Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Guest neesy111

The reactions to a good majority if our fans to him coming back is slightly embarrassing tbh.  It's like we've got a 30 goal season striker coming back.

Is it? We have one striker right now (excluding Armstrong who probably will go out on loan). Personally i think he will do well for us :thup: He will give us something else, another option.

Guest neesy111

Is it? We have one striker right now (excluding Armstrong who probably will go out on loan). Personally i think he will do well for us :thup: He will give us something else, another option.

People thought he was the answer last season to our problems, instead he was part of the problem.

People thought he was the answer last season to our problems, instead he was part of the problem.

:rolleyes:

The reactions to a good majority if our fans to him coming back is slightly embarrassing tbh.  It's like we've got a 30 goal season striker coming back.

Wouldn't say it is embarrassing as such, but generally agree. He's not shown nearly enough so far to warrant the excitement IMO.

Hopefully he has a good season.

Guest neesy111

Wouldn't say it is embarrassing as such, but generally agree. He's not shown nearly enough so far to warrant the excitement IMO.

That's why I said slightly [emoji38]. I just don't agree with how he's being introduced as some saviour to our whole team.

I think it's primarily due to him being exactly what we've missed in the opening games: a link from midfield to attack. Our gameplan is crying out for him, which as hinted in a previous post is probably intentional in preparation for his return.

I think it's primarily due to him being exactly what we've missed in the opening games: a link from midfield to attack. Our gameplan is crying out for him, which as hinted in a previous post is probably intentional in preparation for his return.

Hope you're right. Needs to massively improve his finishing this season though.

I agree that his finishing has been poor. But don't forget that there's been a lot of weight on his shoulders, a lot of pressure on a 21 year old playing his first season in a new league. Never mind in a non functioning team...

Feels like people forget this at times...

Yep, that's precisely it. It's easy to fall into the trap of lauding a player when he's out of the team; but with every passing game it just seems increasingly likely that he'll be pretty useful in this division. Especially with a fast, clinical striker alongide him and (hopefully) two decent wingers either side. As Dave says, he'll need to improve his finishing to be really effective - but we'll get goals as a direct result of him being in the side, whether he's the one converting them or not.

Neck on the line I can see him getting about 10-12 and Gayle getting 15-20.

Yep, that's precisely it. It's easy to fall into the trap of lauding a player when he's out of the team; but with every passing game it just seems increasingly likely that he'll be pretty useful in this division. Especially with a fast, clinical striker alongide him and (hopefully) two decent wingers either side. As Dave says, he'll need to improve his finishing to be really effective. But we'll get goals as a direct result of him being in the side, whether he's converting them or not.

I'd personally be disappointed now if Gayle only gets 11-16 in the next 42. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Yep, that's precisely it. It's easy to fall into the trap of lauding a player when he's out of the team; but with every passing game it just seems increasingly likely that he'll be pretty useful in this division. Especially with a fast, clinical striker alongide him and (hopefully) two decent wingers either side. As Dave says, he'll need to improve his finishing to be really effective - but we'll get goals as a direct result of him being in the side, whether he's the one converting them or not.

We'll be finishing around 12th if that's the case. 

Yep, that's precisely it. It's easy to fall into the trap of lauding a player when he's out of the team; but with every passing game it just seems increasingly likely that he'll be pretty useful in this division. Especially with a fast, clinical striker alongide him and (hopefully) two decent wingers either side. As Dave says, he'll need to improve his finishing to be really effective. But we'll get goals as a direct result of him being in the side, whether he's converting them or not.

I'd personally be disappointed now if Gayle only gets 11-16 in the next 42. :lol:

So would I.

Well no, we wouldn't necesarrily - not at all. We'll have a lot of 1-0 wins this season. Plus others will score. Diame/Ritchie could get 10 each if their reputations are anything to go by.

Carroll and Lovenkrands got less than 30 league goals between them last time we went up.

Guest neesy111

Well no, we wouldn't necesarrily - not at all. We'll have a lot of 1-0 wins this season.

Carroll and Lovenkrands got less than 30 goals between them last time we went up.

We still scored 90 goals that season.  Tell me where the rest of the goals are going to come from?

Guest neesy111

Well no, we wouldn't necesarrily - not at all. We'll have a lot of 1-0 wins this season. Plus others will score. Diame/Ritchie could get 10 each if their reputations are anything to go by.

Carroll and Lovenkrands got less than 30 league goals between them last time we went up.

We are not going to have many 1-0 wins imo, our defence is nowhere near good enough for it.

Well no, we wouldn't necesarrily - not at all. We'll have a lot of 1-0 wins this season.

Carroll and Lovenkrands got less than 30 goals between them last time we went up.

We still scored 90 goals that season.  Tell me where the rest of the goals are going to come from?

The rest of the squad.

We won't score anything like 90 goals this time round, but we might still go up.