Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Can't wait for his interview after signing (providing medial is OK) when he comes out with "it's an honour to be here, I always wanted to sign for Newcastle United (providing Roma or Porto didn't come in for me LOL)"

Take a look at what Villa's new signing has said. :anguish:

Why do we take so long to finalise anything, does Ashley take them on a tour of local s**** Direct shops to see if they want some awful clobber?

Probably just having a medical.

Since yesterday afternoon?  Who is doing the medical, Harold Shipman?

Can't wait for his interview after signing (providing medial is OK) when he comes out with "it's an honour to be here, I always wanted to sign for Newcastle United (providing Roma or Porto didn't come in for me LOL)"

Amavi or Gueye ? I've looked but can't see owt.

Guest Roger Kint

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2528701/aston-villa-signing-idrissa-gueye-wants-future-big-club-move

New Aston Villa signing Idrissa Gueye has told L'Equipe he aims to use the Premier League side as a stepping stone to a big club.

After shining in Ligue 1, Senegal international Gueye now hopes to do the same in the Premier League to earn a move to one of Europe's biggest clubs.

"I wanted a change of scenery," he said. "The most important thing was to come to England to improve and aim for a big club later.

Guest Roger Kint

Villa are not having a good week :)

Delph and now this chap.  Obviously Benteke going as well!

Signed a really good LB though, was hoping we would be in for him

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2528701/aston-villa-signing-idrissa-gueye-wants-future-big-club-move

New Aston Villa signing Idrissa Gueye has told L'Equipe he aims to use the Premier League side as a stepping stone to a big club.

After shining in Ligue 1, Senegal international Gueye now hopes to do the same in the Premier League to earn a move to one of Europe's biggest clubs.

"I wanted a change of scenery," he said. "The most important thing was to come to England to improve and aim for a big club later.

Fucking Hell, What a terrible thing to say, If I was Villa Manager I would drop him week after week for saying shit like that, Trouble is, he is probably one of their best players so they are just going to have to suck it up...

:lol: Sucks, but you can't fault his honesty.

Don't think there's anything particularly wrong with what he's said. There's no prior association between him and Villa, they're a lower level prem team and he wants to progress in his career. That's fine as long as he plays well. It's players who kiss the badge and then fuck off ala Delph that are the real cunts. I don't expect any of our signings to really give  a shit about the club. They're here to play and get paid. We're not particularly well regarded anymore, the atmosphere in the stadium is shite most weeks and we have little chance of winning anything with these owners. Why would someone from France, Holland or Serbia pretend to give a shit about my club?

When you are informed that you have been selected for the next job you get, you tell them your aim is to be at a higher achieving rival in the next few years, and you come back and share the result with us.

It shows a lack of tact and common sense from the player.

All that's true, it's just a bit galling to hear someone say "I'm pleased to be here, can't wait to leave for somewhere better". Everyone knows there's no loyalty, but howay, at least make it seem like you value your new employer a bit.

I can see your point, but I'd rather have that level of honest. It depends on how the question was fielded to the player as well tbf. Also, naming another club you want to play for ala Konoplyanka is a dick move. Just keep if vague ffs. Saying all this, it's cynical and shit but like any human being you can form an emotional attachment to a club. I bet Joey Barton / Kevin Nolan / Lovenkrands, couldn't give a shit about this club before they came here.

I don't expect any player to love my club and I know they would move on if Real Madrid came in. But there's that and then there's saying you're just waiting for a better option before you've even played.

That said, I also don't expect footballers to have any sense or be any good in interviews.

Aye but I can't ignore his accuracy. Btw the sky video of him arriving at the Nuffield is blatantly his brother. I hope we are not being sold the wrong brother ;)