Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

56 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I'm sure that's also a possibility, and if it happens it will be because he earned it by having a great season. 

He's still just 29 years old, and so I could see a 3 year extension. If it means we could then focus money on other areas for the meantime then perhaps we see that.

I think he'll be off, as with no fee being involved he could be offered the same wages elsewhere and be a starter.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Burn was very good at CB when he first came in too.

Think they're probably around the same level in that position.

Lascelles is more dominant physically, but Burn was a bit better with the ball in that position, although Lascelles now looks so much better in that respect now, so maybe he does edge him actually.

He was. I think Burn has poor concentration and can quickly lose his composure at CB. That physical dominance of Lascelles brings assuredness to the defence (when he's decent on the ball).

Mad to think the consensus was that he was finished here and should move on. It's the other way round, with us not being able to get a cover CB in the summer, him being here has given us breathing space, at least now we know if Botman or Schar get crocked, we can still do a job defensively. Dummett included.

28 minutes ago, TRon said:

Mad to think the consensus was that he was finished here and should move on. It's the other way round, with us not being able to get a cover CB in the summer, him being here has given us breathing space, at least now we know if Botman or Schar get crocked, we can still do a job defensively. Dummett included.

Dummett, as much as I like him, doesn’t belong anywhere near top level football anymore. We both know that.

Edited by Ronaldo

29 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Dummett, as much as I like him, doesn’t belong anywhere near top level football anymore. We both know that.

I wouldn't like to see him playing too many games, and I was pissed off that he was given a squad place tbh, but he helped get us through that cup tie against a top level team. So can't really argue with that decision any more.

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

So impressed with how his passing has come on.

Amazing professional too, to be captain and totally fine with barely ever playing but still backing the team at all times. What a guy

Yeah I’m starting to warm to this guy

I think he done well today and he’s certainly improved under Howe but the drop off from Botman is huge. 

Still looked nervy at times on the ball and forward passes Botman would have played were kept simple or sideways. 

Not knocking him , he’s got his limitations but Botman will be a huge miss in the bigger games.