented 4-2-3-1 because all he was doing was sitting at the top of the pitch, contributing absolutely nothing and simply just waiting to bury whatever solitary chance came his way. Mitrovic on the other hand is now doing all of what I said above in this formation which is great, but all he is missing is the confidence and the ability to put the ball in the back of the net. His penalty against Man U was completely shit (and had De Gea not just went the wrong way it would have been easily saved) and proved how much he's lacking confidence in front of goal at the moment. The thin air kick and the 1-on-1 miss also prove that too.

If he can bang in 2 or 3 in a row I reckon it'll be the game changer for him and he'll start putting them in on a regular basis, because the ability is definitely there and he does have a strikers instinct - he just needs to get that confidence.