Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Plea scored again yesterday, fwiw.

If we don't spend the fee, Mitro effectively left on a free transfer. Rafa did so much research he got RSI from looking at players on his computer. He must have assumed we would be signing some.

Is it a bit like Fifa/Pes/ FM on his computer.

He knows what cunts he works under, so he sets the search to find all players under 5m returning nothing,then trolling through the free agents, but he's compromised with the wages of most of the free agents. So he targets loans but he's also fucked down that avenue as now everyone else lives in the modern world where wages are above 70kpw for a regular /average player he realises he's limited to One loan. Then he just thinks fuck this I'm wasting my life at this shithouse,  I will just run down my existing contract and get some self respect back.

If we don't spend the fee, Mitro effectively left on a free transfer. Rafa did so much research he got RSI from looking at players on his computer. He must have assumed we would be signing some.

Scored in the last 5 in a row. Second highest top scorer as well. Couldn't get him though, would've upset Joselu.

Supposedly he didn't want to come here, his chairman at Nice said he preferred the move to Germany even though our offer was a better deal for Nice. Of course there's no way of telling if our interest was genuine with the way this club works, but Plea did actually suggest that he was interested in a move to Spain because "La Liga is a league that’s very technical and is suited to attackers.”

He ended up in Germany eventually, but you do wonder if he really fancied the Premier, allegedly West Ham and Spurs were interested as well.

Scored in the last 5 in a row. Second highest top scorer as well. Couldn't get him though, would've upset Joselu.

Supposedly he didn't want to come here, his chairman at Nice said he preferred the move to Germany even though our offer was a better deal for Nice. Of course there's no way of telling if our interest was genuine with the way this club works, but Plea did actually suggest that he was interested in a move to Spain because "La Liga is a league that’s very technical and is suited to attackers.”

He ended up in Germany eventually, but you do wonder if he really fancied the Premier, allegedly West Ham and Spurs were interested as well.

The whole thing just stank of a 'we tried' ploy. As soon as BMG came in with an offer we just gave up. A player like him coming in for finally a deal over our record fee would've lifted the mundane feeling felt throughout the window which was swept into the season itself. Sick of it.

It's impossible to know.

I'm under the impression that every competent club/manager informally makes contacts with players (or their agents) that they're interested in to see if the player will want to sign. It's tapping up, but everyone does it and gets away with it especially if the player is looking to move or the club is willing to sell. Same way that Keegan lined up Modric, or Hyppia, before we had even put a bid in. Rafa did this with Loftus Cheek and Tammy Abraham. So it's safe to assume Rafa had checked that Plea would be open to a move here.

And I imagine he's one of the many players on our managers shortlists over the years who has no desire to wait for a mediocre yo-yo club like NUFC, with it's pitiful training facilities, rusting stadium and tacky yellow sports Poundland equivalent logos plastered everywhere, to maybe eventually make a (derisory) bid.

It's impossible to know.

I'm under the impression that every competent club/manager informally makes contacts with players (or their agents) that they're interested in to see if the player will want to sign. It's tapping up, but everyone does it and gets away with it especially if the player is looking to move or the club is willing to sell. Same way that Keegan lined up Modric, or Hyppia, before we had even put a bid in. Rafa did this with Loftus Cheek and Tammy Abraham. So it's safe to assume Rafa had checked that Plea would be open to a move here.

And I imagine he's one of the many players on our managers shortlists over the years who has no desire to wait for a mediocre yo-yo club like NUFC, with it's pitiful training facilities, rusting stadium and tacky yellow sports Poundland equivalent logos plastered everywhere, to maybe eventually make a (derisory) bid.

Yeah I get that, and then of course when you have a genuine world class manager involved in the process, that can make a massive difference. Keegan would have fancied his chances of luring Modric just as he did with Ginola in the old days, pretty sure Rafa would equally be a lot more persuasive than Charnley. :lol:

It's infuriating, but ultimately only Rafa will know the truth of it, as you say, a manager of his calibre will have probably sounded out the player's representatives himself to see if there was any mileage in it. Ultimately you can only judge this board on deals they actually manage to secure, and they are all low budget ones.

It must be properly painful for Rafa trying to sell this club to potential signings.  We're like a battered 200,000 mile Ford Ka surrounded by brand new Ferraris at the minute.  A club properly in decay.  No hope of ever winning anything; the only reason to come here is to get into the PL shop window and hope for a move to a bigger club like Crystal Palace or Fulham.  Properly wank.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45969705

"It was really hard in Newcastle," he says. "It was one city, one club. Everybody there was really crazy about Newcastle.

"Sometimes it is nice, but sometimes you want to be quiet and go out with your family. When you are not happy on the field, you just don't want to think about football, [you want to] have your space.

"In Newcastle, there is no chance."

We just didn't suit each other," says Mitrovic. "I didn't suit his tactics and I didn't really feel comfortable to play, so he couldn't get the best out of me. But it is nothing personal - just business.

"We had a good relationship and he is a good guy.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45969705

"It was really hard in Newcastle," he says. "It was one city, one club. Everybody there was really crazy about Newcastle.

"Sometimes it is nice, but sometimes you want to be quiet and go out with your family. When you are not happy on the field, you just don't want to think about football, [you want to] have your space.

"In Newcastle, there is no chance."

We just didn't suit each other," says Mitrovic. "I didn't suit his tactics and I didn't really feel comfortable to play, so he couldn't get the best out of me. But it is nothing personal - just business.

"We had a good relationship and he is a good guy.”

Gone full Jenas. Strokey nonce.

Seen plenty players round town. Can't say I've ever seen anyone stop them going about their business.

Aye you'll get kids doing it, but they'll be the same kids writing down how they prepare their Weetabix. So it's clear they're just overly excited and possibly on the spectrum.

Seen plenty players round town. Can't say I've ever seen anyone stop them going about their business.

Aye you'll get kids doing it, but they'll be the same kids writing down how they prepare their Weetabix. So it's clear they're just overly excited and possibly on the spectrum.

:lol: :lol:

That's a surprise, if anyone would love being in a football mad city you would think it would be Mitro.

It's fucking toxic man. And the city/country/world is chock full of utter plebs. I can certainly see massive negatives to hanging around Newcastle for a footballer who just wants to get on with his day.