Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Looked far more composed on the ball and with his passing. Which is odd, seeing as it was against such a good side. 

He was noticeably trying to pass through the lines and to feet. Usually with success, as well. Even the longer stuff was quite controlled. Not just blasting it anywhere like he often used to. 

It was noticeable how bad we were from the back without Schar and Botman to receive it short. But they are both well above average centre backs on the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Holloway said:

he was very good again when called upon, you just wonder about his ambition as he is at his peak years wise

Couldn't give a fuck about his ambition if it's not stopping a clean sheet tbh. :lol:

He might just want to stay and be a part of something special rather than drop a step or two down the ladder. Especially while it appears he's still an important figure off the pitch.

I'm someone that wouldn't have batted an eyelid if we moved on from him for a younger back up but fair play, he's been solid every time called upon.

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Couldn't give a fuck about his ambition if it's not stopping a clean sheet tbh. :lol:

He might just want to stay and be a part of something special rather than drop a step or two down the ladder. Especially while it appears he's still an important figure off the pitch.

I'm someone that wouldn't have batted an eyelid if we moved on from him for a younger back up but fair play, he's been solid every time called upon.

aye he might be casting an eye at Jonjo

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

The last two years there's always been people who's been saying they are worried when they see him in the side, but I can't remember him letting us down even once since Howe came in. 

Should bag a few net busting headers off corners for us the more he plays. Did us and himself proud last night! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

8 hours ago, KaKa said:

His use of the ball and composure on it has improved so much man. 

Really glad for him tonight. Absolutely no concerns with him coming in for Schar this season when needed.

He’s certainly got to be one of the really good back up options in the league. As you say he looked pretty good last night, great leader too. The squad feels so much deeper when you see Lascelles and Dummet playing like that. Excellent use of players by Howe.

I think he will probably move on at the end of this season as isn’t his contract up? 

2 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

He’s certainly got to be one of the really good back up options in the league. As you say he looked pretty good last night, great leader too. The squad feels so much deeper when you see Lascelles and Dummet playing like that. Excellent use of players by Howe.

I think he will probably move on at the end of this season as isn’t his contract up? 

Yeah, his contract is up end of the season.

That's why we have been looking at young backups in that position to play behind Schar I imagine.

And so yeah, will most likely leave come the summer. 

Really surprised no one's come in for him this past summer. There's worse players starting at centre back for Forest as an example.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That's why we have been looking at young backups in that position to play behind Schar I imagine.

Really surprised no one's come in for him this past summer. There's worse players starting at centre back for Forest as an example.

Don’t be surprised if they renew him. 

Massively impressed with him (and Dummett) last night. 

Lascelles in particular played some really nice passes into midfield, including for the goal.

Fair play to them for improving but also hats off to Eddie because just through training he has got everyone in the squad comfortable and competent on the ball. 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Must not want to leave and neither is the club eager. He's a much better CB than Burn imo.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Don’t be surprised if they renew him. 

Yeah, I'm sure that's also a possibility, and if it happens it will be because he earned it by having a great season. 

He's still just 29 years old, and so I could see a 3 year extension. If it means we could then focus money on other areas for the meantime then perhaps we see that.

Lascelles isn’t as good as our starting CBs but he’s going to look better in an organised, intelligent team that are playing to his strengths. He’s been absolutely fine pretty much every time Howe has needed him.

Him and Targett only got so little game time due to us amazingly having very few defensive injuries last season. 

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Must not want to leave and neither is the club eager. He's a much better CB than Burn imo.

Burn was very good at CB when he first came in too.

Think they're probably around the same level in that position.

Lascelles is more dominant physically, but Burn was a bit better with the ball in that position, although Lascelles now looks so much better in that respect now, so maybe he does edge him actually.

11 hours ago, wormy said:

If he plays as well as last night he'll get more games. Especially if we're still in 3 cups after the new year