Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Triggs, point is - unless you’re going to score mid 20’s and up you’ll go through lean spells.  His goals to minutes ratio is almost identical to Harry Kane’s and better than Wilson’s.  No penalties iirc?

It’s 7 in 13. He’s 24.  The indicators are bad.

I don’t know what your point is. I know Mitrovic is a good player. However his fans have barely commented here while he’s gone 7 games without scoring and now he has a good game and all of a sudden he’s brilliant again and its a massive mistake by Rafa

Triggs, point is - unless you’re going to score mid 20’s and up you’ll go through lean spells.  His goals to minutes ratio is almost identical to Harry Kane’s and better than Wilson’s.  No penalties iirc?

I don’t know what your point is. I know Mitrovic is a good player. However his fans have barely commented here while he’s gone 7 games without scoring and now he has a good game and all of a sudden he’s brilliant again and its a massive mistake by Rafa

Because we’re a third of the way through the season and he’s rubbing shoulders with the likes of Aguero, Kane, Salah & Aubameyang amongst the league’s top scorers.

Probably most of you didnt watched all that goaless games but i am

He plays same...same like when he scored 5 in 7th matches...or in last 2 months without goal..He fight,jump,still good targetman...but with 1 big difference...

In last game he had good service...1 player was always close to him...he wasnt isolated...

Last 2 months you can count on fingers chances squad made for him...

Glen Murray.

Will Palace fans be saying the same?

Well he’s better than Benteke, so they should be.

I suppose our problem is the only striker currently at the club that we own is Joselu. Sign a decent striker and the Mitro debate stops.

I'm not overly fussed by this, Rondon seems like hes the perfect physical presence that Rafa requires up top

Mitrovic was pants for us. You can argue all the reasons in the world, for the amount of games he played for us and the return that was provided from him, it was more than warranted to sell.

Glen Murray.

Well he’s better than Benteke, so they should be.

I suppose our problem is the only striker currently at the club that we own is Joselu.

Muto?

Selling a 7 in 13 striker looks like a massive mistake. Selling a 13 in 38 striker would be a massive mistake.

Glen Murray.

Yes. Murray was a great player for Palace. The season after he did his ACL he scored something like 7 in 19. They let him go the following season. 

But there’s more to the Benteke thing. Prior to last season he was close to a 1 in 2 player. He had scored close to 80 goals in 5 seasons in England.  There’s a good player there somewhere.

Mitrovic never looked like 1 in 2 striker under Benitez though.

I've always liked Mitrovic and thought the hatred of him was absurd - there's always been obvious talent there - but selling him seemed the right choice imo. For whatever reason he was never going to fit with Benitez.

He got 14 goals and 10 assists in the league for us in 33 starts and 32 sub appearances. A goal every 230 minutes so every 2 and a half games almost? That was as a kid in his first season predominantly under McClaren or coming in and out of the team in the Championship. He was directly involved with a goal for us every 135 minutes. The potential was obvious despite the missed chances.

I've always liked Mitrovic and thought the hatred of him was absurd - there's always been obvious talent there - but selling him seemed the right choice imo. For whatever reason he was never going to fit with Benitez.

I agree it seems he and Rafa wouldn't work out. But that reflects badly on Rafa. That's a part of management. Making the best from what you have.

Aye. I'm not saying it's not Rafa's issue like, I don't know the full reasons why they never clicked, if Benitez thought he never fit into the side or if it was his attitude in training etc (there's things to suggest it was both IIRC).

I doubt Benitez is amazed he's went on to do well or anything though. I don't think he'd consider it a mistake selling him unless Rondon completely flops.

Aye. I'm not saying it's not Rafa's issue like, I don't know the full reasons why they never clicked, if Benitez thought he never fit into the side or if it was his attitude in training etc (there's things to suggest it was both IIRC).

I doubt Benitez is amazed he's went on to do well or anything though. I don't think he'd consider it a mistake selling him unless Rondon completely flops.

I think we are in the same sphere of understanding.

It's just that i'm looking at it as a fan and you're looking at it from Rafa's perspective (a man that fundamentally didn't rate Mitro for what is likely a mix of personality and ability).

We as fans should be disappointed that Rafa has sold a player what at 20, scored as many PL goals as his replacement has in his best PL season in 3 seasons. And is 5 years older.

getting the best out of Mitro would've solved a lot of problems. Likewise Mbabu.