Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Having Rondon and Gayle fighting for the position would be so much better than what we have, in spite of the latter's limitations. He was very useful on the break at the end of last season and would've offered a different option to Rondon.

Hopefully Muto has a shout at getting in the side in the second half of the season. Have to wonder what the point was if not.

Guest Howaythetoon

Would rather have Rondon. Think yesterday proved why Mitro would not fit into Rafas team..

Perhaps, but would you rather have Joselu or Mitrovic as backup?

No point keeping Mitrovic if you’re not going to play him and can get lots of money from selling him to spe... oh wait!

It was only one game I know, but watching Fulham today with Mitrovic up front he struggled in the system Fulham deployed and how they tried to play. Babbel on the other hand looked a good fit.

Again he’ll score goals and for Fulham, he’s probably worth starting every game even if he doesn’t give them much in terms of pressing, movement, energy and runs off the ball in deeper areas or around the box because he’s their best bet for a goal.

They have enough variety in the side to switch it and go more direct with crosses and balls into the box where Mitrovic is a handful and more at home.

He’s a much better player than Joselu, but he’s just as limited as he is when he’s used a certain way which for us is a way he’s not suited to and never will be.

Again, he couldn’t give us what Rondon does, and although yes he’s stronger than Joselu, better in the air and more of a physical threat, winnng headers, baking into defenders and being hard to push off the ball are not prerequisites for our system, that’s not going to benefit us.

What does is what Rondon gave us yesterday, high energy, pressing, mobility, runs, clever flick ons, clever hold up play, quick feet, lay offs, ball retention. All things that allow others to come into play, to play off and into, to stretch the opposition or isolate one of their men to open up space.

Mitrovic ambles about a lot looking unsure of what to really do with a header or flick on, with the ball to his feet with his back to goal and backed up against someone or when moving forward in a move where to run for a pass or to drag someone out of position.

Stick him in the box and whip crosses in and he’ll score goals and get in the end of any scraps that bobble and bounce round in there.

I paid close attention to Mitrovic tonight, I thought he was lazy and many a time he didn’t even try to press or close his man down eventually sticking with Sanchez in what become a petty personal dual which he came out of looking every inch the slow, immobile and  one dimensial player that he really is. Mitrovic wouldn’t have given us what Rondon did yesterday.

At one stage in the game he actually got in the way of a Fulham move because he didnt know where to run which ended up leaving his man on the ball having to try and beat a few players because Mitrovic gave him no option to feed it into him.

He’s a penalty box striker who will score goals from crosses and scraps inside the box, he’s very poor outside the box off the ball at making runs, splitting from his marker or taking men away from him, he just runs straight and to the box often into a defender or offside.

He’d be pretty useless up front for us, as Rondon showed yesterday it’s not just about being a physical presence and winning headers, it’s about controlling the ball, playing in team-mates, moving into space, dragging defenders away and that’s where Rondon is much better because he has a bit of a football brain.

I think Babel will be putting pressure on his place in the team, not sure Ranieri will be as accommodating with Mitro as the former manager was. You have to be a pretty special player to go against your manager's instructions, and Mitro isn't Paul Pogba. If he was a lethal finisher, you could perhaps give him more licence, otherwise he really needs to be worth his place in other ways.

Fulham's problem is they've conceded 50+ goals in the league.

Mitro has scored 8 league goals this season. Not saying he doesn't have flaws or can't improve but he is the least of their problems.

I agree. He was causing problems for Tottenham during every set piece, and should have won a penalty.

He's not the most skilled and pacy player, but he will score some ugly and physical goals. Which is exactly what a team in the bottom 3 needs.

Fulham's problem is they've conceded 50+ goals in the league.

Mitro has scored 8 league goals this season. Not saying he doesn't have flaws or can't improve but he is the least of their problems.

I agree. He was causing problems for Tottenham during every set piece, and should have won a penalty.

He's not the most skilled and pacy player, but he will score some ugly and physical goals. Which is exactly what a team in the bottom 3 needs.

Exactly. Fulham defence is poor, that's what's costing them. Doesn't help that Seri hasn't really delivered, and Sessegnon has been okay, nothing more than that (from what I've seen).

He's got 8 goals in 23 games. So basically 1 in 3 for a relegation threatened side.

They've conceded 51 goals. That is clearly why they have 14 points and in trouble.

Rondon's scored 3 less goals for us, and I think he's done a good job.

Again, he is the least of their problems. They need to invest in defence or they're down IMO.

He's got 8 goals in 23 games. So basically 1 in 3 for a relegation threatened side.

They've conceded 51 goals. That is clearly why they have 14 points and in trouble.

Again, he is the least of their problems. They need to invest in defence or they're down IMO.

He got 5 in his first 6 and almost never scores now. It might not be their biggest problem but its still quite a big issue

I reckon Mitro is probably a better allround player than Rondon, but Rondon suits our style much better, as Rafa would say "that's it".

"Even though all the evidence and people's own eyes point to the contrary, I'm going to hold this contrarian opinion..."

When it comes to defence, investing is not enough imo. They did invest in Mawson, Le Marchand & Anguissa, Bryan, Chambers & Rico but they lack organisation and a sense of cohesion which you cannot buy.

Guest neesy111

When it comes to defence, investing is not enough imo. They did invest in Mawson, Le Marchand & Anguissa, Bryan, Chambers & Rico but they lack organisation and a sense of cohesion which you cannot buy.

Yeap, need a midfield that's able to protect as well.

Spot on in contrast Rafa has organised our defense to be the 6th best in the league in terms of goals conceded. And with a goalkeeper that he only got for £5million and defenders that he only got for £3million :lol:

Remarkable that we’ve conceded less than Man Utd and Arsenal.

I know it's a fairly meaningless debate but I can't imagine Mitro doing anything like what Rondon did for his two Perez assists this season. Mitro's got more potential because he has age on his side but I much prefer the bloke we've got in the side now; he uses his strength better and is just as likely to grab an assist as he is a goal. Plenty confidence in front of goal too.