Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Player in does better at different club shocker. Maybe Fulham just suits him better and he's clearly doing much better there. It was never going to happen for him under Rafa, his attitude and poor displays confirmed that. I've never been a fan and don't get the constant analysis of him now he's left though.

Player in does better at different club shocker. Maybe Fulham just suits him better and he's clearly doing much better there. It was never going to happen for him under Rafa, his attitude and poor displays confirmed that. I've never been a fan and don't get the constant analysis of him now he's left though.

He was a young, good-standard Premier League striker with huge potential who just simply didn't fit into Rafa's system, and if you exclude the McClaren time when he was a 20 year old leading the line of Newcastle United on his own, adapting to a new country, his goalscoring record is very good. In the short-term it may well have been right to move him on for that reason, but in the long-term the probability is we'll end up regretting just selling him for £22m.

Plus he was a radge bastard, some people love that, some don't. He massively splits opinion, hence why people will constantly discuss. The fact that he's openly been an NUFC fan since he was a kid also generates interest too. It's only the people who were "never a fan" that can't see why, as they never gave him a proper chance.

Rafa fucked up, there i said it.

we got a decent fee though that he probably thought he could reinvest.

i think the bigger fuck up was mbabu for peanuts.

still love rafa though, neebody's perfect.

he won't get everything right but he isn't bomb proof and on this he got it wrong....and yes i still love him  O0

Wasn’t Mbabu supposed to partying in his flat in Jesmond all the time?  I’m sure i read something from a local journalist that suggested something like that.  Probably not much of an issue if he was fit all the time but he had a poor injury record.  Rafa probably thought he was taking the piss.

Rafa fucked up, there i said it.

we got a decent fee though that he probably thought he could reinvest.

i think the bigger fuck up was mbabu for peanuts.

still love rafa though, neebody's perfect.

It’s a decent fee in the same way £12m for Milner seemed a ‘decent fee’ and wasn’t correctly replaced. Truth is, he’ll go on to far bigger things. Can see him at Chelsea in the next couple of years for at least double what we got.

How much is it going to cost to sign someone as good and with the potential to grow as what Mitrovic has? £30-40m? Said it before and I’ll say it again, we should have been able to adapt our game slightly to play to his strengths. Games like Brighton at home this season I don’t think our style would have needed to have changed too much, we put plenty of balls in the box but had no one there. He’d have caused their centre-backs a bit more of a headache too, it was probably as easy a game as Dunk & Duffy will have this season. I really like Rondon but I don’t think he’s any better than Mitrovic.

Guest neesy111

No goals in 8 games, shite

Scores 2 with new manager bounce against the worst form team in the league, best player ever

See the rondon thread for similar reactions.

Guest neesy111

He's happier that he left NUFC, it just didn't work out.  Happens with lots of players and clubs where the circumstances etc stop a player achieving their 100% during their stint at the club.

Unless people think he’s a 30-35 goal a season striker, he’s going to go runs of games without goals like.

7 games though, playing 90 minutes in all those games. Did Gayle or Joselu even do that last season? Mitro is clearly a good player but this reaction to a very good performance when he hasn't scored in 7 games is a bit mad IMO

We’ll forget the 5 in 5 games before that. Shearer went runs without goals, Lukaku hasn’t scored in a while but he’s still a top striker, Firmino’s just scored his first in 8 league games...

Aye, players can go on goalless runs but when Lukaku does score again its not like he’s going to get praised for it