Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Don’t think I’ve seen any ‘graft’ from Joselu without the ball other than his debut.

He’s inferior in every way possible like. The softest big striker I think we’ve ever had.

I could understand Mitro being ostracised if we had a better option than him at the club, we don’t. You can argue Gayle and Perez suit Rafa’s style better, which I agree with - but Gayle’s goalscoring has been atrocious at this level and Mitro even in his debut season has a much better record at this level.

Mitro and Perez complement each other really well too.

Would we be where we are if mitro had of started all the games? Hmmm, I doubt it.

Don't even know why this is an issue to be honest, all parties are happy.

I agree with you on us not being where we are if Mitro starts, but I don't think we'd have won any of the last three, or Manchester United if Joselu had started either. When Gayle or Slimani are avaliable it's fine. But I think he's a better backup than what we have.

Rafa is just flat out wrong on this one, he doesn't get much wrong but fuck knows how he could prefer Hoss-a-loo lumbering around or Gayle to Mits. Just plain weird, he scores in every other team he plays for constantly. Couldn't care less if he's shite and lazy in training if he's doing his fucking job every week.

Nah, you're wrong

Great argument  :lol:

It's ok to love Rafa and admit he's wrong once in a blue moon kinell  :lol:

OK, well first and foremost he doesn't fit into our system, despite what you think of Gayle and.joselu in front of goal they follow Rafas instructions and work their arses off, this has a positive knock on effect for the rest of the team - defend from the front and all that. This is the fundamental reason he was never picked.

Then you've got the rumours of.him not doing as he's told in training, not really endearing himself to the manager.

Last season there were a few occasions where he started where he showed zero striker.instinct

He's also mental.

That aside.i quite like him and hope.he does well but Rafa got this one bang on especially if we end up picking up 20million for him.

First point - 21 year old moves to prem from foreign league playing up top for a shit team, isn't immediately perfectly disciplined. Kick him out! Jesus, can't tactical discipline be drilled into a lad over time? A bit of a season and a few starts in the championship is enough now to determine he's a lost cause?

Second point - work with him, put an arm around him, fine him.

Third point - show me games this year when any of our carthorse strikers have shown instinct

He's mental. Yes, maybe.

None of those points shows Rafa got it bang on at all. It's all opinion and rumour. Granted my opinion is also just that  :lol:

Find it a bit weird how some people seem to think pleasing one player is worth more than the bigger picture.

We've done absolutely fine without Mitrovic and he's done well for himself out on loan, what's the point of worrying about what could have been? There's just as much evidence to say he'd have scored those Fulham goals for us as there is to say we'd be in the relegation zone right now had we played him more. Precisely nil.

If we were doing shite, fine. If we had a shite manager that couldn't be trusted, fine. Neither of those things are the case though.

It hasn't worked out for Mitrovic here, get over it.

Find it a bit weird how some people seem to think pleasing one player is worth more than the bigger picture.

We've done absolutely fine without Mitrovic and he's done well for himself out on loan, what's the point of worrying about what could have been? There's just as much evidence to say he'd have scored those Fulham goals for us as there is to say we'd be in the relegation zone right now had we played him more. Precisely nil.

If we were doing shite, fine. If we had a shite manager that couldn't be trusted, fine. Neither of those things are the case though.

This, a million times. 1. Gayle scored for fun in the championship in a less attacking team than Fulham, look at him at this level. 2. If Rafa can't work with a player, ditch the player. He has improved so many of our team we had written off he's allowed to get rid of one he hasn't got the patience for.

Don’t think I’ve seen any ‘graft’ from Joselu without the ball other than his debut.

He’s inferior in every way possible like. The softest big striker I think we’ve ever had.

I could understand Mitro being ostracised if we had a better option than him at the club, we don’t. You can argue Gayle and Perez suit Rafa’s style better, which I agree with - but Gayle’s goalscoring has been atrocious at this level and Mitro even in his debut season has a much better record at this level.

Mitro and Perez complement each other really well too.

Would we be where we are if mitro had of started all the games? Hmmm, I doubt it.

Don't even know why this is an issue to be honest, all parties are happy.

I’m not necessarily advocating for Mitro to start every week, as I said, Gayle/Perez suit our system better.

Do I think we’d have more points if Mitro had played the minutes that Joselu has? Yes.

I think most accept it hasn't worked out for him, those questioning it are just wondering what could have been. Nowt wrong with debating that is there?

We've done fantastic this year in the end, don't think anyone is arguing that. I don't think anyone wants to "please one player" over the team either. What if a young lad, from another league, plonked in a shit team and expected to score 15+ in his first season, was instead given a bit of time to integrate and learn the tactical discipline required for a Rafa team, instead of being tossed on our scrapheap? All that going on while Gayle and the other lump have scored like 5 between them. Well maybe Rafa just decided that he can't and that's that. Fine.

Anyway, he's finished here, just hope we get a fair amount of dosh from the inevitable sale and it can be re-invested properly.

It's not about pleasing a player though. Why on earth should we not seek to get better? Yes, we're doing well, but that's hardly mainly down to our strikers. It hasn't worked out for Mitro for a number of reasons. Even with that said, he had a decent first season here. With game time, patience and trust/love from Rafa, I reckon he'd do very well here.

It's not about pleasing a player though. Why on earth should we not seek to get better? Yes, we're doing well, but that's hardly mainly down to our strikers. It hasn't worked out for Mitro for a number of reasons. Even with that said, he had a decent first season here. With game time, patience and trust/love from Rafa, I reckon he'd do very well here.

It's weird because i'd guess that Rafa would probably be the perfect father-figure type coach to put an arm around him and guide him. By all accounts, Rafa is not the cold distant bloke Gerrard claimed he used to be in his Liverpool days.

We've excelled this year despite our strikers, not because of them. Everything behind them is so well drilled and yes, that is 1 million percent down to Rafa.

admittedly just going off highlights but he seems more focussed.

spent a lot of his time here looking for freekicks, and getting into needless tangles. also positionally found wanting on several occasions. ball would be played across the face of goal and he'd be nowhere to be seen.

maybe this loan spell is just what he needed. his manager there is serb too i think so may have something to do with it.

also we dont know what went on in training.

shelvey's got turned himself round, may be mitro will also.

admittedly just going off highlights but he seems more focussed.

spent a lot of his time here looking for freekicks, and getting into needless tangles. also positionally found wanting on several occasions. ball would be played across the face of goal and he'd be nowhere to be seen.

maybe this loan spell is just what he needed. his manager there is serb too i think so may have something to do with it.

also we dont know what went on in training.

shelvey's got turned himself round, may be mitro will also.

:thup:

I agree with huss9. I think Mitro has learned to show some focus that we never saw. He's become a different, better player. Rafa didn't play him ahead of Murphy in the Championship for a reason.

The possibility is slim, but this even could work out as a "developmental" loan. If, more likely, we do sell, it's now going to be for a ton more cash.

I agree with huss9. I think Mitro has learned to show some focus that we never saw. He's become a different, better player. Rafa didn't play him ahead of Murphy in the Championship for a reason.

The possibility is slim, but this even could work out as a "developmental" loan. If, more likely, we do sell, it's now going to be for a ton more cash.

I didn't really see anything different to his game yesterday, he showed he can hit a decent strike, which he has done for us once or twice as well. Still don't think his all round game is going to be enough for Rafa, ideally he will be looking for someone with a turn of pace. The plus is that if Fulham get promoted they'll pay a decent fee.

Mitro is a much better player in a team that has possession and play higher up the field.

With the players we have, i don't think Rafa could have us playing that.

If its counter football with little possession i am in Rafa's camp to not pick Mitro.

However please don't take anything away from this lad, he can score goals if you give him service.

We need a striker that can do more than score goals given how little possession and service the strikers usually get in this team in order to win a game.

In reality we need the front players to play hard for one another without differentiating who is the striker or the winger, that is how we have being able to score and win goals this half of the season with less possession.

Guest Howaythetoon

The Mitro situation is win win for us. If we decide not to bring him back we will get more than our money back arguably and even if Fulham were not to go up, I could see them looking at say 20m and thinking yeah as had they had him all season they may well be up already. If he does come back he will be confident and eager to kick on. I just don’t see where he’d fit in Rafa’s system though as he prefers someone hard working and mobile up there and by hard working I mean someone who is willing to run themselves into the ground ala Gayle or Perez. Slimani already looks like he has pace about him and strength.

i like mitro but it seems fairly clear that someone like slimani, while also a big lad, has just got more mobility and pace to be able to worry defenders in rafa's system - the exact problem both mitro and gayle face in it

he has to go i'm afraid, and we have to get slimani or someone like him