Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Given my confessed love for Mitro, I'm not the best person to defend him. But whilst the tackle was absolutely horrible, I really don't think he tried to kill the opponent with his tackle. Strikers can't tackle for s***. Fully deserved red card, but I mean, it was a poor tackle. The way people are going on it sounds like he was out to f***ing kill the guy.

:thup:

Sorry, but in exactly what situation do any footballers try to kill the other person? :lol: I don't think even Ben Thatcher was trying to kill Pedro Mendes, so I'm not sure this argument holds up. It wasn't a poor tackle, it was an obvious, deliberate stamp, which could have broken his leg on the last day of the season before the euros, it was really dangerous and a properly scummy thing to do. Completely indefensible.

Don't think you realize the pace the game is played at. It was dangerous, stupid and deservedly a red. I (putting emphasis on that just for you KI) don't think it was a deliberate stamp to break his leg like you're making it. But I'm not going to debate it with you as it's just going to turn into an obnoxious dicussion.

Given my confessed love for Mitro, I'm not the best person to defend him. But whilst the tackle was absolutely horrible, I really don't think he tried to kill the opponent with his tackle. Strikers can't tackle for s***. Fully deserved red card, but I mean, it was a poor tackle. The way people are going on it sounds like he was out to f***ing kill the guy.

:thup:

Sorry, but in exactly what situation do any footballers try to kill the other person? :lol: I don't think even Ben Thatcher was trying to kill Pedro Mendes, so I'm not sure this argument holds up. It wasn't a poor tackle, it was an obvious, deliberate stamp, which could have broken his leg on the last day of the season before the euros, it was really dangerous and a properly scummy thing to do. Completely indefensible.

Don't think you realize the pace the game is played at. It was dangerous, stupid and deservedly a red. I (putting emphasis on that just for you KI) don't think it was a deliberate stamp to break his leg like you're making it. But I'm not going to debate it with you as it's just going to turn into an obnoxious dicussion.

x2 :thup:

A couple of his goals were penalties so it's not like he scored all his goals from open play. He has missed more than a couple of chances. He's missed loads.

He's given himself 4 games off for the start of next season.

I'll leave his future with NUFC up to Rafa.

Is it not 3 games?

A couple of his goals were penalties so it's not like he scored all his goals from open play. He has missed more than a couple of chances. He's missed loads.

He's given himself 4 games off for the start of next season.

I'll leave his future with NUFC up to Rafa.

Is it not 3 games?

Been sent off already this season, so gets the extra game.

Guest firetotheworks

I didn't say that he deliberately tried to break his leg ffs.[emoji38]I said it was a deliberate stamp. If you don't think it was then you're kidding yourself imo, it was as obvious as it gets.

I didn't say that he deliberately tried to break his leg ffs.[emoji38]I said it was a deliberate stamp. If you don't think it was then you're kidding yourself imo, it was as obvious as it gets.

It's a deliberate stamp, in that he was trying to get his body in-between the ball and Walker as quickly as he could, and he misjudged it. It's a blatant red, I just don't think there was any malaise there.

It feels like some are viewing the Championship as some sort of semi-pro carry-on league. It's not, obviously. Today's s*** won't pass and the ref thing wouldn't pass anywhere. I was very surprised the ref was so lenient, today.

That's  quite interesting, as the difference between the level of quality in the prem and the Championship is routinely described as a gulf or chasm

It is a chasm, but it's the strikers with pace or clever movement who will tend to give championship defenders more trouble I would have thought, I'm not sure they'll have much problem with someone who's strong and decent in the air. Most championship defenders are okay in that department I'd have thought.

If he didn't intend to stamp it was probably the slowest reaction ever from a professional footballer

I didn't see it as a stamp per se, more of a studs showing straight leg knowing you're getting the other player. Still a terrible tackle, but a stamp for me is the Roy Keane on Gareth Southgate type.

Either way it's still indefensible.

It feels like some are viewing the Championship as some sort of semi-pro carry-on league. It's not, obviously. Today's s*** won't pass and the ref thing wouldn't pass anywhere. I was very surprised the ref was so lenient, today.

That's  quite interesting, as the difference between the level of quality in the prem and the Championship is routinely described as a gulf or chasm

It is a chasm, but it's the strikers with pace or clever movement who will tend to give championship defenders more trouble I would have thought, I'm not sure they'll have much problem with someone who's strong and decent in the air. Most championship defenders are okay in that department I'd have thought.

Fair comment, speedster types with limited skill levels have done well the likes of Harewood. Just feel it would be mad to bin a physical type like Mitro without trying him.out there. In Rafa we trust, hopefully

The way people are talking the CB's in the Championship are doorman for the hardest nightclub from planet Bruce Lee.

FFS, he'd be fine in the Championship, well when he's on the pitch and not suspended, or rolling around like a fairy.

Fair comment, speedster types with limited skill levels have done well the likes of Harewood. Just feel it would be mad to bin a physical type like Mitro without trying him.out there. In Rafa we trust, hopefully

I don't think we should bin him at all, even though I've been critical of his finishing. I'm just not convinced yet that he's got enough goals in him despite some good attributes. Benitez likes to play with one striker, so that striker has to be a 20 goals a season man for me.