Fantasy Premier League 2015/16 - B Barnes wins

LRD

You have probably tried to evenly funds distribute across the 15 I assume? That isn't the way to go about it if you want to do well.

The problem is, you have four players sat on the bench every week - and you don't want a lot of money sat on the bench as you currently have. You want it in the first eleven earning points. Generally benches at least at the start of the year are populated with players costing £4-5 million. People often chose low cost players that either rotate well so you have options, but generally you just want to avoid the cardinal sin of having players on your bench that don't play in case someone from your starting 11 picks up a sudden injury. Your defence in particular, is too expensive. Mine costs £25 million whilst yours costs £28 million. I know that doesn't sound a lot, but it is. 

This is what I would do if it were my team. I would be looking to get rid of Jagielka - you don't want two defenders from the same team really, because if they concede you aren't getting many points (replace him with someone cheaper). And I would also look to downgrade one of your more expensive players to a cheaper regular starter. That would save £2/2.5 million. In midfield, Ozil and Sterling are pretty standard picks. Schneiderlin isn't the type of player who picks up many points in FF, I would be looking elsewhere and trying to save £0.5 too...

You get the impression. Generally you have just spread the funds too thinly and because of that you don't have any of the really big hitters.

You have probably tried to evenly funds distribute across the 15 I assume? That isn't the way to go about it if you want to do well.

The problem is, you have four players sat on the bench every week - and you don't want a lot of money sat on the bench as you currently have. You want it in the first eleven earning points. Generally benches at least at the start of the year are populated with players costing £4-5 million. People often chose low cost players that either rotate well so you have options, but generally you just want to avoid the cardinal sin of having players on your bench that don't play in case someone from your starting 11 picks up a sudden injury. Your defence in particular, is too expensive. Mine costs £25 million whilst yours costs £28 million. I know that doesn't sound a lot, but it is. 

This is what I would do if it were my team. I would be looking to get rid of Jagielka - you don't want two defenders from the same team really, because if they concede you aren't getting many points (replace him with someone cheaper). And I would also look to downgrade one of your more expensive players to a cheaper regular starter. That would save £2/2.5 million. In midfield, Ozil and Sterling are pretty standard picks. Schneiderlin isn't the type of player who picks up many points in FF, I would be looking elsewhere and trying to save £0.5 too...

You get the impression. Generally you have just spread the funds too thinly and because of that you don't have any of the really big hitters.

Ah I think I get it, so generally lower the price of my bench to spend on players for the first team, as well as try and lower the price of my defence, and logically speaking having only one player from each team makes sense as you are essentially just hedging your bets, that way if like you say a teams gets hammered, youre not greatly effect. How many transfers are you allowed to make once a season has started, I would assume not many?

So if I was to replace both Baines as Jagielka for Micah Richards and Luke Shaw that will lower my total defence down to £26, then in midfield replace Sigurdsson for someone like Capoue as he's more then likely going to be a regular starter as well as replace Schniderlin with Cabaye? Obviously stuff like what type of players pay out more then others I will pick up on over time, but im assuming that more attacking and creative players score more points? So that would leave me with a team looking like:

http://i.gyazo.com/c40664d01e6064a4797d8da65236c61c.png

You need to buy more Newcastle defenders.

Har Har Asshat. :lol:

Ah I think I get it, so generally lower the price of my bench to spend on players for the first team, as well as try and lower the price of my defence, and logically speaking having only one player from each team makes sense as you are essentially just hedging your bets, that way if like you say a teams gets hammered, youre not greatly effect. How many transfers are you allowed to make once a season has started, I would assume not many?

So if I was to replace both Baines as Jagielka for Micah Richards and Luke Shaw that will lower my total defence down to £26, then in midfield replace Sigurdsson for someone like Capoue as he's more then likely going to be a regular starter as well as replace Schniderlin with Cabaye? Obviously stuff like what type of players pay out more then others I will pick up on over time, but im assuming that more attacking and creative players score more points? So that would leave me with a team looking like:

Yes that's better. I  would still look to cheapen your defence a bit still, because if nothing else a 343/352 is favourable for getting points.

You get one free transfer a week, if you don't use it, it carries over to the next. But you can never have more than two free transfers. If the free transfers aren't enough, you can make more changes, but it costs you points. You also get two wildcards, one for each half of the season where you can make an unlimited number of transfers for free. Basically, lots of chopping and changing throughout.

Also, its mainly defensive I wouldn't double on. Nothing wrong with having a Man United striker and defender. If a defence concedes only one goal, unless they make a contribution otherwise they will probably only get two points. It's not just thrashings.

I'm getting Pelle captain for the first week I think. Southampton have a decent start as well so will keep him in there until lil Sergio is fit.

It's a real shame that Kun most likely won't start the season. He's guarantee 20 goals and City will always maul s*** teams at Etihad.

My biggest headache now is a pick between Sigurdsson or Cabaye. I've changed them many times already.

Giroud and Kane were initially in my team, but today I woke up and f***ed them both off.

Picked Ozil as I think he'll have a productive season behind a proper finisher like Walcott. But still very tempted to switch him with Sterling once Kun is back.

I really think Sterling-Kun combo will get a lot of goals and assists this season.

:hmm:

Go with Cabaye fwiw. Swansea adding Ayew spreads out the attacking threat around more players, while Cabaye has been brought in as a focal point. The only other proper Palace option in attack is Bolasie who's quite inconsistent.

Why not go for Walcott if you can afford him, he and Sterling are the same price so it'd be easier to change them later on.

It's a real shame that Kun most likely won't start the season. He's guarantee 20 goals and City will always maul s*** teams at Etihad.

My biggest headache now is a pick between Sigurdsson or Cabaye. I've changed them many times already.

Giroud and Kane were initially in my team, but today I woke up and f***ed them both off.

Picked Ozil as I think he'll have a productive season behind a proper finisher like Walcott. But still very tempted to switch him with Sterling once Kun is back.

I really think Sterling-Kun combo will get a lot of goals and assists this season.

:hmm:

Go with Cabaye fwiw. Swansea adding Ayew spreads out the attacking threat around more players, while Cabaye has been brought in as a focal point. The only other proper Palace option in attack is Bolasie who's quite inconsistent.

Why not go for Walcott if you can afford him, he and Sterling are the same price so it'd be easier to change them later on.

Ayew's surely not a bad shout either?

Cabaye will play deep for Palace I think and they don't have a top striker to get on the end of his balls and score. I see Puncheon and their wide players contributing goals/assists a lot more.

Courtois, Krul

Darmian, Bellerin, Azpiliqueta, (Wisdom, Baker)

Hazard ©, Depay, Chamberlain, Sterling (Wanyama)

Mitrovic, Rooney, Pelle

Finally starting to look good, but knowing myself there will be more changes before the weekend.