Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

His sluggish pace is starting to worry me a bit. I think he will only thrive with goals from built up play where he finishes something off without having to dribble and he's had plenty of time to get in to position. In this counter attacking system he can only at best be a person who holds up the ball as he can't get in behind anyone.

We can't play to his strengths and the lack of return on goals will see us get relegated sadly.

We've definitely got to be more intelligent about the way we play the ball up to him and/or the movement around him. Against West Ham and Man Utd we played the balls up to him at a height where he could use his body to hold the ball up - usually chest height or below. A lot of the balls up to him yesterday were aimless balls that we hoped he'd win in the air. On the occasions he did win it and flick it on, there was nobody running on to it and he was completely isolated.

His sluggish pace is starting to worry me a bit. I think he will only thrive with goals from built up play where he finishes something off without having to dribble and he's had plenty of time to get in to position. In this counter attacking system he can only at best be a person who holds up the ball as he can't get in behind anyone.

We can't play to his strengths and the lack of return on goals will see us get relegated sadly.

He's looked better with the ball at his feet tbf, that was horrific yesterday though. Obviously you don't expect him to turn into Aguero in that situation but he needs to force something. He's young and probably really low on confidence, I just hope we marginalise him too soon, it's really not necisarry.

I like him and I can definitely see him as our #9 one day. He's not there yet though. Kid is only born '94 as well. Didn't even see Romario win a World Cup so to write him off is stupid.

In other words we do need another striker, preferably a bit older and maybe a short-term option? I think Remy on loan is the best and most realistic signing we could make right now.

He's looked better with the ball at his feet tbf, that was horrific yesterday though. Obviously you don't expect him to turn into Aguero in that situation but he needs to force something. He's young and probably really low on confidence, I just hope we marginalise him too soon, it's really not necisarry.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Spy-Kids-better-look-closer.gif

"Not doing a lot wrong" isn't a positive.

Did you watch the game or are you looking at the stats?

I watched the full game and thought he was very poor. Doubt he'll get more than a 5/10 from any of the reporters there yesterday. In saying that, bar maybe the first 20 minutes nobody really had a decent game other than perhaps Elliott and Janmaat. For such an important game the worrying thing was there didn't seem much urgency to go and win it, especially against a team who had lost their last 4 league games.

I've already said on this thread that he doesn't look like a natural finisher, but he didn't miss any real howlers yesterday. He played pretty well, but we shouldn't be relying on him as our no 1 striker.

If you think he played pretty well yesterday then you are very easily pleased. Average would be being generous to him. I thought he was poor.

I just find it ironic that TCD used to be all like Allardyce where Cisse was derided as only a finisher and now when we've got a striker who is doing everything right but finish suddenly he's not doing enough.

All I've said is 'not doing anything wrong' isn't a positive.  Which it isn't lol. 

Cisse is a poacher who has scored something like 14 league goals in 2 1/2 years. He's not prolific enough to be a long term solution given his poor all round game.  And even still... if he was fit I would have him playing fairly regular either with Mitro, from the bench or sometimes in place of Mitro. 

Mitrovic I like the lad. But he doesn't score enough goals. He doesn't look like he has that killer sense or finish. He doesn't look like he'll get 8-10 goals and we probably need a 12-15 goal striker. I like the lad a lot but he's too inexperienced to have the pressure of keeping us up.  I always wanted another proven striker and that hasn't changed.

Lewandowski was once notorious for doing lots of things right except scoring/finishing, not until he has blossomed in Dortmund.  I think I see sth similar in Mitrovic - too talented in a small league didnt help to treasure the chances because its too easy to get.  And now he understands how important it is and he is catching up slowly and badly.

I like him, but he's never going to be prolific and he looks shot to bits at the minute.  Low on confidence and playing in a team that concedes shit goals on a regular basis and doesn't create a great deal anyway. 

Not really the best combo.  Sign a striker or we're down. 

I was saying the other day, we've already got two more players in than I expected.  So I was quite pleased with the window so far.  But I just don't see us scoring on a regular basis, unless we get a goalscorer in. 

Lewandowski was once notorious for doing lots of things right except scoring/finishing, not until he has blossomed in Dortmund.  I think I see sth similar in Mitrovic - too talented in a small league didnt help to treasure the chances because its too easy to get.  And now he understands how important it is and he is catching up slowly and badly.

Apart from his 1 in 2 goal-scoring record you mean? 68 goals in 117 games before joining them.

The lad didn't' have many problems finding the net against Arsenal and Dortmund in the Champions League, so I know he can do it. I just don't think we provide the quality in service enough and over time, that lack for service has spiraled in to no goals and lowering confidence for when a chance does come his way.

If you look at his goal against Arsenal last season, he never seems to attack a ball into the box that well for us. He's often caught on his heels whereas he attacked that ball really well to win the header

• 2 weeks later...